'Murica! (231 Viewers)

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Best evangelical ever. Yeah baby!

- - - Updated - - -

“Fire that son of a bitch!”

- - - Updated - - -

Quite extraordinary, that even after all of this, House GOP still objecting and using their time to rant and rave wildly about various absurd election conspiracies long-debunked by the courts, by election officials, by basically anyone with a brain. It’s quite impressive tbh

Just goes to show that any jackass can get elected in some of these deep red GOP districts. :lol:
Not quite. Only jackasses get elected in deep red GOP districts because voters find them most relatable.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
At the end of the day, there isn't any difference between looters destroying Michigan Avenue in Chicago and a bunch of retarded rednecks storming the US capitol. Just because everyone fetishizes about political theatre doesn't make one worse than the other; they're both destructive. But AOC's argument can be applied to those at the capitol.

And don't get me wrong. I hate those rednecks just as much as anybody else. But the problem is we are at the brink of civil war (to a certain degree) because of both sides; the left and their media allies and Trump and his gang of retards at the capitol.

We 'fetishize' political theatre, because actual real life decisions are made within the scope of that theatre. Looting Michigan Avenue is destructive, but it's not compareable to storming the US Capitol. The latter demonstrates an intent to have democratic institutions overthrown. I'm not saying it like this to spite or ridicule you, but because I know no other way of saying it: your reasoning is almost childlike in its simplicity.

And this argument about both sides.. Even if it were true that both sides have caused this level of discontent (which imo is demonstrably false), only one side decided to storm the US Capitol yesterday. Maybe, instead of deflecting blame, you could actually accept that this was flat out wrong. Especially the day after it happened.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
We 'fetishize' political theatre, because actual real life decisions are made within the scope of that theatre. Looting Michigan Avenue is destructive, but it's not compareable to storming the US Capitol. The latter demonstrates an intent to have democratic institutions overthrown. I'm not saying it like this to spite or ridicule you, but because I know no other way of saying it: your reasoning is almost childlike in its simplicity.

And this argument about both sides.. Even if it were true that both sides have caused this level of discontent (which imo is demonstrably false), only one side decided to storm the US Capitol yesterday. Maybe, instead of deflecting blame, you could actually accept that this was flat out wrong. Especially the day after it happened.
Oh, obviously it was flat out wrong. I'm not denying that. I mean, it really goes without saying, especially as it discredits their cause even further. But this is a culmination of events and mindless stupidity. It takes two to tango, and both sides are out of control.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

:agree:

One was a group of rioting and looting criminals who should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law for rioting and looting, which is exactly what Joe Biden said.

The other was a group of treasonous traitors trying to overthrow the duly elected government of the nation, and Donald Trump had the temerity and shamelessness to call them very special people, say he loved them, and justified it with:

“These are the things and events that happen when a sacred landslide election victory is so unceremoniously & viciously stripped away from great patriots who have been badly & unfairly treated for so long. Go home with love & in peace. Remember this day forever!”

President of the US inciting and cheering on a seditious uprising against the government, and then saying the people who did it are “great patriots.” Lasting image of Trump’s presidency gonna be the guy marching around Congress waving a Confederate flag. Patriots. Lol

Both sides the same? :rofl:

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-attempted-coup-federal-law-enforcement-capitol-police-2021-1
:lol2:

- - - Updated - - -

@Osman
Interesting article there on what you brought up earlier regarding the police

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 219)