'Murica! (155 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Seems like that last one isn't working out too well :shifty:
@ßöмßäяðîëя is probably the closest one to the "new Chernobyl" site, so if he starts seeing some weird stuff, that's not going to be good.

When you think about it, this happened at a pretty bad spot. Right next to a Creek that runs into the Ohio river, so massive downstream impacts potentially. Chemical cloud sitting over Pittsburgh, which already has issues with smog and pollution getting trapped in the mountains. Ohio already sucks and this just makes it even worse, et cetera.

Apr 12, 2004
Why the fuck would they burn it to begin with?
Better than going in the ground where it will affect ground water.

- - - Updated - - -

@ßöмßäяðîëя is probably the closest one to the "new Chernobyl" site, so if he starts seeing some weird stuff, that's not going to be good.

When you think about it, this happened at a pretty bad spot. Right next to a Creek that runs into the Ohio river, so massive downstream impacts potentially. Chemical cloud sitting over Pittsburgh, which already has issues with smog and pollution getting trapped in the mountains. Ohio already sucks and this just makes it even worse, et cetera.
Yup, my county is in that red map up there.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Big mass shooting going on at Michigan State University right now.

Never ends with this country.

Edit: this is ongoing according to the live scanner. Could be multiple shooters or one guy going to different buildings.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Better than going in the ground where it will affect ground water.

- - - Updated - - -

Yup, my county is in that red map up there.
I was just listening to a podcast with some supposed experts and the one guy said he isn't worried about anything other than the nearby farm land and streams. Shouldn't be any problems with respiratory exposure as it was prolonged. Hopefully it's all good.

- - - Updated - - -

Might be multiple shooters, this isn't good. Still reports of shots fired at different locations on campus.

Last edited:

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
When you have a chemical spill or explosion, you don't ever add fire. You contain it and foam or liquid neutralise the chemicals. Making it a gas spreads it all over the country, you can tell people to stop drinking contaminated water but not to stop breathing. Some screwed up massively.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
So a few years ago Norfolk Southern lobbied their way to not having to upgrade their braking system for transpos carrying haz mats - which could have prevented this catastrophe

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Kyle Bass is echoing @Hust on CNBC regarding Chinese government buying land in the US. I agree, I would ban them fuckers from buying land here, don't care if it spills over into the supposed "dreamers". Too much of a risk now.

So a few years ago Norfolk Southern lobbied their way to not having to upgrade their braking system for transpos carrying haz mats - which could have prevented this catastrophe
Imagining taking the money for something like that knowing how critical braking systems are for... 150000 ton trains.

Apr 12, 2004
When you have a chemical spill or explosion, you don't ever add fire. You contain it and foam or liquid neutralise the chemicals. Making it a gas spreads it all over the country, you can tell people to stop drinking contaminated water but not to stop breathing. Some screwed up massively.
Except this was an explosive hazard, I believe, and it had to be burned off in a controlled manner to prevent something like that Syria explosion.

- - - Updated - - -

Not fucking surprised.

- - - Updated - - -

My guess -

1) Cheapest cleanup option
2) Quickest cleanup option (longer you wait, maybe the more runoff you have)
3) No evidence
I think they also burned it because of contamination timeframes. They probably will end up digging up three meters of top soil.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 149)