New Juventus Stadium (2 Viewers)

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++
Obviously the capacity must decrease but in no way should it drop to 30k, the same plan could easily be implemented with a reduction to around 55k as was originally mooted.

This would be ideal.
You also forget that with the new design there will be 200 corporate boxes which will be the best seasts in the house and as such the atmosphere will actually be worse with jus 30k fans.

With 55k, the atmosphere would be fantastic, the place would be packed virtually every game and everyone would be happy... and travelling fans would be able to get tickets (though that doesnt effect me personally) .... it was a far better proposal and should be put into action rather than making us into a 30k joke.

Jun... why cant you go to delle alpi, Jus cause you live in japan??

I dont see the problem....

ps. when i was in tokyo for the intercontinental cup the fans were some of the best ive ever seen
Well I love Juve, but realistically the cost of flight as well as accomodation is simply not affordable, especially with the kind of salary I get.;).
Beside, I only travel during summer period, and unfortunately it is " off-season" for soccer.:frown:.
And visiting Turin is hardly the most exciting prospect!:D

Buy on AliExpress.com

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Jun-hide ] ++
Well I love Juve, but realistically the cost of flight as well as accomodation is simply not affordable, especially with the kind of salary I get.;).
Beside, I only travel during summer period, and unfortunately it is " off-season" for soccer.:frown:.
And visiting Turin is hardly the most exciting prospect!:D
Your situation may change though.... in a few years you may have money to burn and decide to go... but not be able to due to this rather than your situation.

Why only travel in the summer??

PS. Turin is a wonderful city.... I think its great anyway, so much so I jus bought a flat there, not many places I have ever been would I consider buying property.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Well, I'm sure the management must know what it's doing. The fact is that we fans dont have the same information the club has, and they didnt just say "lets reduce capacity", they probably have done some studies and calculated that 38 000 would be the optimal capacity.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002

Your situation may change though.... in a few years you may have money to burn and decide to go... but not be able to due to this rather than your situation.

Why only travel in the summer??

PS. Turin is a wonderful city.... I think its great anyway, so much so I jus bought a flat there, not many places I have ever been would I consider buying property.
Nah, I was damn lucky to get even a job!;). Beside, I can't control my spending habit on little income that I have.

Well in Japan, there is no such concept like long Christmas or Easter holiday. This basically leave us with Golden Week, Obon, New Year, and Summer holidy as the major holiday, of which summer is the longest, and after all, you would like to stay in 30+C in concrete environment?;). More like time for cultural enlightment and refreshment.:). BTW, I would prefer to have my apartment in Tuscany.(Firenze was beautiful):p

G.O.A.T., I don't disagree that Juve management knows what their doing, which is probably profit. maximization. However, I kind of question their motive. More revenue=More rich people to visit. I feel certain fans who have supported and went to stadium throughout their lives might suffer backclash.

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by The_G_O_A_T ] ++
Well, I'm sure the management must know what it's doing. The fact is that we fans dont have the same information the club has, and they didnt just say "lets reduce capacity", they probably have done some studies and calculated that 38 000 would be the optimal capacity.
Im sorry thats rubbish.

The simple fact is that the club have decided to say a big fvck you to the fans in favour of corp boxes.
To give fans less seats than our average attendence is a joke

This is the same plan as mooted before with 55k seatinf, the only difference being they have cut the fans down and replaced them with even more corp boxes than originally planned.

And no.. corp boxes do not make a great deal of money, jus ask manu.Why do you think after a failed first couple of years after their redevelopment they have been gradually increasing the the seating capacity again.

Yes bxes are generally sold at the beginning of the season, but the facts are they are rarely used, often being jus empty wasted spaces jus there so a company can boast it owns a box at juve, or a 30 seater box has jus 2 wannabe gods taking it up.

Plus from a fans point of view... and anyone that has actually sat in corp boxes on a few occasions can testify to this... even if the box is full the majority are not even watching the bloody game.

Oh yeah... such a wonderful idea.

nina

Feb 18, 2001
I can assume that with less seats that will be offered the price of the season ticket will go up and we won't have soo many season ticket holders, which means that there will be still seats free for traveling fans :undecide: (If I'm not mistaken 40% of fans in Italy are Juve's and probably only 10% of that live in Torino or around it ... they will have to think of something to keep the other 30% happy). Besides, if you really try to get in you can get in. There's always someone who can get you in the stadium with the "my friend is out of town so he can't go to the game with his season ticket" and you usually pay less than the cheapest ticket for that game costs.

It will be unfair to the loyal fans though, that despite the "bad" conditions Delle Alpi offered and will be offering for at least some time they came and supported Juve. The financial conditions in Italy are not exactly rosy.

OP
LEC

LEC

Sep 6, 2002
  • Thread Starter #27
    what are you on about.... our average serie a attendence is allways roughly 40000

Averages for last few years ::

92/93 45868
    93/94 44520
    94/95 47866
    95/96 41946
    96/97 39271
    97/98 47347
    98/99 47164
    99/00 42229
    00/01 41273
    01/02 40687
    02/03 39771

Personally i have been to the delle alpi jus over 100 times in the past 9 years and am yet to go to a game with less than 20000 in attendence.
    Several games every season break the 60k barrier.

Theres a lot of people here who say they want to go to delle alpi at some point... well if you do this plan is not for you... with us averaging 33000 per season ticket sales over the last 10 years , the reduced capacity will mean the end to fans travelling from elsewhere.
    thanx, thats what i meant!:D

OP
    LEC

LEC

Sep 6, 2002
  • Thread Starter #28
    Obviously the capacity must decrease but in no way should it drop to 30k, the same plan could easily be implemented with a reduction to around 55k as was originally mooted.

This would be ideal.
    You also forget that with the new design there will be 200 corporate boxes which will be the best seasts in the house and as such the atmosphere will actually be worse with jus 30k fans.

With 55k, the atmosphere would be fantastic, the place would be packed virtually every game and everyone would be happy...

ps. when i was in tokyo for the intercontinental cup the fans were some of the best ive ever seen
    again, yap!:D

OP
    LEC

LEC

Sep 6, 2002
  • Thread Starter #29
    but are there any pics of the diffrent projects? i saw one time a pic, i dont know if it was that "mondo" shitie, but tell me please where i can see pics!!!

anyway here are some pics of our project in zurich...

bongo10

Jun 11, 2003
    i think that if people are closer to the pitch it would b more exciting for the players and the fans would really get involved into the game

i like they way San Siro is made

maxmc

Jul 27, 2002
    juve want to have a similiar stadium to the box-stadiums in england that don't have too much capacity, but where the fans are so close to the pitch that the atmosphere is amazing....

OP
    LEC

LEC

Sep 6, 2002
  • Thread Starter #35
    ++ [ originally posted by bongo10 ] ++
    i think that if people are closer to the pitch it would b more exciting for the players and the fans would really get involved into the game

i like they way San Siro is made
    yap sure, but not with 38`000. make 60`000 Juventus!

Juvefreak

Aug 25, 2002
    I agree with you guys!

I would like it to see a stadium like in England and Juve plans a stadium like this!

But the capacity have to be about 50.000, like in Manchester for example!

OP
    LEC

LEC

Sep 6, 2002
  • Thread Starter #37
    ++ [ originally posted by Juvefreak ] ++
    I agree with you guys!

I would like it to see a stadium like in England and Juve plans a stadium like this!

But the capacity have to be about 50.000, like in Manchester for example!
    stay by 60`000!:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)