Movies you've seen recently... (12 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
watchmen, stupidly silly
we downloaded it and wasted our time watching it the other night
Fuck, that's not what I wanted to hear. Planning to go see it tomorrow night.
I read the Graphic Novel a few months ago- the writing was much better than your run of the mill comic. Lots of good, contemporary (at the time it was written, obviously) social and political references - considerably more dialogue (better vocabulary as well) than one typically finds in a comic. I actually just downloaded the Motion Comic (of the original) as well, but I haven't watched it yet. Someone spent a fuck load of time making it, that's for sure... looks pretty cool.

Last movie I saw was "the foot fist way," with Danny McBride. When Ferrell and McKay saw it, they liked it so much they worked out a deal to distribute it; McBride's break, which helped him get the roles in Pineapple express/tropic thunder and their new HBO show Eastbound and Down. The movie was funny... and pretty stupid... nothing great, but I've seen worse. It's slow, and definitely a movie best watched while stoned.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
we downloaded it and wasted our time watching it the other night
I once watched Transformers on laptop. Big mistake, these sort of films are meant to be seen in cinemas. That's why I'm watching Wolverine and Terminator 4 on the big screen precisely (after smoking a joint of course :D)

Jan 7, 2004
I read the Graphic Novel a few months ago- the writing was much better than your run of the mill comic. Lots of good, contemporary (at the time it was written, obviously) social and political references - considerably more dialogue (better vocabulary as well) than one typically finds in a comic. I actually just downloaded the Motion Comic (of the original) as well, but I haven't watched it yet. Someone spent a fuck load of time making it, that's for sure... looks pretty cool.

Last movie I saw was "the foot fist way," with Danny McBride. When Ferrell and McKay saw it, they liked it so much they worked out a deal to distribute it; McBride's break, which helped him get the roles in Pineapple express/tropic thunder and their new HBO show Eastbound and Down. The movie was funny... and pretty stupid... nothing great, but I've seen worse. It's slow, and definitely a movie best watched while stoned.

in my opinion, sin city has set the bar too high. i love that movie

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
sin city was pretty good, and I usually don't care for that type of film. didn't end up buying Watchmen in book form, so i'll probably end up downloading it at some point and watching it

Christina

vanilla pudding
Aug 21, 2006

If you're a fan of the graphic novel, then I'm almost certain you will enjoy the movie.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
in my opinion, sin city has set the bar too high. i love that movie
Yeah, Sin City was good, and visually it was great... Jessica Alba is off the fucking charts. I love that style of production, although I really didn't like the movie 'The Spirit'.

If you're a fan of the graphic novel, then I'm almost certain you will enjoy the movie.
That's good news Christina. I loved the graphic novel... I've been pretty amped to see this...

I watched watchmen yesterday. Well, it doesn't deserve 8.1 on IMDB. It is not bad. I really liked Rorschach :agree:
Rorschach is badass in the books... definitely a great character.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
I saw Watchmen recently. It's pretty good, I thought, but I'd read the comic before. The modification to the ending works very well.

Rorshach's line, "You don't get it - I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me!" got a big laugh.

Christina

vanilla pudding
Aug 21, 2006
Yeah, Sin City was good, and visually it was great... Jessica Alba is off the fucking charts. I love that style of production, although I really didn't like the movie 'The Spirit'.

That's good news Christina. I loved the graphic novel... I've been pretty amped to see this...

Rorschach is badass in the books... definitely a great character.
It doesn't disappoint. :)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I'm avoiding it because I would probably make some inappropriate comments to wind folk up when watching it.

I think I'm going to see Gran Torino tonight.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
icεmαή;1930001 said:
RocknRolla... nice :)
"There's no school like the old school, and im the f*cking headmaster"

yeah quality film, it was the first guy richie film i had seen, just recently seen snatch as well.

Watch half of Sin city last night, finish it off tonight, finding it a little all over the place, but still jessica alba :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)