'Murica! (101 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I think the short term impact of presidents (or other world leaders) is usually vastly overrated. The economy could have been booming because of measures taken by Obama, because by its nature most policy needs time to generate an effect. The same goes for Biden btw. He's credited for lowering unemployment rates in recent years, but is it that easy to trace back such a huge phenomenon to just the decisions made by Biden? I have my doubts.

There are dozens of reasons not to vote for Trump though. There is of course the fact he's a lying rapist. I mean, even in this strange world that is still a good enough reason to vote on someone else. I'm not sure why so many people are casually ignoring this. But on the top of my list would be that he's not in a secure place financially and is susceptible to influence from just about any foreign power willing to throw him a bone. What happens if Putin says he wants to give him a billion for making a certain judgment call?

I think it's odd that Americans are willing to take such a security risk, when this is usually something they care about a lot more than Europeans.

- - - Updated - - -
1) Rapist - nobody cares because women are second rate citizens in this country. North Carolina is going to have a black priest run for governor who says he wants to take us back to the days where women can't vote and gays are abolished. He's a moron of course and his fat ass would have been hanged back in the day, but hey, who cares. Maybe he doesn't want to vote himself.
2) Russia - I get why it's a concern, I mean I wouldn't be able to get a security clearance if I had massive debt and a poor credit score. But the whole Russia collusion thing with Trump was never really proven. Unfortunately though, some of the retards on the right are helping to fulfill the prophecy by showing support for Putin and ending support for Ukraine. I would imagine the "Deep State" at the NSA is keeping track of this.
3) Economy - I think it's much easier for a President to destroy an economy. Sure, you can create a bunch of useless jobs to lower the unemployment rate, but if purchasing power is destroyed via inflation, and real wages aren't rising, then you might as well be unemployed. There's nothing that Biden is doing that makes me feel like he's doing anything useful, other than rollback some of his anti-energy policies.
4) Taxes - It's really a no brainer. If you're an exec or well-compensated employee of a publicly traded corporation and that's all you care about, then Trump would probably be the vote.

The way they voice their message annoys me to no end. I haven't forgotten them hijacking the Qatar debate about labor rights.

But in what way do they ask for special rights? Could you name one such right?
Well, if you didn't want them to hijack the debate, then perhaps you should have advised the Qataris to not ban the rainbow flag during the event.

At the end of the day it's the same shit though. They hate gays and mistreat workers. They should have never had the WC there to begin with.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not saying that. I say by constitution we have the same rights, at least in this part of the world. @Bjerknes says they dont have the same rights
LGBTQ+ are the most discriminated against group in the US where 1 of 3 have faced some form of discrimination in the past year. I highly doubt that they have the same rights even in your European wonderland, hence the continuous push. But from my experience, most people similar to you have some sort of predisposition to hating these people, so that's why you say it's being shoved down your throats. You wouldn't say that otherwise. A lot of far right people here say the exact same thing and is a well-known talking point.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2020
LGBTQ+ are the most discriminated against group in the US where 1 of 3 have faced some form of discrimination in the past year. I highly doubt that they have the same rights even in your European wonderland, hence the continuous push. But from my experience, most people similar to you have some sort of predisposition to hating these people, so that's why you say it's being shoved down your throats. You wouldn't say that otherwise. A lot of far right people here say the exact same thing and is a well-known talking point.
Well gay boy you aren’t saying anything about their rights. Which rights do they don’t have?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Who knew Biden had it in him. Old man showed up tonight
It's a long way to the vote still.

But this is the kind of rhetoric that would have him winning in a landslide.

- - - Updated - - -

2) Russia - I get why it's a concern, I mean I wouldn't be able to get a security clearance if I had massive debt and a poor credit score. But the whole Russia collusion thing with Trump was never really proven. Unfortunately though, some of the retards on the right are helping to fulfill the prophecy by showing support for Putin and ending support for Ukraine. I would imagine the "Deep State" at the NSA is keeping track of this.
We sort of agree on the other bullet points so let's focus on this one.

I don't really care that collusion was not proven at this point. Up until this day I assume there has been no collusion, because I think we'd have had some evidence by now. But the safety concern lies in his constant bowing down to Putin. On this forum Trump would no doubt be called a throater. The sight of Putin is enough for him to get down on his knees. And it's not just Putin really. It's anyone who'd be able to throw a substantial amount of money at Trump. He sells out in a matter of seconds.

Now maybe this endless greed and the willingness to humiliate yourself for an extra dollar is what makes him a ruthless business man (or a con artist really). And there are other people like Trump. He's hardly the first person to prostitute himself. But having a person with such lack of integrity at the helm of your country is an insane risk.

Last edited:

Juve-Fan-Iraq

Oct 7, 2023
This bitch... go live in Iraq or other countries to see what a privilege you have to live in the US. I do not like Biden one bit, but people here don't realize how much better they have it here no matter what is going on... Unbelievable people voted for this idiot...

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
The most secure boarder of all times :lol2:
I mean, Trump even pointed out the illegal immigrant murders under his own presidency as justification for his wall, e.g.:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_Nevada_killing_spree

It's a long way to the vote still.

But this is the kind of rhetoric that would have him winning in a landslide.
Eight months is forever. Especially with two leading candidates who could both die of natural causes in that time.

But rhetoric? I don't think people vote for rhetoric or debate anymore. It's there, but it doesn't sway any votes.

finance bros ruined Boeing
Finance bros within Boeing ruined Boeing.

And you can probably credit Airbus too for contrasting how soft and weak they grew.

Giving vibes of the teacher who had dreams of broadway but is now stuck teaching middle school English in a small Pennsylvania county.
My vibes were more Stockholm Syndrome GOP Stepford Wife.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 91)