'Murica! (99 Viewers)

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
I think he wants to say sending a man to Moon is part of sending a man to Mars program. But his Excellency cannot think of better way of saying it.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Of course it's one of the worst things you could possible go through or watch someone go through...but making it a campaign issue? And then even promising it? I can't see this working out for him.

Biden says as president he wants to 'cure cancer'

2020 Democratic presidential hopeful Joe Biden said Tuesday that his administration would focus on curing cancer should he win office next year.
“I’ve worked so hard in my career that I promise you, if I’m elected president, you’re going to see the single most important thing that changes America: We’re going to cure cancer," Biden said to applause Tuesday at a campaign event in Ottumwa, Iowa.
Curing the disease has become a primary focus for Biden since his son, Beau Biden, died in 2015 of an aggressive form of brain cancer. He oversaw the “Cancer Moonshot” during his time as vice president in the Obama administration.
The initiative’s stated goal was “To make a decade’s worth of advances in cancer prevention, diagnosis, and treatment, in five years.”
After leaving office, Biden oversaw the Biden Cancer Initiative to “develop and drive implementation of solutions to accelerate progress in cancer prevention, detection, diagnosis, research, and care, and to reduce disparities in cancer outcomes.”
He stepped down from the organization shortly after announcing his White House bid.
Biden slammed President Trump in April over the issue, accusing the current administration of not prioritizing fighting cancer.
“What happened was we did a lot of good work, with your help, on the Moonshot,” Biden said during a speech in Washington. “And when we left, I went to this administration and said, ‘You can do a lot. Move.’ But it wasn’t their priority at the time.”
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/447982-biden-says-as-president-he-wants-to-cure-cancer

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
Does the Torah say vaccination is bad? I get people who don't want vaccinations because 'it'll give our kids autism'. They are nuts, but I get it. But religious exceptions? Those I don't.
I can't understand these people either, to be honest Iceman, I was actually never exposed to these anti vaxers ( or whatever they call themselves) when I was living back home in Cairo, however here in mother Russia, this movement is starting to gain momentum especially amongst bimbo instagramers ( you know the bunch who for no apparent reason apart from being good looking, got it in their small heads that they are qualified enough to express medical opinions). even though this particular point ( apparently brought into the spotlight by jenny Mcarthy) has been debunked by prominent DR's. a couple of months we had an outbreak of measles that was more than enough to freak out every one yet these same Instagram bimbo's completely belittled it and in typical Russian style weaved an intricate web of conspiracy theories :touched:

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
I can't understand these people either, to be honest Iceman, I was actually never exposed to these anti vaxers ( or whatever they call themselves) when I was living back home in Cairo, however here in mother Russia, this movement is starting to gain momentum especially amongst bimbo instagramers ( you know the bunch who for no apparent reason apart from being good looking, got it in their small heads that they are qualified enough to express medical opinions). even though this particular point ( apparently brought into the spotlight by jenny Mcarthy) has been debunked by prominent DR's. a couple of months we had an outbreak of measles that was more than enough to freak out every one yet these same Instagram bimbo's completely belittled it and in typical Russian style weaved an intricate web of conspiracy theories :touched:
Sadly the internet has given a platform for idiots to voice their opinions.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Does the Torah say vaccination is bad? I get people who don't want vaccinations because 'it'll give our kids autism'. They are nuts, but I get it. But religious exceptions? Those I don't.
Disagree. I see at as the opposite. The religious believe in all manner of things by definition in completely fantastic things in spite of any evidence but secular folks being anti vaxx is pathetic.

If the kids died instead of being autistic and that amount were multiplied by 10, vaccines would still be a net positive.

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
Religious exemptions for vaccines (i don't know if they exist) are just as stupid,
like those people who refuse blood transfusions and such to save their life as its against their religion, how dumb can you be, u are going to die, it's their choice, but when you hear stories of people who don't let their children get treatments.

I guess its Darwinism, leave the blood for the intelligent people, let the mental defectives idiots die off

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Religious exemptions for vaccines (i don't know if they exist) are just as stupid,
like those people who refuse blood transfusions and such to save their life as its against their religion, how dumb can you be, u are going to die, it's their choice, but when you hear stories of people who don't let their children get treatments.

I guess its Darwinism, leave the blood for the intelligent people, let the mental defectives idiots die off
:agree: That's exactly it. I have no problem if an adult wants to do something stupid like that, but once you involve a child that can't decide if they want to be a moron or not, then it's an issue. Also with vaccinations, it puts other children at risk that are too young/unable to be vaccinated. In my opinion they should be held criminally liable, if it would be somehow possible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 83)