Mutu and Makelele for Del Piero? (1 Viewer)

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Arif ] ++
mutu + 30 mil for del piero is a huge offer...

but i don't really see moggi selling dp to chelsea.
but if dp leaves, trez will stay..

it's for sure that trez or dp will leave at the end of the season..i see trez leaving.
I don't think that's for sure. We don't need to sell either, so if Trez signs a contract then they could both stay.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Ian ] ++

How so? Do we need him to play like shit when he isn't injured and just suck money when he is?
Good point. Del Piero has the highest salary in Juventus. For what? Sitting on the bench all season?

This year I would agree that Trezeguet, which is young, promising (for some), and wanted by other teams needs to be sold to generate the cash in the year when the club is in debt (for the first time in 7 yeaars).

But next year... if I was Moggi... I'd lower Del Piero's salary because he is simply not worth the money he receives!

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Pendir ] ++
Good point. Del Piero has the highest salary in Juventus. For what? Sitting on the bench all season?

This year I would agree that Trezeguet, which is young, promising (for some), and wanted by other teams needs to be sold to generate the cash in the year when the club is in debt (for the first time in 7 yeaars).

But next year... if I was Moggi... I'd lower Del Piero's salary because he is simply not worth the money he receives!
You can't just lower his salary, he's on a contract. Unless he agrees to restructure his contract, then we must pay him what we have agreed to pay him.

Aug 1, 2003
Well thats true, but I still think Alex contributes to the team, though not as much as he used to, but his contribution does effect the game, injured or not.

Plus although alex is at least injured once a year, isn't that also for most of the players? It was just unfortunate this year he was injured TWICE. talk about injury, you might as well sell off tudor instead.

he's also our captain. Yes one must not rate a player higher than the team, but alex is one of the longest serving Juventino in the current squad. The captain. People look up to him there, he's the source of inspiration. Surely there would be problems in adapting psychologically to Juventus without Alex?

I know I'm losing this battle :D

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
Well thats true, but I still think Alex contributes to the team, though not as much as he used to, but his contribution does effect the game, injured or not.

Plus although alex is at least injured once a year, isn't that also for most of the players? It was just unfortunate this year he was injured TWICE. talk about injury, you might as well sell off tudor instead.

he's also our captain. Yes one must not rate a player higher than the team, but alex is one of the longest serving Juventino in the current squad. The captain. People look up to him there, he's the source of inspiration. Surely there would be problems in adapting psychologically to Juventus without Alex?

Hey, I agree with all your points :)... Except for the fact that DP contributes when he is injured :D

When does his contract expires btw?

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
His contract expires in 2008, and he says that he wants to continue playing football even after that :)

Sparty

Mar 17, 2004

Is not DP is Conte actually the longest serving Juventino...so definitely you are losing this battle...

Aug 1, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Sparty ] ++

Is not DP is Conte actually the longest serving Juventino...so definitely you are losing this battle...
'tis was mainly a figure of speech.. I know Conte played longer and all, but you get my point ;)

I don't know, won't the squad break down a bit without Alex? Won't it take psychological adaptation? And the last thing we need is that ... And I know we can't rely on him totally as we are a team, but I think that might actually happen :undecide:

Sparty

Mar 17, 2004

'tis was mainly a figure of speech.. I know Conte played longer and all, but you get my point ;)

I don't know, won't the squad break down a bit without Alex? Won't it take psychological adaptation? And the last thing we need is that ... And I know we can't rely on him totally as we are a team, but I think that might actually happen :undecide:
Well that would happen if DP would be an influential player like Ronaldinho is for Barcelona, in the case of Del Piero its the opposite thing. Juventus would improve on his good bye, letting others player grow up like Miccoli a guy that has nothing to envy to DP but that is blocked because of him, so Juve would gain.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)