Nationality debate (35 Viewers)

Mar 30, 2006
Still too much, Rossi isn't worth over €20m.

I thought I read (on here) that Villareal have money problems a few days back?
I think Rossi is definately worth 20 million given his age and skill. Especially considering the money being paid for players this summer.. you have to expect prices to be high.

He would be a good long term replacement when DP retires in a few years and is much more a Juve type player than Cassano is (Cassano is also older)

But I think one of Cassano or Rossi needs to be signed eventually.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Mar 30, 2006
Very much a similar move by Robert Pires (Arsenal/Villarreal), an old colleague of David in the NT. Doubtless he will have spoken to him.
ALso going to a team like that would make him their top player and he would be assured of a starting spot. But I still think there are better options for him available.. like it would be hard to turn down Man City's Millions, Real Madrids galacticos or even a competitive team like Roma who admire him so much and are in need of a true CF.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
People on here are hypocrites for supporting rossi but not those that left juve in Serie B
Not trying to start anything here, just curious about something Hustini..

Don't we already have a similar example amongst our own ranks? Why did Mauro pick Italy and not Argentina? Do you think he's a traitor? I really don't know much about the details; always thought it was a slightly similar situation to the one Amauri is in now (of course Camo has Italian heritage), in that he was waiting to be asked and Italy asked. So even though it's a little different in the specifics...

Should people who are pissed about the Rossi situation be considered hypocrites if/because they support Camo? Or does that go out the window, because Argentina wasn't quick enough on the draw? Is this really about ideals?

I guess that situation might be more similar to the Subotic situation? Where the US didn't move quickly enough, and he left?

In my opinion, people usually only really care about examples like this when it begins to effect them on some sort of personal level. Anyway, maybe this isn't a great example.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Not trying to start anything here, just curious about something Hustini..

Don't we already have a similar example amongst our own ranks? Why did Mauro pick Italy and not Argentina? Do you think he's a traitor? I really don't know much about the details; always thought it was a slightly similar situation to the one Amauri is in now (of course Camo has Italian heritage), in that he was waiting to be asked and Italy asked. So even though it's a little different in the specifics...

Should people who are pissed about the Rossi situation be considered hypocrites if/because they support Camo? Or does that go out the window, because Argentina wasn't quick enough on the draw? Is this really about ideals?

I guess that situation might be more similar to the Subotic situation? Where the US didn't move quickly enough, and he left?

In my opinion, people usually only really care about examples like this when it begins to effect them on some sort of personal level. Anyway, maybe this isn't a great example.
Camoranesi wasn't good enough to play for Argentina. Plain and simple.

At least that's my extremely anti-camo biased opinion on the situation

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
The problem is that any player + cash offer would involve a significant amount of money. So much so that I doubt we will be left with enough to sign a quality fb, let alone D'Agostino. We could afford him but it wouldn't be worth it if were left with shit at fb.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005

Even if you are anti-camo and hate his guts or whatever, you will agree that in his prime and on form, he can be a main man in any team in the world.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Even if you are anti-camo and hate his guts or whatever, you will agree that in his prime and on form, he can be a main man in any team in the world.

#1) Which he is not

#2) Which he hardly ever is

Sorry dude, no amount of reasoning with me is going to make me change my mind about him :D

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
You knew this was going to happen

Spanish Press blast Italy and Rossi Tuesday 16 June, 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In a quite sensational attack, Spanish newspaper AS has called Giuseppe Rossi 'a traitor' and believes Italy did not deserve to beat the USA.

The Azzurri won 3-1 after going behind late in the first half to a Landon Donovan penalty.

Rossi then came on and changed everything scoring Italy's first and third goal to secure victory.

The 22-year-old Villarreal striker was born in America and lived there until he was 14 when he moved to Italy.

“They play bad, they don't deserve it and they win. Where is the story?” AS wrote in vitriolic fashion.

They described the Azzurri's performance 'as pallid as the new official Italy shirt.'

Italy apparently won because they had 'other virtues' and practiced 'the other football.'

AS praised Rossi, saying: “Thanks to him, Italy played with 13 men.” However, they also called him 'a traitor' and 'the latest Italian trick.'

“Rossi was born in New Jersey, the son of Italian parents. He lived there for 14 years and he is now 22,” AS wrote.

“As a child, he played baseball. He is more American than any other thing.”

To finish, AS likened his goals to patricide, the act of killing one's father.
Couldn't agree more.

Great article. :tup:

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
#1) Which he is not

#2) Which he hardly ever is

Sorry dude, no amount of reasoning with me is going to make me change my mind about him :D
No problem.

Now i think i should have added injury free too :D

Anyway its too bad for Juve, that he is very injury prone, not on form and past his prime:frown:

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008

:lol:

Love the straight shootin', Sergio. That's a fair enough answer. Some would say that Amauri wasn't good enough to play for Brazil and (a little hockey reference, for those from NA) Brett Hull wasn't good enough to play for Canada.

There was certainly a time when all three of those statements were true... the Amauri situation is a little more grey, but I do think he is a class player who will explode with proper service. I think he should definitely have been picked over some of the Brazilian strikers in the past 1-2 years.

Still, I like people who stick by their guns. You'll likely only have to put up with Camo for another year... the guy is excellent when on form, but the constant injuries really take their toll. I guess time will tell.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
No problem.

Now i think i should have added injury free too :D

Anyway its too bad for Juve, that he is very injury prone, not on form and past his prime:frown:

Some of the main reasons for my dislike for him have little to do with on the field activities.

Put it this way, I saw something in person that he did which just lacked respect

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Could you elaborate, I would certainly like to know more about players who play for my favorite club.

Btw, I'm not a fan of his attitude too, but I love his magic which he performs on the pitch.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
It deals with rossi in a rossi thread coming to juve. Unless a mod tells me to drop (which I would) then no, as long as he has articles like that. I'm not questioning his ability or how much he would add to the team or anything like that, I am just against it. Yes he is great, but I don't respect him. How the hell can you play for one country completly unrelated to the one you call home? Ireland, scotland, wales, england are all part of the uk, but even that I wouldn't agree with. Sorry to piss anyone off or offend or to beat a dead horse and annoy 99.9percent of the forum.

If he comes I will always talk tactics etc with him in a juve jersey, but I will be bitter. Let's talk tactics to make all you happy:

With him I'd go with a 4231 with momo/marchisio in the 2, gio left, diego middle, and rossi on the right with amauri up top. Dp as a sub with camo. Both gio and rossi can cut in ala nedved, messi, ribery, etc. There....tactics for rossi in rossi transfer to juventus di torino thread.
The 'UK' doesn't exist for the purposes of football.

Each country has it's own FA and so have no more to do with each other than, say, Italy and America.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Could you elaborate, I would certainly like to know more about players who play for my favorite club.

Btw, I'm not a fan of his attitude too, but I love his magic which he performs on the pitch.
This must be a jarring memory for you, Serge :D

Put it this way. He flipped off Lippi behind his back during a training session when they were in the U.S.

I'm not even going to get into the fact that after training he angrily brushed off anyone who was trying to get an autograph and headed straight to the bus, while Del Piero, Davids, Trezeguet, Zambrotta, Pessotto, and Nedved (what a great guy, by the way. very nice man. spoke to me for a couple of minutes) were MORE THAN HAPPY to oblige with photos and autographs, knowing full well that this might be our only chance to ever see these guys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 35)