'Murica! (99 Viewers)

Fab Fragment

Dec 22, 2018
Given everything that's happening to them, I even wonder if it's not malicious sabotage.
To be fair the wheel fell off of a Boeing 777-200 which is 22 years old. More of a United maintenance issue than anything else.

Having said that, Boeing deserves much of the stick it gets. There is an old joke that McDonald Douglas bought Boeing with Boeing’s money.
The merger with MD was followed by MD execs occupying the top positions at Boeing. Then the bean counters had a field day and the Boeing engineers were relegated to be “just engineers” instead of managing the company. And then, everything started going downhill.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
To be fair the wheel fell off of a Boeing 777-200 which is 22 years old. More of a United maintenance issue than anything else.

Having said that, Boeing deserves much of the stick it gets. There is an old joke that McDonald Douglas bought Boeing with Boeing’s money.
The merger with MD was followed by MD execs occupying the top positions at Boeing. Then the bean counters had a field day and the Boeing engineers were relegated to be “just engineers” instead of managing the company. And then, everything started going downhill.
Totally makes sense.

That old joke is pretty much the M.O. playbook of private equity these days though.

Fab Fragment

Dec 22, 2018
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-68534703

This doesn’t look good. Boeing whistle-blower found dead. Might easily be a coincidence but somehow he died after a "self-inflicted wound" after giving a testimony against his old company. Usually, such things happened in the 3rd world or behind the iron curtain.

- - - Updated - - -

Discussion on the web: did he have two self inflicted wounds to the head?

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I have my doubts that this one worker knows everything and everyone else in a suit recognizes it and had to off the guy. Because usually these stories are framed that someone knew too much..

While it's entirely possible it could have been foul play, most likely this guy knows a few local things from his view but none of the connections nor the bigger stories. A quality manager at a North Charleston plant isn't going to discover Pepe Silvia

Most mid- to low-level managers in corporations get mushroom managed: kept in the dark and fed excrement.

For all we know, this retired QA manager is a bit of a post-retirement can't-let--go drama queen who lost his life's meaning before any of the Boeing doors came off.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
He already came forward. Whatever information he may have had, he already made public.

No sense in killing him now.

Also at the end of the day Boeing is a company. The people running it might lose some money if it goes bankrupt, but they have long made their personal fortunes. No one risks that by ordering the assassination of a witness.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
isn't it practically a spyware though
To the same extent every other app is. If you want to upload personal info on TikTok, it’s your right to. It won’t go through your phone without permission from the user. Maybe user training on phones and cybersecurity is lacking but that’s a different story

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
To the same extent every other app is. If you want to upload personal info on TikTok, it’s your right to. It won’t go through your phone without permission from the user. Maybe user training on phones and cybersecurity is lacking but that’s a different story
It's fucking filth though.

I mean, Facebook and Instagram aren't exactly healthy for the mind. But TikTok is something else.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
It's fucking filth though.

I mean, Facebook and Instagram aren't exactly healthy for the mind. But TikTok is something else.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk
it’s all about how you use it. My algorithm is full of diy, Costco deals, food recommendations, and stuff I enjoy. Obviously with teenagers, they’ll get into riskier shit but banning it is just politics when other social media exists with the same operating model.

- - - Updated - - -

Makes me think, the fuckers are probably upset it’s taking too much market share away from Meta and YouTube, companies these leeches undoubtedly have money invested into.

Last edited:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Distracted by Alex Jones’ ass-munching there. But I’d like to point out that Facebook, Google, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc. are all banned in China.

Not that I’m for tit-for-tat. But the Balkanization of the Internet has been long underway. Even in India, many of these major sites just “disappear” for days at a time (thank you, Modipus).

I detest everything on TikTok. I masochistically tried 200 videos to see what the fuss was about. I immediately blocked the posters of about 197 of them, asking never to show their asses to me again. The other three I merely skipped before I could throw up in my mouth. TikTok is the hell of watching public access cable television in the 90s, but made 100x worse with 10000x more vanity.

That said, anyone who wants to wallow in that toxic soup should have their own pig heaven in pig poop for all I care. As far as I’m concerned, the more who give up their precious lives to it, the more I will be able to subjugate them as my future slaves.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 90)