'Murica! (38 Viewers)

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006
California and New York will honor the agreement. Put together they are bigger economies than any country in the EU apart from Germany.
I'm sure states like Washington and Massachusetts will follow suit.
I was joking. There are no winners here if this becomes a long-term US policy. I am not hoping for the falling of USA as I admire it in many other aspects. But just listening to this joke of a head of state and his puppets (come on the administrator of EPA sounds like a coal mine owner :sergio:) is just too much..

Buy on AliExpress.com

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
I was joking. There are no winners here if this becomes a long-term US policy. I am not hoping for the falling of USA as I admire it in many other aspects. But just listening to this joke of a head of state and his puppets (come on the administrator of EPA sounds like a coal mine owner :sergio:) is just too much..
He is a complete and utter fool, and sadly some of his supporters will support him just because they hate the Democrats too much .
Just saw this map today:
http://climatecommunication.yale.edu/publications/paris_agreement_by_state/
Politics in the US (and in many places) is a shitshow. People would rather eat shit and die than vote against their party.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Well it seems that there won't be a domino effect of other countries leaving the agreement (most notably china), so I guess it could've been worse

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
You have to love that he's trying to cover it up like a 12 year old would.

I wonder what all of this is going to do to the intel other countries give to the US. As there's the risk Trump might receive the information too, it's just not safe.
What could he possibly have to gain from it? It just makes him look so much worse.

Oh we've already seen backlash from that a few times already.

No. The sad part is people are used to his decisions. You always knew he was going to pull out.

Btw I might be wrong, but I think I read both NY and California want to honour the agreement.
Washington as well.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
:howler:

Finally some good work from the President. This agreement (along with all other climate agreements) are nothing but scams. He's sticking to his word in putting America's economy first.

The dumbass Donald doesn't realize than when he puts America first (or rather Haliburton and Exxon Mobil first), everyone else puts them last.
Hey DUMBASS, Exxon and others actually support the Paris agreement.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...-paris-climate-deal-as-trump-weighs-pact-exit

None of you clowns understand ANYTHING about the climate or the political bullshit surrounding the climate. Just stop.

- - - Updated - - -

The system is toxic and yes, Democrats can be awful too. But the GOP has truly lost it. And Trump is not only going to hurt millions at home, he's also going to destroy your reputation. Why you can't or won't see that is a mystery to me.

From shoving PM's to tweeting garbage to putting his own business interests first.. This man is pretty damn bad.
Our reputation was destroyed before Trump was even a candidate. Him being politically correct enough for you is the least of our concerns, really. Nobody here cares what you (plural) think.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Exxon knows that:

1) They have already positioned themselves for carbon taxes/carbon credits
2) They are smart enough to know the cost of this will be passed to everyone else as a "public good"
3) They are probably going to be huge traders of carbon credits (Enron was a huge pioneer of carbon trading, so surely it's a good idea)

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013

Finally some good work from the President. This agreement (along with all other climate agreements) are nothing but scams. He's sticking to his word in putting America's economy first.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...-paris-climate-deal-as-trump-weighs-pact-exit

None of you clowns understand ANYTHING about the climate or the political bullshit surrounding the climate. Just stop.

- - - Updated - - -

Our reputation was destroyed before Trump was even a candidate. Him being politically correct enough for you is the least of our concerns, really. Nobody here cares what you (plural) think.
But you do, don't you? You and your young earth creationist friends know everything about the climate, but actual climate scientists don't.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005

- - - Updated - - -

Neither does trump

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN18S6L0

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Neither does MIT.

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/403256/global-warming-bombshell/

So if nobody knows anything -- how moronic is it to sell out your economy for unproven bull? Climates have always changed and will continue to do so whether we're alive or not.
This is not debatable, we are not discussing the theory, this is simple logic. The syllogism trump used is incorrect ergo his conclusion is incorrect. Though tbh after your latest views, i don't expect much from you in matters of logic.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Neither does MIT.

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/403256/global-warming-bombshell/

So if nobody knows anything -- how moronic is it to sell out your economy for unproven bull? Climates have always changed and will continue to do so whether we're alive or not.
Yup. And you know what his defenders (Andy) will come up with: the debate about climate change is still ongoing so why invest the resources.

It's rubbish of course. There is no debate. We know it's bad. And besides, what's the worst that could happen? Ending up with a cleaner world and jobs for people to make that world cleaner?

I bet it doesn't even make sense economically to pull out.
Lol. And you still think you're smart.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
This isn't about being pc. Not even remotely. But it's always funny when a 30 something white American male dismisses an argument for being pc.

You're an idiot.

It matters when literally the entire world thinks your president is a buffoon who cannot be trusted with classified information. You think the Mossad is going to share intel with you any longer? You think the EU will still consider you an equal? When the world sees you as North Korea, you become North Korea.

Oh and you think no one noticed Trump didn't dare to tell Merkel and the others he was pulling out? Dude had to return to his safe space first. So in addition to being stupid, people now also know he's weak. Good luck with that.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn A0001 met Tapatalk

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
This is not debatable, we are not discussing the theory, this is simple logic. The syllogism trump used is incorrect ergo his conclusion is incorrect. Though tbh after your latest views, i don't expect much from you in matters of logic.
The worst part is that in two years time he'll say he was one of the first that noticed Trump wasn't up to the task.

Andy's behaviour is exactly why you have this man as president.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Well it seems that there won't be a domino effect of other countries leaving the agreement (most notably china), so I guess it could've been worse
China probably realise that in the long run new forms of energy are going to be cheaper anyway. And making that change creates jobs in the process and is a stimulus for the economy.

Trump is paid for his opinion on this matter. It's the only possible explanation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 30)