Nationality debate (5 Viewers)

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
@rollie: camo/amauri are the same to me as rossi. Great players, disloyal. Amauri can catch a team and the first one that comes calling he is going to take. What is the point of a national team when players get to choose what country they get to play for? Instead of being honored to play, unlike rossi who said "it was just easier in europe" even though calling USA home. Like andybrushmyteeth in regards to camo, my mind is made up on the issue.

I wonder where the hypocrites are that cried when our great players abandoned us in calciopoli, leaving a team that is all dear to our hearts but when another player does the same to a team that is close to me and andy's heart we are constantly questioned because we see it differently. What canna and the other players did, in my opinion, is the same as rossi did. As andy says all to often....merchaneries, just looking out with what is best for them. How is the US supposed to improve when people take this option to play elsewhere? Same goes for all the other nations that had this issue. I'm open to anything or ideas you guys might have but I haven't heard anything yet to come close to persuading me otherwise.
Have you felt bad when Juve bought players from other clubs? Nedved, Baggio for eg? They were considered traitors too, so who is the real hypocrite in this situation?

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
@rollie: camo/amauri are the same to me as rossi. Great players, disloyal. Amauri can catch a team and the first one that comes calling he is going to take. What is the point of a national team when players get to choose what country they get to play for? Instead of being honored to play, unlike rossi who said "it was just easier in europe" even though calling USA home. Like andybrushmyteeth in regards to camo, my mind is made up on the issue.

I wonder where the hypocrites are that cried when our great players abandoned us in calciopoli, leaving a team that is all dear to our hearts but when another player does the same to a team that is close to me and andy's heart we are constantly questioned because we see it differently. What canna and the other players did, in my opinion, is the same as rossi did. As andy says all to often....merchaneries, just looking out with what is best for them. How is the US supposed to improve when people take this option to play elsewhere? Same goes for all the other nations that had this issue. I'm open to anything or ideas you guys might have but I haven't heard anything yet to come close to persuading me otherwise.
In my view Amauri is the most despicable example in this whole 'choosing your NT' situation. It's one thing to choose which one is best for your career, but he didn't even do that. It was like he was putting himself on ebay, "and now I will hear offers from interested parties". It went on for months :D

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
You know something Andy, its not as if he strung two football federations along, waiting for the 1st team to give him a call (Sound Familiar?? Amauri, Anyone??).

This was something that he wanted ever since he was young, I think he has stated that enough times for everyone to hear.

I got news for ya, pal. If I was good enough back when I was playing 25 years ago, I would have done the SAME EXACT THING that he did. He had the same dreams that I did growing up, and if I'm ever blessed with a son, and he can play a mean game of football, I would certainly support that choice, if he were ever lucky enough to have said choice.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
lol I was thinking that this whole time. Sergio must be feeling uncomfortable in this situation as an Italy supporter in the US :D

I'm not uncomfortable at all. I don't bullshit anybody. My feelings on this were known over 2 years ago.

What I don't like are players receiving citizenship SOLELY for the purpose of playing for a country. There are no historical, ethnical ties to that country. You are simply doing it solely for the purpose of playing for a national team.

There was a story about a female college basketball player who was granted russian citizenship by the sponsor of her professional club just so that she could play for Russia.

What kind of shit is that??

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
Can a new Rossi to Juve thread be started, please?

One which discusses Rossi's ability and the merits of a transfer, rather than his nationality.
As much as I would love a thread where people discuss solely his football skills and transfer rumours about him, I doubt it we'd manage to keep it on-topic, no matter what we do.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Guys this is trezeguet we are talking about.. I say Rossi + money = Trezeguet :D

But since we are the ones after Rossi then not more than a direct swap.

That is said, I would like Trezeguet to stay. We already have Giovinco and Diego. get a full back for crying out loud.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Have you felt bad when Juve bought players from other clubs? Nedved, Baggio for eg? They were considered traitors too, so who is the real hypocrite in this situation?
So if we brought thuram, ibra, viera, and zambrotta back with canna then you would be happy with that? You're missing my point completly.

@martin: I agree. My example is being able to just choose a country just doesn't make sense to me.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I'm not uncomfortable at all. I don't bullshit anybody. My feelings on this were known over 2 years ago.

What I don't like are players receiving citizenship SOLELY for the purpose of playing for a country. There are no historical, ethnical ties to that country. You are simply doing it solely for the purpose of playing for a national team.

There was a story about a female college basketball player who was granted russian citizenship by the sponsor of her professional club just so that she could play for Russia.

What kind of shit is that??
Free market ideals taken to their logical conclusion? No good? :D

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Free market ideals taken to their logical conclusion? No good? :D

that's one way of looking at it. Another way of looking at it was she simply wasn't good enough to play for the U.S., so she wanted to play for the Russian Olympic Team, despite the fact that she had no ties to that country whatsoever.

neurosis21

Jun 22, 2004
That's because people have nothing against traitors. Do you think anyone was mad when we took Baggio from Fiorentina? Or Buffon from Parma? Did Juve fans bash Buffon for leaving the club that made him what he is? Or even Nedved from Lazio?

No, because the only time people hate traitors is when they are the ones being betrayed.

Now that's a traitor.
ermm the were riots and protests in the streets of florence when juve bought baggio from fiorentina!!
so yes ppl were very angry for that

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Continue here about the Nationality debate. A Giuseppe Rossi thread will be opened next time a rumour comes around linking him to us again. No NT debates in that one or reds will come out. Thanks!

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
that's one way of looking at it. Another way of looking at it was she simply wasn't good enough to play for the U.S., so she wanted to play for the Russian Olympic Team, despite the fact that she had no ties to that country whatsoever.
Still economics. If you can't afford the top brand you buy a cheaper brand and that whole thing. Anyway, that was a joke.

I think Poland is up to two now, two players given citizenship purely to play in the national team. Without living in the country for more than a couple of years prior to that. It's too bad we couldn't get Rossi though, we had to settle for less.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
So if we brought thuram, ibra, viera, and zambrotta back with canna then you would be happy with that? You're missing my point completly.

@martin: I agree. My example is being able to just choose a country just doesn't make sense to me.
As Martin said, one gets angry only when someone betrays him, but when someone betrays for him, he sees no problem.

I wouldn't want Ibra, Veira not only for this reason. Zambrotta is a different case a bit. And I'm not angry about Canna, and if he manages at least half of his form he had it will be a good transfer for us.

And you can't know the whole reasons behind Cannavaro choices. He didn't went to our rivals as did Zambrotta did he?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)