New Juventus Stadium (3 Viewers)

maxmc

Jul 27, 2002
i think i've seen a pic once, but i'm not sure about it....

juve plan to move the seats closer to the pitch (get rid of the running track...)
+ they want to reduce the capacity to 30 000 to 50 000...

they want to open many fan-shops, restaurants and a club-museum.... - actually i think they want to do it the manu-way....

and i think it's a good idea as the stadium is hardly ever full...
___
PLZ correct me if i posted something wrong, but as nobody replied i decided to post what i know 'bout the case...

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
The whole Project is called Mondo Juve, and will involve reducing the stadium capacity to 38.000, shops, training grounds (as Juve is currently training on the Communale, where Torino will play in 2006, so the DA will be all ours :thumb:), restaurants, multiplex cinemas... The Juve management predicts the income will be twice bigger than it is now.

maxmc

Jul 27, 2002
juve isn't training at the communale anymore... lippi and his players are training at the sisports training ground (at least i think so)

OP
LEC

LEC

Sep 6, 2002
  • Thread Starter #7
    ++ [ originally posted by The_G_O_A_T ] ++
    The whole Project is called Mondo Juve, and will involve reducing the stadium capacity to 38.000, shops, training grounds (as Juve is currently training on the Communale, where Torino will play in 2006, so the DA will be all ours :thumb:), restaurants, multiplex cinemas... The Juve management predicts the income will be twice bigger than it is now.

SORRY; BUT SHUTDAFUCUP TO ALL THOSE WHICH WANTS THIS NEW STADIUM!!
    38`000 what the hell? we sold last season 35`000 season tickets!!!!!!!!! i cant believe that Juventus will do that, otherwise its finish to watch games in torino:devil::devil::sob:

++ we will never be manu, we are JUVENTUS forever :D:D

OP
    LEC

LEC

Sep 6, 2002
  • Thread Starter #8
    ++ [ originally posted by LEC ] ++

SORRY; BUT SHUTDAFUCUP TO ALL THOSE WHICH WANTS THIS NEW STADIUM!!
    38`000 what the hell? we sold last season 35`000 season tickets!!!!!!!!! i cant believe that Juventus will do that, otherwise its finish to watch games in torino:devil::devil::sob:

++ we will never be manu, we are JUVENTUS forever :D:D
    ähhh if its true: SHUTDAFUCUP to=management:D

OP
    LEC

LEC

Sep 6, 2002
  • Thread Starter #10
    Come on, the average attendance is waaaaay under 25000. There arent even 10000 fans on most matches :stuckup:
    ????

there are in the most games arround 40`000, bigger games (milan,roma, inter, lazio) = 60-70000!!! what like 10000???? less games may are 30000, 10-20000 are only against unknown teams by international matches, cause the price is high....!!!!

--- the stadium must be at 60`000!!!!

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    No way, you get 50000 max against big teams, and against the small and in Coppa Italia, it's just pathetic. The ONLY time the DA was full this year was against Real. Not even againsta Barcelona and Manchester.

OP
    LEC

LEC

Sep 6, 2002
  • Thread Starter #12
    No way, you get 50000 max against big teams, and against the small and in Coppa Italia, it's just pathetic. The ONLY time the DA was full this year was against Real. Not even againsta Barcelona and Manchester.
    i dont know where u get your informations, just one example juve - milan 65`000, i really dont know where u life...:eek:

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
    what are you on about.... our average serie a attendence is allways roughly 40000

Averages for last few years ::

92/93 45868
    93/94 44520
    94/95 47866
    95/96 41946
    96/97 39271
    97/98 47347
    98/99 47164
    99/00 42229
    00/01 41273
    01/02 40687
    02/03 39771

Personally i have been to the delle alpi jus over 100 times in the past 9 years and am yet to go to a game with less than 20000 in attendence.
    Several games every season break the 60k barrier.

Theres a lot of people here who say they want to go to delle alpi at some point... well if you do this plan is not for you... with us averaging 33000 per season ticket sales over the last 10 years , the reduced capacity will mean the end to fans travelling from elsewhere.

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
    no man, i think juve are doing the right thing. Think of it this way, instead of having soo many extra seats open for games, they have more stores, museums and attractions. its not like they are selling the extra space they free up. And why would they keep the 70.000 capacity if its only going to be full once every season? Then also the players would be closer to the fans and it would for sure be a more intense environment for each game, because it would basically be full all the time. Therefore, according to predicts, juve will perform better if the fans are closer.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
    I think Giraudo is the one who is behind the reduction in capacity, so blame him.;). Personally, I can't go to Stadio Delle Alpi, so its hardly my concern.:p.

Anyway, I do see reasons behind the reduction in capacity, and even more so if I consider that Juve is building the stadium into American style multi-purpose one. Juve is basically trying to play monopolistic game here. The boardroom will try to improve the quality of vision, A reduction in capacity will likely lead to less fans (since the capacity will be lower than average attendance) but by bringing the stadium closer to pitch (Currently, closest spectator seat from the pitch is 23m, and furthest one is ,162m and according to a report I read, the seat should be closer than San Siro with new stad.) the quality of vision will improve, which should increase the demand. A increased demand, and reduction in suply, the result: Higher ticket prices.
    Also, if ticket price increase, then only the people who are well off (middle and upper classes) can afford to go frequently, and Juve will probably try to use this to their advantage by offering various commercial services, and thus increasing the "gate receipt".

It should increase the revenue for Juve, but I fear the ones who lose out will be loyal tifosi who can't afford to pay higher prices.:(.
    Beside, I am not too happy about Juve considering selling the name of stadium, similar to that in USA, such as Enron (Used to be Houston Astros), by naming it "Nike Stadium".:frown:

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
    Obviously the capacity must decrease but in no way should it drop to 30k, the same plan could easily be implemented with a reduction to around 55k as was originally mooted.

This would be ideal.
    You also forget that with the new design there will be 200 corporate boxes which will be the best seasts in the house and as such the atmosphere will actually be worse with jus 30k fans.

With 55k, the atmosphere would be fantastic, the place would be packed virtually every game and everyone would be happy... and travelling fans would be able to get tickets (though that doesnt effect me personally) .... it was a far better proposal and should be put into action rather than making us into a 30k joke.

Jun... why cant you go to delle alpi, Jus cause you live in japan??

I dont see the problem....

ps. when i was in tokyo for the intercontinental cup the fans were some of the best ive ever seen

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
    Hey, the club's gotta do what the club's gotta do
    I don't mind the capacity being reduced. After all, the cost of maintaining such huge building like Stadio Delle Alpi would be huge.
    However, what I have problem here is that, Juve management is being so blatant in trying to play monopolistic game. Why have capacity below average attendace? Why can't the management reduce to a level around 45 000-50 000, and if we bring the stands closer to the pitch, shouldn't the average attendance should rise. I speculate that the stadium capacity could be maintained at 45 000 level and yet have full house.

I just feel that the management is discriminating certain fans. After all, I believe even though Juve is private enterprise, it should trying to give something back to the fans, as all private corp. has social obligations. Nevertheless, I do like to see us go through with the redevelopment plan, because higher revenue in the future should enable us to buy a big name players without sacrificing the established stars.:). Man U, beware.:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)