Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
okay, let's talk facts.

in 2015/16, napoli were leading the table until mid february, then they lost to juve. anyone would expect a team in a similar position to triple their efforts, but they drew the two following league games against milan and fiorentina. during the same season, they lost to inda in the coppa. in the europa league, they were going very strong winning all group matches, but choked against villarreal in the first knockout round. i don't think either villarreal or inda had a better or deeper squad.

next season, they finished 3rd behind roma. do i need to add anything about resources, players or depth? their coppa exit was excusable against juve, as were their cl exit against real too.

and then sarri's best league season, when he became the tuz legend he is. in '17/18, they choked when it mattered the most: 0-3 against fiorentina, a draw against torino. they lost 5 points during these two games, and finished with 4 points behind us. their fate was in their own hands 4 rounds before the end of the scudetto race, and they simply blew it, against 9th placed fiorentina and 10th placed torino. not to mention their coppa exit against atalanta (big team, big resources!), their 3rd place in the cl behind shakhtar (6 points against city, donetsk and feyenoord, bravo!), or their embarrassing home defeat against leipzig in their el.

is it the money, the squad depth, the resources, or is it maurizio sarri not rotating his fucking squad and squeezing everything out of his preferred 12-14 players? fun fact: callejon was in the squad 50 times in '17/18, and played every single match. hamsik played 49 out of 50. koulibaly played 45 matches, and was never subbed. hysaj was fielded 47 times, and an experienced player like maggio barely played even against minnows. squad players like diawara, rog, tonelli, giak were also barely used.

i did the math for you: his favorite 14 players covered 91% of the playtime, and the rest, an other 9 players only got 9%. :numnum:
That lack of rotation is great point and not much faith in youngsters. Sarri will probably get Barzagli out of retirement.

We are about to sign young CBs. Our squad is in transition phase with guys like Ronaldo and Chiellini turning 35 during next season. We prob end up loaning Kean to Sassuolo cause Sarri isnt into youth developement.

People will miss the days of Allegri subs. Cause Sarri makes subs min 80. He can be incredible stubborn. But he has no track record. Its one thing being stubborn when you are a winner like Mourinho. Sarri is 60 and has nothing to show for. Media excuses are look he was a banker till 45 or smth.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Sarri fucked up with Napoli having to deal with one club and one better manager. He had a disastrous season with Chelsea having to deal with several better managers. Imagine how much he will fuck up having to deal with Conte, Ancelotti and probably Allegri.

Our squad is ageing and he wants Higgy back :howler:

Embrace mediocrity Sarri lovers, embrace it

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
okay, let's talk facts.

in 2015/16, napoli were leading the table until mid february, then they lost to juve. anyone would expect a team in a similar position to triple their efforts, but they drew the two following league games against milan and fiorentina. during the same season, they lost to inda in the coppa. in the europa league, they were going very strong winning all group matches, but choked against villarreal in the first knockout round. i don't think either villarreal or inda had a better or deeper squad.

next season, they finished 3rd behind roma. do i need to add anything about resources, players or depth? their coppa exit was excusable against juve, as were their cl exit against real too.

and then sarri's best league season, when he became the tuz legend he is. in '17/18, they choked when it mattered the most: 0-3 against fiorentina, a draw against torino. they lost 5 points during these two games, and finished with 4 points behind us. their fate was in their own hands 4 rounds before the end of the scudetto race, and they simply blew it, against 9th placed fiorentina and 10th placed torino. not to mention their coppa exit against atalanta (big team, big resources!), their 3rd place in the cl behind shakhtar (6 points against city, donetsk and feyenoord, bravo!), or their embarrassing home defeat against leipzig in their el.

is it the money, the squad depth, the resources, or is it maurizio sarri not rotating his fucking squad and squeezing everything out of his preferred 12-14 players? fun fact: callejon was in the squad 50 times in '17/18, and played every single match. hamsik played 49 out of 50. koulibaly played 45 matches, and was never subbed. hysaj was fielded 47 times, and an experienced player like maggio barely played even against minnows. squad players like diawara, rog, tonelli, giak were also barely used.

i did the math for you: his favorite 14 players covered 91% of the playtime, and the rest, an other 9 players only got 9%.
:numnum:
Think positive.

Think about the plusvalenza we can make by reducing the squad size.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
We didnt sign Ronaldo to win another scudetto. Sarri is hardly the first name for lets win CL. Also you and clearly juve management underestimate the time and work it takes for "Sarriball" to work. Some of our starters arent even suited to his style. Sarri wants to play with flair and we might sell Pjanic but extend Mandzu and Matuidi. Also his issues with Chelsea make you question if be can handle the dressing room. Ronaldo got Benitez a much more succesfull manager sacked at Real. If we dont start winning from day one regularly i can see things going tits up and this time there will be competition cause rivals are hiring top coaches. I doubt we walk the league when Conte goes to Inter and even now looks like Allegri back to Milan.
I don't want us to walk the league. Like I said, it got really boring. And I don't think we'll win the CL straight away with a new coach, no matter who it is. I don't want some inexperienced young Italian coach, because that might end up bad (boring football+lost scudetto). But I'd take anyone who'll offer some passion and different philosophy. The Juve philosophy wins scudetti, fails in Europe. I've "won" way too many scudetti as a Juve fan. I want the CL. Sarri probably won't win it. He might bring the needed changes so someone else could win it in the next 3-5 years.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
I don't want us to walk the league. Like I said, it got really boring. And I don't think we'll win the CL straight away with a new coach, no matter who it is. I don't want some inexperienced young Italian coach, because that might end up bad (boring football+lost scudetto). But I'd take anyone who'll offer some passion and different philosophy. The Juve philosophy wins scudetti, fails in Europe. I've "won" way too many scudetti as a Juve fan. I want the CL. Sarri probably won't win it. He might bring the needed changes so someone else could win it in the next 3-5 years.
You make it sound like no manager in history has won CL in his first season. Heck Zidane and Roberto Di Matteo won it taking the job in the middle of season.

This makes the signing of Ronaldo pointless then. By the time "Sarriball" works out Ronaldo is in MLS.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
He failed with Napoli because he had Juventus to beat.

Even Allegri lost the title to us while we had far weaker team back then.
Allegri also won a Scudetto at a big club before signing for us.

He failed at Napoli because he consistently used the same 12-13 players, didn’t change his tactics, had no plan B and instilled a whiner and loserish mentality in his team.

ColloRosso

Jul 16, 2018
Damn. Sarri's CV is just awful. 15 years in Serie D football, about 10 years in B. Serie A since 2014-15. Won nothing.

He also hasn't spent more than 3 seasons with the same club in his pretty long career..

That is the guy that some people try to compare with this guy :lol3:

Teams managed

2000 Benfica
2001–2002 União de Leiria
2002–2004 Porto
2004–2007 Chelsea
2008–2010 Inter Milan
2010–2013 Real Madrid
2013–2015 Chelsea
2016–2018 Manchester United

Honours
Manager
Porto

Chelsea

Inter Milan

Real Madrid

Manchester United

Individual

Others
Records
Guinness World Records
  • Most Points in a Premier League Season (95)
  • Youngest Manager to Reach 100 Champions League Games (49 years 12 days)
  • Most Games Unbeaten at Home in the Premier League (77)
  • Longest Football Unbeaten Home Run by a Manager (9 years)

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
You make it sound like no manager in history has won CL in his first season. Heck Zidane and Roberto Di Matteo won it taking the job in the middle of season.
I didn't say we won't win it. I said I don't think we will.
Lets call it an educated guess.

But if we do, it's gonna happen because we changed our playing style. And back to my main point, I want someone who will finally change our playing style. If Sarri won't be able to do that, then feck him too. I think he's gonna try, though, and that's why I'd take him.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Passion? Sarri is like the antithesis of passion. Different philosophy, sure, a career of losing is a very different philosophy.

And please. It’s not some philosophical thing, the lost CL finals. In the 80s and 90s we choked against inferior teams. But it was hardly due to philosophy.

Our last two lost CL finals were a result of coming up against superior teams. Simple as that. And still we pushed Barca to the limit. Madrid in Cardiff was just a disaster.

Jan 22, 2016
Also Sarri has no clue whatsoever how to manage a team fighting on more than one competition.

A disaster is a about to happen when we assign him. I can't tackle my feelings about this downgrade
Neither Allegri did before coming to us.
He lost the league to Conte while crying all season they had to play in 2 competition while Juve have only one competition to play for.

Worst case scenario for us would be what happend with Tuchel at Paris and Kovach at Bayern. One won a double in his first season and the other won the league.

People losing their shit because we somehow will lose the title with this star packed squad:panic:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 71)