Mutu to Livorno (please no panic) (1 Viewer)

Geof

May 14, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
Who couldn't have known. Thanks for the update, Geof! You don't happen to know what could have compelled them to join after all these years, do you?
No, not really. I guess they decided joining the UN didn't jeopardize their neutral position. After all, almost every country on earth is a member of the UN. I mean, the US and Iran, Iraq, Syria, or North Korea are all part of it, so it's not really like choosing a side.

On the other hand, being a member of the EU or the NATO would force Switzerland to change almost their whole system.

But, ....... I forgot: what has Mutu to do with that?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Stephañho! ] ++

Are you sure? That seems odd to me. What was the big fuss about then when Barcelona loaned out extracommunautary players because they had one too many in their roster - Saviola, Ronaldinho, Rüstü, Marquez and Riquelme?

I checked the expiration date of Salas' contract and you were right.

Regarding his passport, I don't think I'm making things up but I wouldn't gamble my hand on it either.
I believe so. I mean, say we buy a player and have filled our quta and Salas' loan deal expires. They cant stop him coming back to the club, can they?

Anyways, I'm pretty sure the rules are different from Spain. In Spain you cant play more than 3 non EU players in a game, right?

dreamer

Aug 7, 2003
ialso dun understand...any1 can explain to me?

=================================
Livorno swoop for Mutu

Livorno president Aldo Spinelli has admitted former Chelsea striker Adrian Mutu will join the club when his suspension for a drug offence is completed after Juventus ran into problems over his transfer.

Since Juve have filled all of their non-EU places for this season, Mutu has been forced to register with Livorno who will in turn loan the Romanian international back to their counterparts until they open up a spot for him in the squad.

“It’s just a favour we made to Juventus, and as an exchange at the end of the season they will give us a few of their young players,” Spinelli told Gazzetta dello Sport.

“We sat round a table and whilst Mutu was signing for Livorno and became our player, we were signing his transfer to Juventus.”

“Now it’s up to (Luciano) Moggi, when they have overcome the transfer problem that was blocking him they will register our agreement, everything will be complete in two weeks.”

http://www.worldfootballers.com/news.php?id=1666

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Geof ] ++
No, not really. I guess they decided joining the UN didn't jeopardize their neutral position. After all, almost every country on earth is a member of the UN. I mean, the US and Iran, Iraq, Syria, or North Korea are all part of it, so it's not really like choosing a side.

On the other hand, being a member of the EU or the NATO would force Switzerland to change almost their whole system.
I remember they have been 'trial members' for a while before they officially joined the UN. Basically they just sat there, watching how it worked and judging if this was something they wanted to get involved in.

'parently it was :D

Stephañho!

Aug 1, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++

I believe so. I mean, say we buy a player and have filled our quta and Salas' loan deal expires. They cant stop him coming back to the club, can they?

Anyways, I'm pretty sure the rules are different from Spain. In Spain you cant play more than 3 non EU players in a game, right?
You can't put more than 3 extracommunautary players on the match list, that's right. That's why it was decided to give Riquelme to Villareal. But there still was one too many so Rijkaard had to send Rustu, Saviola and Marquez alternatively sit in the tribunes.

Regarding Salas. The league cannot stop him coming back, leaviung us with a problem. OUR problem. Making a choice when registering the players.

Mutu

Jan 15, 2005
Ok so Mutu is officially a Livorno player for the rest of the season but are there rules that say a player cannot train with a different club than the one he is owned by?

PeeMaN

Apr 4, 2004
I don't see why EU has anything at all to do with football-transfers...
Would this mean that a norwegian player would be just as foreign as an african?:confused:

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
This is exactly why it's good to have good relations with smaller clubs.

Anyways, they can sign him and loan him to us immidiately AFAIK.

arc

Mar 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
This is exactly why it's good to have good relations with smaller clubs.

Anyways, they can sign him and loan him to us immidiately AFAIK.
exactly, n we can also buy their best players from their youth system :D

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
So technically, he is a livorno player? I guess since he is a livorno player, livorno are the ones who are gonna have to do legal battle with chelsea :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)