Nationality debate (66 Viewers)

May 4, 2004
I'v been in Denmark since i was 5.. Grow up here, finisht my education here, been in the army here, but still, I do not feel Danish.. And im not seen as a danish guy by the danish people here.. Will never be!.. I will alwayse be an immigrant in there eyes.. But thats fine, couse i feel 99% Albanian.. Will alwayse feel like that!.. No matter what..

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jun 13, 2007
I don't mention more than one country, but that's because people have a warped expectation of nationality. The most honest answer I can give is the one I wrote. Trying desperately to choose one over the other just doesn't reflect the reality.

lol, except that Hustini's claim that where you live determines who you are doesn't explain all cases and your claim that you are who your parents are doesn't either. You're both wrong. My explanation does explain all cases, namely that there are no definite rules about this and everyone has a different set of criteria, despite simpleminded notions of "Italian blood" and the like.
What different cases are you talking about?

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
What different cases are you talking about?
Hustini:

I said that there isn't anything wrong with keeping your cultural identity. That is exactly what my German father and Italian mother did for me. But, being born here first and foremost I am an American. The majority of my life has been surrounded by American culture, how am I equally the same as italian/german then? That does not make much sense, now parents keeping their cultural heritage strong yes, but their children are still American or whatever country they are born in.
Parents' nationality = kid's nationality -> refuted

But then Hustini's claim that Rossi must be American because he grew up in America I tried to refute in my discussion with him.

Jun 13, 2007
Hustini:

Parents' nationality = kid's nationality -> refuted

But then Hustini's claim that Rossi must be American because he grew up in America I tried to refute in my discussion with him.
Maybe, we are discussing a different concept here. If you are discussing what decides a person's home, then yes you are right, genetics does not offer an explanation. But if you are discussing what decides a person's heritage, race, nationality, then genetics have everything to do with it.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I'v been in Denmark since i was 5.. Grow up here, finisht my education here, been in the army here, but still, I do not feel Danish.. And im not seen as a danish guy by the danish people here.. Will never be!.. I will alwayse be an immigrant in there eyes.. But thats fine, couse i feel 99% Albanian.. Will alwayse feel like that!.. No matter what..
I see. All I am trying to do is understand the difference in opinions, that's all. Ze and Martin's background is different than mine, and yours. I spoke with people today that live here and have been here 10-16 years and all feel like they are purely from where they come. So its honestly to me a case by case scenario I suppose. My last example was extreme I know but it is seems challenging to draw a line that makes sense as there are always so many different examples.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Possible.

The BBC coverage mentioned that Man Utd had a buy back clause, but they may be wrong.
Think they're right, i remember hearing about that clause when united sold him to villareal and ferguson said something like Rossi was one of the most gifted goal-scorers that he'd seen or something like that so he just don't want to part with him permenantly......

I really don't think that we have a chance neither this summer or even in the future, i can see united going back for him instead of Tevez.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
Think they're right, i remember hearing about that clause when united sold him to villareal and ferguson said something like Rossi was one of the most gifted goal-scorers that he'd seen or something like that so he just don't want to part with him permenantly......

I really don't think that we have a chance neither this summer or even in the future, i can see united going back for him instead of Tevez.
I really really hope it's not true or nevermind what,but just not Man.utd.
Just hate them,and would really hate to see him join them again.

Plz Secco do the job,exchange player+cash for him.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Maybe, we are discussing a different concept here. If you are discussing what decides a person's home, then yes you are right, genetics does not offer an explanation. But if you are discussing what decides a person's heritage, race, nationality, then genetics have everything to do with it.
So if I moved to Lebanon today and 5 generations later my heirs would still be Polish because of "genetics"? Even though let's say they didn't even know where their ancestors were originally from and thought their family history had always been Lebanese?

What if an Italian marries a German? What's the nationality of the kid then? Remember, you can only pick one.

It's trivial to dismiss this genetics logic.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006

Man Utd definitely had a buy back clause.

We aren't sure if that clause has expired now, though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 66)