'Murica! (28 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Well, 50% of homes in the US use natural gas for heat. Biden is already shutting off domestic production by ending leasing on .gov land, plus he wants us to be completely off natural gas within 15 years. All that means is we'll be importing everything again and prices will go through the roof, even without the inflationary effect of all this stimulus. Crude oil is already close to 70 and if it breaks there it's going to 110 again despite the lack of demand.

But we have to "save" the climate so screwing over the middle class again for the umpteenth time is just the price we have to pay.

Buy on AliExpress.com

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Well, 50% of homes in the US use natural gas for heat. Biden is already shutting off domestic production by ending leasing on .gov land, plus he wants us to be completely off natural gas within 15 years. All that means is we'll be importing everything again and prices will go through the roof, even without the inflationary effect of all this stimulus. Crude oil is already close to 70 and if it breaks there it's going to 110 again despite the lack of demand.

But we have to "save" the climate so screwing over the middle class again for the umpteenth time is just the price we have to pay.
The US will be able to get most of its electricity from renewables and nuclear within 15 years. Not sure about fuel though.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
The US will be able to get most of its electricity from renewables and nuclear within 15 years. Not sure about fuel though.
That doesn't matter though. 50% of households have nat gas or propane furnaces. I literally just had one installed because there was no other option -- I didn't want to continue with heating oil and heat pumps aren't efficient enough to get a large portion of the country through the winter if you have a single family home. I live in an older home built in the 20's that requires a backup like propane, otherwise it will be Texas inside my house. So until there is better technology for "renewables" or AOC pays for my clean energy nuclear reactor in my basement, you're going to fuck over a lot of people with these ridiculous policies. But at the end of the day that is what climate activism is --it's fucking over people for the religion of the earth.

- - - Updated - - -

Setting things in motion for another middle east adventure
And this, too, probably.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 21)