Nationality debate (25 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
@iceman: a person born and raised in korea is korean, not american. You are where you where you born. You can have all the cultural heritage you parents could possibly give you, but you are where you were born before anything else. For example, parents relocate to other countries so their children can be born in the country they move too so they won't have the problems the parents had in "their" respective home countries.

@martin: where do you draw the line to say that you are both? I have a friend that was born in germany, but studied in the USA for years, learned english here, american customs/music, etc, studies at an american university, he travels here even with his german parents yearly. So how can he possibly claim he is "german american" then? Some people here claim that by home tradition, and correct me if I am misinterpreting your comments, but that clasifies you as a double nationality? This friend pretty much did everything here including soccer and work, but he is still german in my opinion because that is where he was born.

@kosova: you know the point I was trying to make. You can't turn yourself into something you already aren't. You can't be born in two different countries. Naturalization through the system is different than being born in the country.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
@martin: where do you draw the line to say that you are both? I have a friend that was born in germany, but studied in the USA for years, learned english here, american customs/music, etc, studies at an american university, he travels here even with his german parents yearly. So how can he possibly claim he is "german american" then? Some people here claim that by home tradition, and correct me if I am misinterpreting your comments, but that clasifies you as a double nationality? This friend pretty much did everything here including soccer and work, but he is still german in my opinion because that is where he was born.
I take it you see nationality as a question with a single answer. In my view that's not how it works at all. The way I feel about it is that I feel different degrees of "being at home" in different countries. I'm at home both in Poland and in Norway. But in different ways. Norway is my home, the place I've lived most of my life. It's normal for me to think about it as my place of residence. Poland is a place I know on many levels, in some ways I know it better than Norway, but not really in terms of residence.

And it doesn't stop there. I've only been in Holland for a few years, but if I were to stay here another 20 years I would effectively gain another nationality equal to the first two.

Btw, this is something that people without immigrant experience can nehever grasp in my experience. They just keep stubbornly insisting that they know otherwise, without ever experiencing it.

Talk to Ze about this. He's lived in many countries and he has relationships with many of them.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Bottom line, I love all you guys...even if you disagree and think I'm an idiot. I feel what I feel on the matter just as you do, we are all different in our own rights. I'd love to keep the debate going, I gotta get back to work.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I take it you see nationality as a question with a single answer. In my view that's not how it works at all. The way I feel about it is that I feel different degrees of "being at home" in different countries. I'm at home both in Poland and in Norway. But in different ways. Norway is my home, the place I've lived most of my life. It's normal for me to think about it as my place of residence. Poland is a place I know on many levels, in some ways I know it better than Norway, but not really in terms of residence.

And it doesn't stop there. I've only been in Holland for a few years, but if I were to stay here another 20 years I would effectively gain another nationality equal to the first two.

Btw, this is something that people without immigrant experience can nehever grasp in my experience. They just keep stubbornly insisting that they know otherwise, without ever experiencing it.

Talk to Ze about this. He's lived in many countries and he has relationships with many of them.
Ugh, martin...I have live in europe off and on my whole life. Worked, paid taxes, bills, played soceer, lived the life, culture, etc. I'm not being stubborn. I just look at cultural identity differently than you. I just asked a bunch of people I work with from different countries and they claim to be the nation of their birth right before anything else. Its your opinion, its mine, and its theirs. All different. The question of rossi to juve has nothing to do with any of this for me, its about the system he used here for a country that is trying to catch up to all the countries you guys are from. You could say US soccer is behind, but they do put up a fight on the national level.

Juve Libnan

Jun 20, 2007
I want to read BrushYourTeeths comments now :snoop:
for real..

i hope he breaks a leg that idiot was saying!!!

where u hiding now?????

ROSSI!!!!!!!!!!i told u brushurteeth yday id love to see rossi score just to shut u up and guess what he scored tiwce

LOSER!!!!!!!!!!!!!i guess ur crying in some corner arent you!!

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
It would be pretty nice to get him. I'm not saying that because of this game though. In my opinion this is mere confirmation of what we already knew: Rossi can be of use to any team out there.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
for real..

i hope he breaks a leg that idiot was saying!!!

where u hiding now?????

ROSSI!!!!!!!!!!i told u brushurteeth yday id love to see rossi score just to shut u up and guess what he scored tiwce

LOSER!!!!!!!!!!!!!i guess ur crying in some corner arent you!!
Andy doesn't hide, you should know that. :andy:

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005
Do you all not think that Lippi should speak immediately to Ferrara and demand that we push the boat out and get this player in a black and white shirt as soon as humanly possible.

The guy made a fantastic impact tonight. He made Gilardino look one paced and clueless.

Sadly, Alex Ferguson included a buy back clause when he was sold to Villarreal.

So it looks bleak that it would happen.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Do you all not think that Lippi should speak immediately to Ferrara and demand that we push the boat out and get this player in a black and white shirt as soon as humanly possible.

The guy made a fantastic impact tonight. He made Gilardino look one paced and clueless.

Sadly, Alex Ferguson included a buy back clause when he was sold to Villarreal.

So it looks bleak that it would happen.
but rossi might not want to go back to manchester if an italian team comes in for him

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Maybe he jumped out a window? :angel:

Maybe Rossi was reading this board and BrushYourTeeth gave him all the motivation he needed. :lol: I can't wait to see this guy moan about how today is a dark day in footie.

FORZA ROSSI!!! He must become a Juventino.
I've been saying this for the last two years now

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)