• Sandro

Results are only viewable after voting.
OP
Marc

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
  • Thread Starter #62
    I voted Buffon. But I think conte being with italy and not with us is the real MVP.
    In all honesty I really think there should be a conte option. After all we are here because of him.

because he left us.
    Not a fan of Conte? What do you think how will he do at Chelsea?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    Evra's off field leadership was huge, he was, along with Buffon, who really stood up during that difficult period.
    For obvious reasons I vote Marchisio (the statistics speak for themselves in this case), but you're right. Evra was hugely important for us.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
    Jun 1, 2012
    he only played half a season
    2 months of bad form =/= half a season.

- - - Updated - - -

Khedira played vs Bologna (win), Inter (draw), Atalanta (win) before missing the Sassuolo game (loss). he also played vs Torino after that btw
    He just wants to sound different for the sake of it.We're unbeaten with Khedira on the pitch even in CL yet I can hardly call him a clear MVP as there were others imo who were more decisive.
    Marchisio has been the epitome of consistency for the last few yrs however there just have happened to be others who have influenced games more than him and that is what being an MVP is all about.
    It's like calling Busquets the MVP of Barca when their other players influence games much more than him.And both Marchisio and Busquets have similar roles.
    Marchisio is a key element in our midfield but trying to suggest that his return alone solely is what triggered our comeback is bs.
    Buffon for example kept mentioning how Evra's leadership in the locker room had on influence on our season hugely as mentioned by others.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
    May 23, 2011
    Dybala, then Pogba.

The guy who scored some of the most important goals (vs Milan, Fiorentina, Lazio, Roma, Bayern) this year has to be there. And in addition he provided bucketload of assists.

The most prolific player and 2nd (behind Pogs) when it comes to assists. What a first season. :delpiero:

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
    Mar 13, 2011
    Buffon has been our best player this season.

Dybala was brilliant too. Loved how he shone in the chances he was given at the start of the year, and continues to do the same when he starts. Bonucci of course was an absolute rock in the heart of our defense and deserves a mention. As mentioned above Evra's leadership was key to this scudetto. A shame he'll not be with us for too much longer.

Among the rest Cuadrado had his moments both good and bad, but when the team as a unit was falling apart his individual skills stood out, especially near the beginning of the season. Alex Sandro was of course excellent and has secured his place as a starter. Barzagli resumed business as usual and like Evra I'll be sad to see him go probably after next year.

As for Pogba I really wasn't impressed with him at the start of the year. The whole +5 thing really fucked me off. If he wasn't capable of carrying the team as our number 10 he shouldn't have accepted the shirt. However during the second half he FINALLY became the player we all knew he could be. If he starts next year as he's finishing this one we will have probably the best CM in the world running our game.

My beloved Lichtsteiner took a lot of criticism at the start of the season for his apparent laziness and loss of pace but that turned out to be a heart problem. After his operation he came back looking like his old self. He's been the same player for 5 years and that is special. Mandzukic did what we expected to do but was hampered by injuries. I expect him to be even more dangerous next year if he can stay on the pitch and our of the physio room.

Oh and Marchisio was the invisible hand pulling the strings in our team. He is crucial to our setup and I hope he isn't too badly damaged by his injury.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
    2 months of bad form =/= half a season.

- - - Updated - - -

He just wants to sound different for the sake of it.We're unbeaten with Khedira on the pitch even in CL yet I can hardly call him a clear MVP as there were others imo who were more decisive.
    Marchisio has been the epitome of consistency for the last few yrs however there just have happened to be others who have influenced games more than him and that is what being an MVP is all about.
    It's like calling Busquets the MVP of Barca when their other players influence games much more than him.And both Marchisio and Busquets have similar roles.
    Marchisio is a key element in our midfield but trying to suggest that his return alone solely is what triggered our comeback is bs.
    Buffon for example kept mentioning how Evra's leadership in the locker room had on influence on our season hugely as mentioned by others.
    I dont do this for the sake of saying something different. I just think its insulting how people miss out on that. EVERYONE here was praising Marchisio's return and crapping down on Pogba when he wasent anywere before 1 game in november and 2 in december (thats 4 months, not 2)

Really, all the hate towards Pogba. I've said back then he'd come back and be excellent. Right now, people offcourse only remember that he indeed did that, and forgot about the start.
    Current Pogba, he started playing like that end january or so. Not before, save 3 games, widely spread.
    Pogba has to be the MVP and leader next year, but if this team would have performed according to Pogba's playing quality, we wouldnt be where we are now.

Its so annoying man. All the excessive trashing he got back then, and now praise like it was nothing.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
    We were $#@! untill Marchisio came back. And as i've said back then, offcourse every peasant will have forgotten it by now.
    Pogba ? Was absolute $#@! for most of the first period. He has significantly improved in the second part. Since the average poster has a shorter memory then a fish, they all forgot about it.

Marchisio has been our most consistantly good player, that market the return to winning. He's the clear MVP

- - - Updated - - -

For example, this guy

- - - Updated - - -

Without Marchisio : 14th in the league
    When he returned : 23 games won out of 24
    :lol:

Where do i say even close to the fact that Marchisio wasn't a key player for us?

All I said was that Pogba and Dybala were incredible. Pogba had a goal/assist in each of last 7 games at the crucial part of the season. Dybala is our top scorer, was one of the few that performed in the bad period.

I'm a huge fan of Marchisio and Khedira and what they brought to the team, and our records with/without them prove that. But Pogba and Dybala had that bit extra this season.

Jun 6, 2015
    Marchisio was our most valuable player this season. Without him coming back in time to turn things around we wouldn't have won the Scudetto I'm quite sure of that.

Without Dybala we can manage as we have good cover. Without Pogba we can manage in the defensive side of the game and build up game but lack a lot going forward. Buffon you can't replace but I think Neto could do decent job. Without Marchisio we are out of sorts, just look at the 106 minutes without him after his injury we've been woeful in possession.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
    Jun 1, 2012
    Dybala was the best outfield player this season in my opinion.
    We went through long stretches of the season without scoring much goals and those goals would usually come from Dybala even in our roughest period of the season when other strikers were out of form.
    As good as other players have been,the decisive edge has usually come from Dybala and then later on in the season,Pogba.
    As a new signing,at 22 yrs old,to come in and carry our attack like this is phenomenal stuff.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    Marchisio was our most valuable player this season. Without him coming back in time to turn things around we wouldn't have won the Scudetto I'm quite sure of that.

Without Dybala we can manage as we have good cover.
    :howler:

Marchisio is key because he is smart good DM that organises the midfield. But the reason he is key is not just quality but the fact our squad is flawed, we had no one that could play his role well when unavailable. While Dybala is part of a well covered attack but he has still been HUGE for us, more then others, scored vs against all big opponents, saved us on weekly basis for months, scored 20 goals and 9 assists, thats ridicolous impact for a debutant in the big leagues. A quality DM isnt more of an MVP just because we are flawed in holding mid depth.

FFS it should be dead clear the best outfield player was Dybala, then comes Pogba with ridicolous 10 goals and 11 assists while doing tons of work in overall carrying us 2nd half of the season.

Dont take this as a diss for Marchisio, I used to watch frigging Azzurrini and Empoli games regurarly for him. But being important quality player for us doesnt mean he is our best player for the season. Thats what MVP is.

Jun 6, 2015
    :howler:

Marchisio is key because he is smart good DM that organises the midfield. But the reason he is key is not just quality but the fact our squad is flawed, we had no one that could play his role well when unavailable. While Dybala is part of a well covered attack but he has still been HUGE for us, more then others, scored vs against all big opponents, saved us on weekly basis for months, scored 20 goals and 9 assists, thats ridicolous impact for a debutant in the big leagues. A quality DM isnt more of an MVP just because we are flawed in holding mid depth.

FFS it should be dead clear the best outfield player was Dybala, then comes Pogba with ridicolous 10 goals and 11 assists while doing tons of work in overall carrying us 2nd half of the season.

Dont take this as a diss for Marchisio, I used to watch frigging Azzurrini and Empoli games regurarly for him. But being important quality player for us doesnt mean he is our best player for the season. Thats what MVP is.
    We are all allowed to have our opinion so I'm not taking it as a diss to Marchisio at all and you do raise some good points.

For me however MVP means the player who has the biggest impact on the team performance and who is irreplaceable and for me that player is Marchisio.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
    Jul 13, 2013
    It really comes down what you value more, and how you define the term MVP you're basically arguing past each other right now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)