'Murica! (237 Viewers)

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
So your state reps are chosen by an oligarchical system? How exactly?
What are oligarchical systems? It describes the fait accompli not the phenomenon, and there are multitudes of non democratic systems which determine leadership

- - - Updated - - -

I bet he was all for democracy until he became mod.
Once more, I suggest you find a new hobby ;)

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
What are oligarchical systems? It describes the fait accompli not the phenomenon, and there are multitudes of non democratic systems which determine leadership
Yeah, so what's is it gonna be? Plutocratic, monarchic, some kind of right of the strongest situation?

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Is that what happens at your job? There are many ways which themselves can have many steps to determine fitness for a set of responsibilities
Just tell me the mechanisms by which you'd chose your oligarchs/state reps/whatever in the first place.

After that I take it you want them to basically interview candidates for replacements in the same way a normal job interview gest conducted?

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Just tell me the mechanisms by which you'd chose your oligarchs/state reps/whatever in the first place.

After that I take it you want them to basically interview candidates for replacements in the same way a normal job interview gest conducted?
Yes competence is key and on both sides, elector & electee, it would need to be established via several tests/steps with rigid controls in place. Little ought to be left to immaterial bias.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Yes competence is key and on both sides, elector & electee, it would need to be established via several tests/steps with rigid controls in place. Little ought to be left to immaterial bias.
You didn't answer my first question :p

Also, how you can't keep immaterial bias out of at least some parts of politics, most notable social issues. How do you measure stances on abortion or gay marriage in terms of competence?

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013

I kinda wanna meet Cruz, genuinely curious to see what makes him so incredibly unlikable on a human level - even among the people that share his fanatic and hateful political views (to some extent).

- - - Updated - - -

Also, "Jesus has two entire chapters condemning the capital gains text" :rofl:

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009

I kinda wanna meet Cruz, genuinely curious to see what makes him so incredibly unlikable on a human level - even among the people that share his fanatic and hateful political views (to some extent).

- - - Updated - - -

It's his face. Seriously. And his facial expressions.

980x.gif

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Can't be everything though, there are plenty of people with weirder & more unlikeable faces being relatively popular. Hell, I know a few guys with extremely irritating faces and I get along fine with most of them.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012

- - - Updated - - -

Can't figure out if Ted Cruz or Samantha Bee is more annoying.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 228)