Nationality debate (20 Viewers)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
At his rate of improvement, however, what are we talking about as far as a potential fee??

If they are going to do this,they need to do it now.

Before somebody tells Perez over in Madrid what just happened today
Im afraid Milan or Inter might go for him already this summer!..
That sounds like rampant complacency, with respect.

The more plausible reason for Rossi not becoming a Juve player is likely to the the parsimoniousness of our negotiators.
Man Utd have a buy back clause of around 16-18m, so any fee will be at least that.

We can't afford Rossi right now, so the best we can do is try to reserve him for next summer.

If one of you gents wants to pull 20-25m out of your ass and give it to Secco, be my guest.

Fullbacks, a playmaker and maybe a CB, are all bigger priorities right now.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I hope this guy has a career-ending injury right before he joins Juventus, if it comes down to that.

Even if we pay 25 mil for him, I'd wish the same thing.

Trezegol17

Nov 1, 2006
He looked great tonight! His first goal was wonderfull, still i think we should invest more in our defense then in attacking,he would be a great player for the future tho!

Jun 13, 2007
It's hardly rotting to be playing for one of the best teams in Spain.

Villareal are a good team by European standard, certainly not one of the best teams. I think Rossi should be playing at a better club competing for first or second place instead of a team competing for a UEFA cup spot. I like Villareal, they are probably my favourite Spanish team but they aren't exactly top class.

lol good post but back ass wrong conclusion. genetics my ass :D
Care to elaborate sir..

Edit: Nevermind.

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
u guys actin' like we don't have this kind of talent who strugles to start (Giovinco) NOW all of u want Rossi here to fight with him for his place..... don't get me wrong am a big fan of Rossi... but with Del piero and Giovinco i think we are set.. no more for NOW

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
So if ones parents are on vacation from canada and have child while on vacation in vietnam but the parents from canada has one set of parents (mother) from france and the other (father) from finland that were dispersed with their greatgrand parents from italy during WWI. "genetically" he comes from italian ancestory so does that give him the right to play for italy if he becomes a pro? Or should he play for canada, france, finland or vietnam? How is the line drawn then? Especially through years of family lineage relocating? Its not like rossi was born on a vacation here, he lived here, grew up some time here and went to school here didn't he?

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
u guys actin' like we don't have this kind of talent who strugles to start (Giovinco) NOW all of u want Rossi here to fight with him for his place..... don't get me wrong am a big fan of Rossi... but with Del piero and Giovinco i think we are set.. no more for NOW
For me, I want to see Rossi, Giovinco and Diego playing together!

Jun 13, 2007
I take it you see nationality as a question with a single answer. In my view that's not how it works at all. The way I feel about it is that I feel different degrees of "being at home" in different countries. I'm at home both in Poland and in Norway. But in different ways. Norway is my home, the place I've lived most of my life. It's normal for me to think about it as my place of residence. Poland is a place I know on many levels, in some ways I know it better than Norway, but not really in terms of residence.

And it doesn't stop there. I've only been in Holland for a few years, but if I were to stay here another 20 years I would effectively gain another nationality equal to the first two.

Btw, this is something that people without immigrant experience can nehever grasp in my experience. They just keep stubbornly insisting that they know otherwise, without ever experiencing it.

Talk to Ze about this. He's lived in many countries and he has relationships with many of them.
When someone asks you where you are from, would you honestly give him a list of all the countries you feel at home with? All though it's a nice way of putting it, it's not exactly compatible with reality Martin. I feel at home in Abu Dhabi, I spent my childhood there but I'm Lebanese. My entire family is Lebanese and whether I like it or not, I will always be Lebanese.

I think genetics is easilly the biggest factor(in the real world). Nationality is one of the few things you don't choose in life.

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
For me, I want to see Rossi, Giovinco and Diego playing together!
me too but a lot of Juve fans will go to kill someone if Del piero isn't a starter.. i realy would like to build a team for the future and it will be so good to have this 3 players as our future...... IDK how Ciro will act with DP bout his place with the team... still every thing depends on Del piero....

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
I take it you see nationality as a question with a single answer. In my view that's not how it works at all. The way I feel about it is that I feel different degrees of "being at home" in different countries. I'm at home both in Poland and in Norway. But in different ways. Norway is my home, the place I've lived most of my life. It's normal for me to think about it as my place of residence. Poland is a place I know on many levels, in some ways I know it better than Norway, but not really in terms of residence.

And it doesn't stop there. I've only been in Holland for a few years, but if I were to stay here another 20 years I would effectively gain another nationality equal to the first two.

Btw, this is something that people without immigrant experience can nehever grasp in my experience. They just keep stubbornly insisting that they know otherwise, without ever experiencing it.

Talk to Ze about this. He's lived in many countries and he has relationships with many of them.
Quiet right :tup: Substitute Norway with Sweden & Poland with Pakistan and that's exactly my situation.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
When someone asks you where you are from, would you honestly give him a list of all the countries you feel at home with? All though it's a nice way of putting it, it's not exactly compatible with reality Martin.
I don't mention more than one country, but that's because people have a warped expectation of nationality. The most honest answer I can give is the one I wrote. Trying desperately to choose one over the other just doesn't reflect the reality.

I feel at home in Abu Dhabi, I spent my childhood there but I'm Lebanese. My entire family is Lebanese and whether I like it or not, I will always be Lebanese.

I think genetics is easilly the biggest factor(in the real world). Nationality is one of the few things you don't choose in life.
lol, except that Hustini's claim that where you live determines who you are doesn't explain all cases and your claim that you are who your parents are doesn't either. You're both wrong. My explanation does explain all cases, namely that there are no definite rules about this and everyone has a different set of criteria, despite simpleminded notions of "Italian blood" and the like.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)