New smoking ban in Italy (1 Viewer)

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
oh CRAP

They just had to do that right before I move there didn't they :lazy:

Friggin' health nazis.
I can't agree with that. I'm of the opinion that if you want to damage your lungs, die of cancer, or place your genetalia in a blender (I don't want this to be smoking-specific), fine, so long as you, and not the taxpaying public in general, pay for the damage, go right ahead. But people smoking in public are an irritant, and a minor health risk. Furthermore, women who smoke while pregnant (and we're talking about a substance classified as being as adictive as heroin, so don't give me any rubbish about them all giving up) inflict real, quantified damage on the foetus. I don't know if you agree, but governments putting incentives in place to stop people picking up smoking (and that's what this is really about) strikes me as a good thing.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
Basically i think you should be allowed to smoke in two places:

outside
in your own home

just think of us poor sods who like to go to the pub but ultimately run the risk of getting lung cancer or whatever via passive smoking. Hardly fair is it!!

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
It's been a long time since i've went to a pub or night-club, JUST because of the smoking thing, i can't support, it's like am coming out from Malboro Factory, my clothes my hair everything smells just like cigarette ....

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
I'm not doing anything tonight. I'm packing my stuff - tomorrow I'm moving out of my apartment (bringing all my stuff to my parent's place and I sublet my place with a monthly profit of 25 euros :D).

Then back at my parent's place for a short two weeks before I move off to Italy.

You got any plans?

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
Excellent.. cha-ching!! :greedy:

Its office party tonight so its get as drunk as possible on the free wine :D

*aca*

Jul 15, 2002
i think that all these smoking bans are horse arse bans:rollani:

"we know that smoking is bad for you, but it brings us shit loads of money. So what we gonna do, we gonna bullshit around being tough on cigarettes while we still fill up goverment bags with money (because we know that smokers are addicted and will keep on smoking..hahahah suckers)

If they are really seriously interested in anyone's health, they would ban them alltohether. Make them illegal. Close tha factories.

But hey, it's political decision. It has to be half-way:D

btw, i'm against smoking bans in pubs & night clubs. I agree with restaurants though.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
SF has had a no smoking rule in bars and restaurants, etc., for over seven years now. It was instituted more out of the occupational safety of employees, not necessarily the customers. And it has had zero negative effect on business here as far as I can tell.

Though the first time I was in a bar after 1/1/98 (John Lee Hooker's Boom Boom Room), I couldn't believe how much the place smelled of sweat without the smoke. And this was in winter!

When I was in Italy last year, the Milan Marriott was holding an anti-smoking conference there with the sponsored support of the FIGC, among other organizations. I couldn't believe that Italy would go that far (few people smoke to begin with in California compared to the rest of the U.S. or world)... and I'm still dumbfounded that they were pushing forward on the new laws this year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)