'Murica! (84 Viewers)

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006
Because it's bullshit. America's strength lies in that very so-called extremes, it ends up finding balance that way.
I can already sense this woke bullshit dying down slowly but surely, balance is coming.
USA is an extremely divided country and outright shit hole in many regards in comparison to most European countries: inequality, environmental protection, crime, racism, gun violence, police violence, conspiracy and anti science zealots, medical care...Most people there are one medical emergency away from homelessness- another category where you will be much better in Europe.
I like USA, but objectively there are many more serious problems in that country in comparison to EU...

Изпратено от моят XQ-AU52 с помощта на Tapatalk

Buy on AliExpress.com

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
USA is an extremely divided country and outright shit hole in many regards in comparison to most European countries: inequality, environmental protection, crime, racism, gun violence, police violence, conspiracy and anti science zealots, medical care...Most people there are one medical emergency away from homelessness- another category where you will be much better in Europe.
I like USA, but objectively there are many more serious problems in that country in comparison to EU...

Изпратено от моят XQ-AU52 с помощта на Tapatalk
Never heard about many Americans wanting to move to Europe (or anywhere else for that matter), but a shit tonn of EU citizens wanting to move to America. Wonder why.

I personally would choose EU too, but still.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Because it's bullshit. America's strength lies in that very so-called extremes, it ends up finding balance that way.
I can already sense this woke bullshit dying down slowly but surely, balance is coming.
Now thats bullshit. The US wasn't as divided as this if we go back to 10 years ago, nevermind 20 or 30 years ago.
Extremism movement there on either side is getting worse and farcically looney. Thumbs up for being optimist about thinking balance is coming, but for me thats delusional.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Meh, the more extreme sides are getting worse in their own dogma but they aren't very representative of majority of the population, just loud. The further they go the less support/influence they will have and the more the mainstream wakes up to their lunacy

The woke crowd might seem bolder than ever but they are also less popular. Virginia, one of the bluest states in the US, voted in a Republican governor who based much of his campaign off of anti- wokeness /CRT. These are the same voters who overwhelmingly picked Biden over Trump

Embracing "defund the police" is now political suicide even in a democratic primary.

Last edited:

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
I don't live in the US, Im going to take your words for it. But I've seen in the last five years in Canada a major (!) difference in how American thought movements are being imported and how they influence our politics.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
The problem is though, the more extreme-leaning right candidates have already won elections on the national level. This is not true for the left.

I already know people will point to AOC, but if that's their idea of extreme you REALLY have no idea of what's really out there.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
never teaching ever again
Damn bro, why?

- - - Updated - - -

The problem is though, the more extreme-leaning right candidates have already won elections on the national level. This is not true for the left.

I already know people will point to AOC, but if that's their idea of extreme you REALLY have no idea of what's really out there.
That's probably for the best.

Right wing nutcase > commie scum

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
DyaHfgGX4AA8Prt.jpg

srsly though, not for me

- - - Updated - - -

there's a lot of fuckery in the world of education, on my last month it was June, pride month, we had a whole ass seminar that lasted a whole day. at the end of the day they passed around flag stickers and told us to stick in our classroom doors to show the kids we were accepting of their choices, mind you this is a middle school oldest kid is like 14. When the presenter got to me and tried to give me the flag sticker, I said I'm good, I'll pass, you should've seen the reaction of my co-workers and the bitch presenter.

Had to remind them, I do not subscribe to this and that I was a muslim. They tried to make a whole discussion about it, wasn't having it, told them I respect everyones choice/lifestyle despite their sexual orientations and shit, respect my religious freedom. Ended there.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Meh. People are bored with moderation. It doesn't boil men's blood. There's nothing to get excited about.

Moderation is my strategy in most everything, but nobody wears the T-shirt. They certainly don't slap on bumper stickers that say, "Moderate as f**k". They don't get the old people or the GenZ kids face-painting and showing up to rallies.

Extremists carry all the comic book attention now. It's what sells.

I don't live in the US, Im going to take your words for it. But I've seen in the last five years in Canada a major (!) difference in how American thought movements are being imported and how they influence our politics.
Dude... it starts with truckers, and before long Ottawa be all like:

0_0_0001.jpg

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Yuup best and most recent example is the recent ban on handguns due to what happened in the states.
Gonna vote for 2nd time in my life, last time I voted for trudope to legalize weed, this time I’m about to vote for Pollièvre.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Is this satire? Because the article looks very real.

- - - Updated - - -

Never heard about many Americans wanting to move to Europe (or anywhere else for that matter), but a shit tonn of EU citizens wanting to move to America. Wonder why.

I personally would choose EU too, but still.
That's not entirely true. Most EU citizens just feel like they can go everywhere. Live in the USA for a few years if they want to and then come back. We have people who move to Asia or Africa too. It's just rich people spending money or maybe earning even more money abroad. I don't think it says much about American society.

Think about it, do you really know that many Europeans who go to the US in search of a better life? Poor people who think they may have a better shot of making it big in the USA? Because I don't.

Last edited:

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
But the world has changed. And the America people emigrated to a century ago no longer exists. Even US immigration itself has flipped from a "bring a boat to Ellis Island" to "Sorry, no papers no party, rapist darkie". Meanwhile, a place like Portugal had one of the highest rates of emigration in Europe next to Ireland. The government literally told young people of any ambition to leave the country, get jobs elsewhere, and send remittance money home because there was nothing here for them. But it's not 1973 anymore. There's a reverse brain drain going on now... lots of people who were in London and Berlin, etc., who have come back.

Similarly, if you were ambitious and smart in Delhi, it once would be insane not to go to the U.S. Now you can stay in- country, found a unicorn startup, hire fellow nationals, and berate Muslims without ever needing a US visa.

In the US there's still tons of opportunity, ridiculous amounts of money, and the liberty to pretty much do whatever you want, your neighbor be damned. But the actual planet where that used to be an attraction has changed too. Globalization, international travel, international finance, and now participatory citizenship have arisen as modern phenomenon where the world is characterized less by unlimited factory mass production at scale and more of a world navigating systemic limits. And as a result, we've seen the rise of nomad capitalism, sovereign man stuff, and elective citizenship where privileged citizens choose their countries.

Because your nations really don't feel they owe you squat anymore, so you are better off working international arbitrage of finances, rights, and freedoms to your benefit. And we all may have to, given the coming disruptions from climate, inequality, war, civil unrest, famine, plague, etc. resulting from these systemic planetary constraints.

You can worship the late 18th century US constitution, but being an originalist actually puts you at risk of being out of date from intentional blindness over the past few centuries and the modern dynamics now globally at play. I've lost count of how many former empires have counted on their exceptionalism to pull them through. The only exceptionalism now is to create your own.
The world has changed but man hasn't, the adage goes we are 9 meals away from total chaos. As i said US and the idea behind it is not for everyone and i rather worship a document drafted by experience, accumulation of western thought, and liberty than the ramblings of a tenured jagoff whose limp existence gets off on shitting on his historic betters.

The first amendment is fantastic, few countries have such a broad freedom to express their opinions.
That said, unless you have a good income, the US is a shitty place to live, compared to most Western countries.
This is based on what?

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I’m all for increasing funding and resources to support education in underprivileged communities, but this is absolutely ridiculous. Equality of opportunity, not equality of outcome.
It does seem insane that the solution to black students struggling to graduate is to just lower the standards for them. seems like kicking the problem down the road so you don't have to deal with it.

As if graduating someone who is barely literate is really helping that individual just because they get a diploma. Its totally about the administration wanting to make it someone else problem.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
The world has changed but man hasn't, the adage goes we are 9 meals away from total chaos. As i said US and the idea behind it is not for everyone and i rather worship a document drafted by experience, accumulation of western thought, and liberty than the ramblings of a tenured jagoff whose limp existence gets off on shitting on his historic betters.

This is based on what?
Access to good education and healthcare is limited and crime rates are very high. If you have a good income, you can sidestep all these issues, but most people don’t have a good income.
Personally, I like the US because as someone working in tech, the level of innovation and investment is unmatched anywhere else in the world.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Access to good education and healthcare is limited and crime rates are very high. If you have a good income, you can sidestep all these issues, but most people don’t have a good income.
Personally, I like the US because as someone working in tech, the level of innovation and investment is unmatched anywhere else in the world.
Too many subjective parameters, what limited access? What's a good income? The facts though are us has the best academia and health care, issues around insurance and education blackholes in democratic dumps are policy issues. But we both know that if you are 18 in the US with a strong desire to succeed you will have an easier time to get there than anyehere else. Poor choices catching up to people is all part of the cost part of liberty i spoke of, it's not for everyone.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I’m all for increasing funding and resources to support education in underprivileged communities, but this is absolutely ridiculous. Equality of opportunity, not equality of outcome.
Problem is that US spends a fortune on public education, it just has no idea how to get that money into actually improving public education. Same deal with health care. It should be easy for America to have universal health care with what it spends (and I’m not talking r&d expenditures here). Democrat solution of just pumping money into the system only works if that money is actually getting to the end point of better education for students. But instead it disappears in a bureaucratic labyrinth along the way, or gets wasted on utter nonsense like hiring insane “anti-racism” consultants and paying for services of crooks like those in the above article who instead of promoting solutions to better education quality and opportunity want to get paid a fortune to suggest just lowering standards and pretending everyone underprivileged gets an A in everything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 6, Guests: 69)