Nationality Mixup (3 Viewers)

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Oh definitely, there is a very clear stereotype outside the country. :D

But it doesn't seem to work the other way around. There is no reason what so ever to assume that anybody random walking the streets in Holland is not Dutch. Because everybody could be. And usually, they are.
Well yes, but that's like saying the Dutch live in the Netherlands and the French live in France.

:lol: Indeed.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
Whatever you like.. French, American, German Irish (my accent, according to a cambridge bound companion of mine who could clearly use a course in general life 101 )

It took the cake though when I was once on the tram. It was about 5 in the morning, and we were coming home from a club. Now myself and my friends talk english on the tram, and this of course can awaken the old fire in some ignorant germans. So these two boys next to us, in retropsect probably on drugs, starting talking to us. Even though to my friends I was talking in my usual british accent, I started talking to them in a really fake american accent saying how im from " texas with money from daddy ". The assholes bought it. They began to command me of course to pull " our troops " out of iraq, ask whether im dem or reb, asking me if I was enjoying my freedom fries ( the french were not our allies ) and all the other dumb fuck stuff, which I responded equally as dumbfuck. My conclusion? Ignorant fuckers are fun to play with

For your enjoyment, my friend got a film camera and filmed it all, which he will one day soon put on youtube for all our viewing pleasure. :)

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Whatever you like.. French, American, German Irish (my accent, according to a cambridge bound companion of mine who could clearly use a course in general life 101 )

It took the cake though when I was once on the tram. It was about 5 in the morning, and we were coming home from a club. Now myself and my friends talk english on the tram, and this of course can awaken the old fire in some ignorant germans. So these two boys next to us, in retropsect probably on drugs, starting talking to us. Even though to my friends I was talking in my usual british accent, I started talking to them in a really fake american accent saying how im from " texas with money from daddy ". The assholes bought it. They began to command me of course to pull " our troops " out of iraq, ask whether im dem or reb, asking me if I was enjoying my freedom fries ( the french were not our allies ) and all the other dumb fuck stuff, which I responded equally as dumbfuck. My conclusion? Ignorant fuckers are fun to play with

For your enjoyment, my friend got a film camera and filmed it all, which he will one day soon put on youtube for all our viewing pleasure
. :)
Do it!

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
:howler:

Back home in Naija, we have 250 different ethnic nationalities, many with certain perceived characteristics. Back home even in my ancestral region, a lot of people on looking at me would say that I am either Yoruba, or Tivi, or Edo, or Ishan. Quite a few others on hearing my name assume that I am Hausa, or Kanuri.

It was only on one occasion that a random stranger correctly guessed that I'm Igbo.
Well you could have fooled me, Chxta. :p

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001

For your enjoyment, my friend got a film camera and filmed it all, which he will one day soon put on youtube for all our viewing pleasure. :)
Good story :D I love to use different accents and pretend I'm foreign myself.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
I've been mistaken for everything from Chilean, to all the Mediterranean ethnicities to Albanian and Bosnian, and all of the Middle East.

Basically all "light skinned, dark haired, round eyed" nations.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
go on holiday, people see the white body and just know i am scottish

could also be coz i am passed out,beer can in hand,pink nose,sitting in the midday sun

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

wow you turn into an Italian in Summer?
Something like that, I have a dark tan and in the summer it gets only darker so quite a few times chicks ask me if I'm Italian. :cool:
I wanna see that, post your pic Vlatko :D
:shifty:

I already posted mine somewhere, sometime, I don't think you did yours. :p

could also be coz i am passed out,beer can in hand,pink nose,sitting in the midday sun
:lol: I think that gives you out.

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
Something like that, I have a dark tan and in the summer it gets only darker so quite a few times chicks ask me if I'm Italian. :cool:
then after hearing your vioce they go running off :D

:shifty:

I already posted mine somewhere, sometime, I don't think you did yours. :p
i dont remember seeing your pic. Show the link pls

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)