New maffia game : signup and inactivity vote poll (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

Special role : detective "D"
During nighttime, the D can inspect a persons role. He'll send a pm to the narrator. The narrator will respond at the start of daytime (14h) to the detective what role the person has
"Guns blazing" : Once during the game, the D can chose to kill a person instead of inspecting. He will submit the name to the narrator during nighttime, and the person will be shot at the start of daytime. Once again noting, the D cannot inspect the player first, and can not inspect another player when using "guns blazing"
->the "D"cannot be recruited

Correction on this, the mafia for dummies thread had it wrong from the get-go or it was re-edited, but the gunblaze works exactly as an investigation, as in you send in the order at day time, and THEN you get to see the gunblaze at night time after lynching deadline, like with everything else except jailer (only thing that happens at daytime). I dont get the insistence on trying to change how the detective role works, Alen tried during last game to say the investigation result gets known in day time, I didnt notice until later gunblazed happend at day time too this time (says so in dummy thread for some illogical reason, so cant blame Kate for that, btw you are defenitely my fav narrator :tup: ). The added dramatic narrative of gunblazing in night time is having a showdown with the Gs, you can litterally gunblaze a G who is whacking you the same night, its pretty cool when its timed, seen it happen couple of times.

- - - Updated - - -

I read about that but didn't know you could lynch and whack 2 people each day. Sounds interesting. I'd be down to play that if others are interested.

If we don't change anything there was one role that wasn't too crazy. The vigilante role. A civilian is given the role of vigilante who's allowed to kill anyone he suspects of being a gangster. In some cases he's allowed to do so each night and in some he's limited either by time or 'bullets'.
Yeah few experimental roles were tried out, some didnt make sense whatsoever in the balance of the game, like the vigilante you mention, or serial killer, basically a wild card player that isnt on any side and can randomly kill ppl each night. Roles like that didnt stick around for long (since it has no tangible role to play in the Good vs evil fight thats the core purpose of the game, wild card in practice just turned out to be random occurance that accidently helped one side now and then), but was peculiar to see, but it wasnt as fun as it sounded in paper. A weird one I liked, but that turned out to be too powerful, was one added role called werewolf or skinwalker, had like 2 extra lifes or shit like that.

P.S Forget to link XTs subforum section for Mafia games, some game threads one can browse and maybe notice some novelty roles: http://www.xtratime.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=437

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
  • Thread Starter #62
    Oh sorry osman, was basing that on Kate's narrating, wich she did magnificently

I'll Keep that in mind

- - - Updated - - -

Also, Osman, signing up ?

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    Nope my man, off on a 3 weeks long vacation to Hakuna matata land in coming sunday.

I agree with Alen who says you should play next game instead of narrate though, its better for you to apply what you learned in first game in 2nd game (and unlike sheik, please adapt and learn the game, dont keep making the same mistakes :D).

Kate

Feb 7, 2011
    Correction on this, the mafia for dummies thread had it wrong from the get-go or it was re-edited, but the gunblaze works exactly as an investigation, as in you send in the order at day time, and THEN you get to see the gunblaze at night time after lynching deadline, like with everything else except jailer (only thing that happens at daytime). I dont get the insistence on trying to change how the detective role works, Alen tried during last game to say the investigation result gets known in day time, I didnt notice until later gunblazed happend at day time too this time (says so in dummy thread for some illogical reason, so cant blame Kate for that, btw you are defenitely my fav narrator :tup: ). The added dramatic narrative of gunblazing in night time is having a showdown with the Gs, you can litterally gunblaze a G who is whacking you the same night, its pretty cool when its timed, seen it happen couple of times.
    That does make good sense, and I like the idea of working the D role that way.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    Okidoki my man, but its best to ask away everything you need to know about the rules now, so you dont get confounded later due to lack of experience. Though its not that complicated, even if Janna and Jasper kinda had it tough as narrators as new players.

OP

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
  • Thread Starter #67
    Okidoki my man, but its best to ask away everything you need to know about the rules now, so you dont get confounded later due to lack of experience. Though its not that complicated, even if Janna and Jasper kinda had it tough as narrators as new players.
    Yes but I think of myself as intelligent enough to do this, and MUCH easyer as this goddamn complex integrals im practicing for re-exames in september in the mean time

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    True, good luck, as I said its not that complicated. Though dont get the fuss about narrating, the fun is in playing.

OP

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
  • Thread Starter #69
    The fuzz is that no one else wants to do it, and i find it amuzing knowing who is who, and seeing the drama unfold

- - - Updated - - -

Signups so far :

Völler
    sheik
    Kate
    Soren
    pitbull
    Alen
    King arturo
    Mr Chocolate

OP

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
  • Thread Starter #73
    Signups so far :

Völler
    Kate
    Soren
    pitbull
    Alen
    King arturo
    Mr Chocolate

- - - Updated - - -

@Salvo

OP

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
  • Thread Starter #77
    Guys, how about it ?

@Klin , @Gep , @X , @Lemon318 , @Zé Tahir , @Bezzy , @Fr3sh , @Fake Melo , @IliveForJuve , @SABSAB , @Cuti , @piotrr

And perhaps @JCK , @Dule90 , @Enron

And who are "kyle", "jasper" and "matt" ?

- - - Updated - - -

Ah, the voting hours ain't good.
    Sorry man, trying to accustome everyone

And i learned from competitive starcraft 2 that around 11pm (gmt+1) is ideal.

Unless you live in korea

Tomice

Mar 25, 2009
    What Zach, no mention? not cool mate, not cool

The game ended or what happend? guess I got lot of pages to read now

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)