Must win: Italy vs. Ukraine, @ Georgia (3 Viewers)

K0STA

Jul 12, 2006
I got tickets today on Georgia-Italia game :))

I cant wait to see tyhem again... But of course Georgia is priority for me, but also very nice when Italy come's over...

Unfortunately we miss several leading players:(

Forza Georgia!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gill_juve

May 29, 2006
gagarini1 said:
I got tickets today on Georgia-Italia game :))

I cant wait to see tyhem again... But of course Georgia is priority for me, but also very nice when Italy come's over...

Unfortunately we miss several leading players:(

Forza Georgia!!!!!!!!!!!!
have a nice time, although i want italy to thrash you lot lol

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
any thoughts on the line up ? heard that Mauri is going to start, should be interesting to see how he goes.

I want pasqual to start, so we can see some attacking football from both flanks.

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/oct7h.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gattuso: I want to throttle Don! Saturday 7 October, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gennaro Gattuso has used his customary humour to dissect the Inter wiretapping scandal, Francesco Totti’s hiatus and why he hopes to slap Roberto Donadoni’s face!

“What do I say to Donadoni? I hope he ends up the same way as Marcello Lippi, when I grabbed him by the neck and shouted right in his face. That’ll mean we’ve had a great game and scored plenty of goals!”

The fiery Milan midfielder became a hero during the World Cup for his performances on the field, which included a rather hands-on approach with Coach Lippi, and for his amusing sound bites during Press Conferences.

Now that the Azzurri are struggling to qualify for Euro 2008 and need a victory tonight against the Ukraine, Gattuso is again taking centre stage.

“It wouldn’t be a good look to win the World Cup and then miss out on the European Championships. We do really miss a champion like Totti, who’ll allow us to step up in terms of quality when he returns, but Francesco is very upset at staying out of all this. He hasn’t been able to train regularly and can’t be his old self until he does.”

Totti’s absence and the fact Antonio Cassano has been dropped from the squad again has raised questions over who will wear the Number 10 jersey, which has gone to Roma’s Daniele De Rossi.

“I understand it’s a very important number, the shirt worn by champions, but that’s why I have no interest in it!” smiled the former Glasgow Rangers star. “I did wear it once in the Scottish League, but I think the manager had a few too many beers that day.”

Gattuso also turned his attention to the Inter scandal that has seen players and referees – including Christian Vieri – followed and their telephone conversations intercepted.

“Telephone interceptions? All I do is intercept the ball in midfield, I’ve been doing it all my life. We’ve had four months of this talk and it’s time to move on so the team can focus on this important match. I believe Vieri to be a relaxed and professional person, so I saw no good reason to have him followed.”

why the hell has de rossi got the number 10 shirt? surely it should go to del piero? :disagree:

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
Badass Devil said:
wot on earth did de rossi do to earn number 10?
i dont know, im puzzled by that, i would have thought ale would have recieved it, or maybe he wanted to stick to his number 7

Falafel

Shawarma
Jul 23, 2006
Del Piero wins Azzurri race
Alessandro Del Piero and Vincenzo Iaquinta will support Luca Toni against the Ukraine this evening, but Scotland have beaten France!

The Juventus captain was considered the second favourite behind Palermo’s David Di Michele for a starting spot, but tactician Roberto Donadoni plumped for the experienced forward.

The official line-ups have been confirmed with Gianluigi Buffon in goal, a defence of Massimo Oddo, Fabio Cannavaro, Marco Materazzi and Gianluca Zambrotta.

Gennaro Gattuso, Andrea Pirlo and Roma’s Daniele De Rossi make up the midfield trio in the crucial Euro 2008 qualifier at the Stadio Olimpico.

As announced by Coach Oleg Blokhin, Andriy Shevchenko has not recovered from flu symptoms and is out of tonight’s match.

The result is increasingly important for the Azzurri’s hopes of qualifying for the European Championships thanks to some shock scorelines today.

Scotland are leading Group B with a 100 per cent record after three games, having earned a surprise 1-0 victory over France at Hampden Park.

Thierry Henry hit the woodwork for Les Bleus, while both Inter’s Patrick Vieira and Juventus striker David Trezeguet had goals disallowed for offside, but Gary Caldwell met a Paul Hartley corner kick after 67 minutes to seal the historic win.

As expected, Lithuania snatched a 1-0 win over the Faroe Islands to take them up to four points.

Italy: Buffon; Oddo, Cannavaro, Materazzi, Zambrotta; Gattuso, Pirlo, De Rossi; Iaquinta, Toni, Del Piero

Ukraine: Shovkovskyi; Nesmachnyi, Shershun, Tymoshchuk, Yezerskyy; Rusol, Shelayev, Gusiev, Voronin; Vorobyey, Nazarenko

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
Stevie11 said:
does any one know what channels are showing the match live or even extended highlights later tonight?

i am pretty sure jsc sports plus 1 and 2 will be showing the games. i think eurosports will probably show it i am not certain about that.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
juventus710 said:
Del Piero wins Azzurri race
Alessandro Del Piero and Vincenzo Iaquinta will support Luca Toni against the Ukraine this evening, but Scotland have beaten France!

The Juventus captain was considered the second favourite behind Palermo’s David Di Michele for a starting spot, but tactician Roberto Donadoni plumped for the experienced forward.

The official line-ups have been confirmed with Gianluigi Buffon in goal, a defence of Massimo Oddo, Fabio Cannavaro, Marco Materazzi and Gianluca Zambrotta.

Gennaro Gattuso, Andrea Pirlo and Roma’s Daniele De Rossi make up the midfield trio in the crucial Euro 2008 qualifier at the Stadio Olimpico.

As announced by Coach Oleg Blokhin, Andriy Shevchenko has not recovered from flu symptoms and is out of tonight’s match.

The result is increasingly important for the Azzurri’s hopes of qualifying for the European Championships thanks to some shock scorelines today.

Scotland are leading Group B with a 100 per cent record after three games, having earned a surprise 1-0 victory over France at Hampden Park.

Thierry Henry hit the woodwork for Les Bleus, while both Inter’s Patrick Vieira and Juventus striker David Trezeguet had goals disallowed for offside, but Gary Caldwell met a Paul Hartley corner kick after 67 minutes to seal the historic win.

As expected, Lithuania snatched a 1-0 win over the Faroe Islands to take them up to four points.

Italy: Buffon; Oddo, Cannavaro, Materazzi, Zambrotta; Gattuso, Pirlo, De Rossi; Iaquinta, Toni, Del Piero

Ukraine: Shovkovskyi; Nesmachnyi, Shershun, Tymoshchuk, Yezerskyy; Rusol, Shelayev, Gusiev, Voronin; Vorobyey, Nazarenko
why is'nt shevachenko involved in this one, is he injured?
is it offical de rossi will wear shirt number 10:disagree: i find it ridiculous to be honest cos i really dont see what soooooooooo spectacular has he shown to earn this

Falafel

Shawarma
Jul 23, 2006
Bisco said:
why is'nt shevachenko involved in this one, is he injured?
is it offical de rossi will wear shirt number 10:disagree: i find it ridiculous to be honest cos i really dont see what soooooooooo spectacular has he shown to earn this
flu or cold, somethin like that, not sure

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)