'Murica! (191 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I don't know who you are following, but that has not been my experience. Also, in general I prefer for people to be able to speak their mind without having to walk on eggshells, regardless of how much i disagree with them. At least now you dont get banned for saying trans are not women.
Well, obviously I'm not following Jack Poso, Libs of Ticktok, and others, but for some reason the algorithm keeps feeding me their crap. It's almost like Elon's code is purposely directing the shitbag accounts to people middle of the road to purposely sway them to the fringe elements. It was never like this in the past. That's not free speech, that's dick in your mouth forced speech, and I don't give a damn about the fetish these morons have for calling trans women men. I actually think if someone has that much of an issue with people living their owns lives, that's like the complete opposite of Libertarianism and Americana, exactly what our grandfathers fought against. It's nothing but Christo-Fascism. Might as well be waiving an ISIS flag.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Well, obviously I'm not following Jack Poso, Libs of Ticktok, and others, but for some reason the algorithm keeps feeding me their crap. It's almost like Elon's code is purposely directing the shitbag accounts to people middle of the road to purposely sway them to the fringe elements. It was never like this in the past. That's not free speech, that's dick in your mouth forced speech, and I don't give a damn about the fetish these morons have for calling trans women men. I actually think if someone has that much of an issue with people living their owns lives, that's like the complete opposite of Libertarianism and Americana, exactly what our grandfathers fought against. It's nothing but Christo-Fascism. Might as well be waiving an ISIS flag.
I don't see any of that, and i follow some pretty conservative accounts. Also you have the option of muting or blocking any account you know you dont like. There are obviously a lot of grifters, but to me that's like AM radio. The only difference is the audience can directly chime in on twitter.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I don't see any of that, and i follow some pretty conservative accounts. Also you have the option of muting or blocking any account you know you dont like. There are obviously a lot of grifters, but to me that's like AM radio. The only difference is the audience can directly chime in on twitter.
But why are the algos pushing those accounts specifically? That is the question.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
But why are the algos pushing those accounts specifically? That is the question.
I think you reply the algorithm interprets it as you wanna see more of it (make sense since they want more engagement). So it doesn't matter if it elicits positive or negative reaction, as a business they just want a reaction.

Anyways did you see the video of rabbi shmuley going on the Alex Jones show :D

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
It's true that Twitter used to be overly content moderated where any form of sarcasm was a sin and got you a week's ban. It was a bit heavy-handed.

Is what's there now better? I dunno, to be honest. In some ways it smokes out the nutjobs and freaks. And I'm sure a portion are probably less the identity-driven psychos but rather the performing ones, because online media allows some of us to play out personas we don't feel comfortable with in meatspace.

But again, it's nothing like the kind of interactions I ever have with real humans, strangers or friends, so for that it's a big fail and kinda has always been.

The one thing that has made the algo oppression a little more tolerable has been the option to block or mute sources. I do it a lot. It becomes my way of curating the feed. But that is certainly more driving-by-emergency-brake than it is by design.

They're optimized for engagement. That has little to do with what you like or agree with in the end. And violent reactions are typically the best ones for these platforms.

And sensible people don't get pushed because they don't generate a lot of passion, rage, or reaction, deadening the engagement levels with the platform.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I think you reply the algorithm interprets it as you wanna see more of it (make sense since they want more engagement). So it doesn't matter if it elicits positive or negative reaction, as a business they just want a reaction.

Anyways did you see the video of rabbi shmuley going on the Alex Jones show :D
I didn't. Is it worth a listen?

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I give him props. Someone has to be the main villain on the Internetz from time to time. He found a way to trigger millions and they begrudgingly ate up the performance.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
You know they're just trolling you, right? From the TikTok wanker to the New York Post on down. It's like a human centipede of the Cam Troll Industrial Complex.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 174)