Mutu to Livorno (please no panic) (1 Viewer)

Stephañho!

Aug 1, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Maresca78 ] ++
I think that moggi and the juve staff checked only today, that Mutu is not allowed to be a juve player.. they wanted to present him to the prese today, but then they just canceld the Presentation..
Yes, a press conference was due later on today. Logic says that it obviously isn't to be anymore given that the recent evolution of the situation doesn't seem calculated. I cannot conceive that the lawyers of Juventus omitted to take into consideration as elementary a rule as the one that makes Mutu's inscription problematic when they examined the possibly of acquiring Mutu in the first place.

So let's get this straight. What rule do we break? The one that commands a limited number of non-UE players, a number which varies in each league? Or what Archaon mentioned, the one that the FIGC implemented after the WC2002 in order to supposedly protect Italy's cultural exception and which forbids Italian outfits to sign more than one non-UE player every season? Or perhaps both?

Alos, whom is he gonna train with?

Someone knows?

Buy on AliExpress.com

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stephañho! ] ++

Yes, a press conference was due later on today. Logic says that it obviously isn't to be anymore given that the recent evolution of the situation doesn't seem calculated. I cannot conceive that the lawyers of Juventus omitted to take into consideration as elementary a rule as the one that makes Mutu's inscription problematic when they examined the possibly of acquiring Mutu in the first place.

So let's get this straight. What rule do we break? The one that commands a limited number of non-UE players, a number which varies in each league? Or what Archaon mentioned, the one that the FIGC implemented after the WC2002 in order to supposedly protect Italy's cultural exception and which forbids Italian outfits to sign more than one non-UE player every season? Or perhaps both?

Alos, whom is he gonna train with?

Someone knows?

OK, so according to my understanding, the rule we are up against is the one that states that there can be no more than 9 non-EU players in the whole squad, which includes reserves and young players like benjamin Onwouchi (sorry for the spelling) etc. As far as I know, the 1 non-eu transfer per season is no longer in affect. But all of this I am not 100% sure yet, so if someone knows better please elaborate.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by - vOnAm - ] ++

OK, so according to my understanding, the rule we are up against is the one that states that there can be no more than 9 non-EU players in the whole squad, which includes reserves and young players like benjamin Onwouchi (sorry for the spelling) etc. As far as I know, the 1 non-eu transfer per season is no longer in affect. But all of this I am not 100% sure yet, so if someone knows better please elaborate.
You've been playing too much FM. ;)

AFAIK, the limit is different for all the clubs, and basically says that you cant have a number of non EU players greater than in the moment the rule came to effect. basically, that means that you have to sell a non eu player before you can buy one. Also, I believe this rule isnt valid in case of domestic non eu players, meaning non eu players that already play in Italy.

That's what I believe is true, but dont take my word for it, it is all very blurry and complicated.

Anyways, no, Romania is not a part of the EU, and neither are Norway or Switzerland.

Anyways, before rumours start flying, let me just say that Zalayeta and Montero have Spanish passports, so they are counted as EU players. The Non EU players that I can think of in our first team are Appiah, Olivera and Tudor. I'm not sure about Nedved, there was some talk that Czech players will be regarded as Non EU players until 2006, but I'm not sure if that is true or not.

As far as loaned out players are concerned, I believe Salas and Benjamin are Non EU, as well as Boudianski (he's Ukranian I believe). There are probably more but I cant currently think of them.

So, the best option would probably be to get rid of Salas.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++

It takes one to spot one :LOL:

Selling salas would definately b good, but nobody wants to buy with his rediciluosly high wages, he's enjoying life right now, My number 1 enemy, damn Salas!

Stephañho!

Aug 1, 2002

AFAIK, the limit is different for all the clubs, and basically says that you cant have a number of non EU players greater than in the moment the rule came to effect. basically, that means that you have to sell a non eu player before you can buy one. Also, I believe this rule isnt valid in case of domestic non eu players, meaning non eu players that already play in Italy.

That's what I believe is true, but dont take my word for it, it is all very blurry and complicated.

Anyways, no, Romania is not a part of the EU, and neither are Norway or Switzerland.

Anyways, before rumours start flying, let me just say that Zalayeta and Montero have Spanish passports, so they are counted as EU players. The Non EU players that I can think of in our first team are Appiah, Olivera and Tudor. I'm not sure about Nedved, there was some talk that Czech players will be regarded as Non EU players until 2006, but I'm not sure if that is true or not.

As far as loaned out players are concerned, I believe Salas and Benjamin are Non EU, as well as Boudianski (he's Ukranian I believe). There are probably more but I cant currently think of them.

So, the best option would probably be to get rid of Salas.
Salas has a Greek passport, believe it or not. ;) Even if had no EU passport, he is currently not blocking any non-EU spot since he is on loan. And I believe the contract he has with us is up in June anyway.

Wasn't Boudianski's contract terminated? Unless a Work Court broke this decision, he is not a Juventus player anymore.

delbecko

Feb 6, 2004
hi together

i'm form switzerland and it is correct that we aren't a part of the EU.

Don't ask me why !! I think people here are afraid, but there are no reason for that !

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Who couldn't have known. Thanks for the update, Geof! You don't happen to know what could have compelled them to join after all these years, do you?

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Stephañho! ] ++

Salas has a Greek passport, believe it or not. ;) Even if had no EU passport, he is currently not blocking any non-EU spot since he is on loan. And I believe the contract he has with us is up in June anyway.

Wasn't Boudianski's contract terminated? Unless a Work Court broke this decision, he is not a Juventus player anymore.
Are you sure, because when we were supposed to buy Grygera two years ago the deal fell through because we couldnt permanently get rid of Salas. Ad yes, a non EU player stays on your books when he is on loan. YOu can free up a space only when you permanently sell him.

And his contract is up in june... of 2006 :wallbang:

Didnt know that about Victor.

Stephañho!

Aug 1, 2002
Ad yes, a non EU player stays on your books when he is on loan. YOu can free up a space only when you permanently sell him.
Are you sure? That seems odd to me. What was the big fuss about then when Barcelona loaned out extracommunautary players because they had one too many in their roster - Saviola, Ronaldinho, Rüstü, Marquez and Riquelme?

I checked the expiration date of Salas' contract and you were right.

Regarding his passport, I don't think I'm making things up but I wouldn't gamble my hand on it either.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Livorno solve Mutu loophole Wednesday 19 January, 2005

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adrian Mutu has been registered with Livorno to bypass the limits set on non-EC players, as the Tuscans explain this “favour” to Juventus.

“Our President simply decided to do Juve a favour,” revealed director Elio Signorelli. “It is possible we will receive some players in exchange, but we haven’t discussed it yet.”

The Romanian was a free agent after he was fired from Chelsea for failing a drugs test, but was unable to register for the Bianconeri and today’s planned press conference was cancelled due to “bureaucratic problems.”

New regulations state that a Serie A club cannot sign a fifth non-EC player unless he was already plying his trade in Italy that season.

Livorno have not reached their quota yet, so they were able to register Mutu and will then sell him on to Juventus.

“This is hardly a crazy manoeuvre,” said agent Claudio Pasqualin. “It is a perfectly normal procedure that does not violate any existing rules. Livorno will receive a player in exchange and nothing more.”

It’s already reported that the Amaranto will be handed promising youngster David Chiumiento, currently on loan at Siena, at the end of the season.

The impasse with Chelsea is still far from resolved, however, as the Stamford Bridge side is looking for compensation for breach of contract.

“The London club has certainly been left out of pocket by this whole incident,” added Pasqualin. “I expect a long and difficult legal battle between Chelsea and Mutu.”

source: channel4.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)