'Murica! (123 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
What do you mean by "couldn't exist as a normie" here?
In the world of identity politics, for some people their identity is not only wrapped up into being whatever letters of the alphabet they represent. It's also about being a sh*t-disturber for the cause.

Because being accepted by society would be equivalent to suggesting that they are dull, normal, unexceptional, and unspecial (much like the older SF gay men I mentioned). So there's an identity-driven desire to make yourself as unique and challenging and difficult as possible.

Hence if society were to accept you, and all your quirks -- a falsely stated goal by many, mind you -- you would intentionally have to shift the Overton window further just to provoke and feel special again.

Elon Musk has Twitter to do this. Some LGBTQ people have what they wear and what thing they're boffing.

America needs a mayonnaise ban.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
So basically the Supreme Court wants to kill off the American public?

Or is that not the scope of their EPA decision?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk
The scope is that the EPA does not and should not have the power to legislate. That power belongs to Congress.

The EPA are to act on and act from legislation and power given to them, not create their own power based off broad legislation.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Punt that shit to the Chinese.

Also, bureaucrats don't make laws, pass that shit through congress.
Bureaucrats make 'laws' all the time though. It is impossible and impractical to have every single bit of legislation pass through congress.

The question is more at what level you can delegate legislative responsibilities. While I do respect the idea of this being too important for it to not be decided by congress, the issue here is also that it is very unlikely for any real (and very necessary) change to happen that way.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
It’s a bit more complicated than that and may actually be more harmful to coal in the long run.

https://www.theatlantic.com/science...opy-link&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=share
What bothers me the most aren't even the decisions themselves.

Even if you read Dobbs v Jackson (which I thoroughly disagree with), it is not as if the arguments of the Supreme Court are inherently without merit.

But it is quite obvious that the recent decisions have pretty much come on order and are the result of a completely partisan court, while the Supreme Court is supposed to be a vital part of the checks and balances within American democracy. Add to that that Congress is basically completely toothless at this point and you really have no functioning democracy left.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
What bothers me the most aren't even the decisions themselves.

Even if you read Dobbs v Jackson (which I thoroughly disagree with), it is not as if the arguments of the Supreme Court are inherently without merit.

But it is quite obvious that the recent decisions have pretty much come on order and are the result of a completely partisan court, while the Supreme Court is supposed to be a vital part of the checks and balances within American democracy. Add to that that Congress is basically completely toothless at this point and you really have no functioning democracy left.
Congress is a bloated mess right now. I believe government plays a key role in society, but something that dysfunctional would not be missed (or even noticed) if it were to simply go away.

But something would need to take its place for legislative evolution. Because as it is, the US is falling away from modernity as it's unable to keep up, let alone function.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 8, Guests: 99)