'Murica! (113 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Because fuck punishing success and giving money to politicians to squander.
People like to think like that, because they want to preserve their money on the off chance they become millionaires. The vast majority however do not. It's American capitalist brainwashing at its finest.

Personally I'm very much in favour of taxing the very rich very heavily. Anything to protect the middle class. It's what keeps your society sane.

What I hate about Belgium though, and by extension Europe, is that we tend to get all of our tax income from the upper middle class. And that takes away any incentive to try and better yourself really, because the minute you start making decent money, you have to give away so much you are only barely better off financially.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
People like to think like that, because they want to preserve their money on the off chance they become millionaires. The vast majority however do not. It's American capitalist brainwashing at its finest.

Personally I'm very much in favour of taxing the very rich very heavily. Anything to protect the middle class. It's what keeps your society sane.

What I hate about Belgium though, and by extension Europe, is that we tend to get all of our tax income from the upper middle class. And that takes away any incentive to try and better yourself really, because the minute you start making decent money, you have to give away so much you are only barely better off financially.
I have no desire to be a multi millionaire nor have i ever pursued it, as for the brainwashed part you seem to forget the small detail of the very raison d etre of america.
I have no problem with you pursuing your commie bonanza on your side of the pond, but this thread is about america last i checked.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I have no desire to be a multi millionaire nor have i ever pursued it, as for the brainwashed part you seem to forget the small detail of the very raison d etre of america.
I have no problem with you pursuing your commie bonanza on your side of the pond, but this thread is about america last i checked.
America's raisoin d'etre is not about becoming a multi millionaire. It goes quite a bit deeper than that. And even if you'd levy heavy taxes, you could still make an environment in which entrepreneurs thrive.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Why ?
It says in the article that it was the norm before the 80s.
Taxing every dollar 60-70% that you earn after 10 mil is not radical, even looking only at US history.
There's a little thing called context

https://taxfoundation.org/taxes-rich-1950-not-high/

America's raisoin d'etre is not about becoming a multi millionaire. It goes quite a bit deeper than that. And even if you'd levy heavy taxes, you could still make an environment in which entrepreneurs thrive.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk
America's birth was a result of a refusal to pay taxes that seemed predatory

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015

:tup:

- - - Updated - - -

Yea i dont see a problem with higher taxes on unnecessarily extravagant wealth
Still some common sense around here.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 108)