Movies you've seen recently... (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Ok here's a list of Marky Mark's best movies:
Renaissance Man
Basketball Diaries
Fear
Three Kings
Boogie Nights
The Perfect Storm
I Heart Huckabees
The Departed

Not a bad resume. I think he does better as a second lead or in a supporting role.

Oh and he's going to feature in a movie about "Irish" Mickey Ward directed by Darren Aronofsky (The Wrestler), we will see how that goes.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
PS had George, and the Italian Job was quite pathetic IMO...even Ed Norton could not save that piece of garbage
IJ sucked compared to Ocean's Eleven but it was box office gold.

About the Perfect Storm. He was good and I think that's because he does way better in supporting roles than as a lead.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
yea I guess he can play off a better actor, but can't quite carry a film on his own
Not many people can. It takes a very, very good actor to do that.

Brad Pitt for example, always does his best stuff (until BenButt) when he's playing a supporting role or a second lead role. Like in 12 Monkey's, Snatch, True Romance, Fight Club, A River Runs Through It just to name a few. Though he did stand out as the lead in Seven Years in Tibet.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
i wasn't too impressed with 'we own the night'

i thought the plot was horrible and with the whole joaquin phoenix turning into a ranking officer in a span of a few months was just ridiculous.

once again marky mark goes to bat and strikes out
when your dad is chief of police and the system is corrupt as it is. I thought it was a pretty good movie. Made me scared of russians.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
The silence of the lambs. Did understand it as well as I wanted to but liked it enough to give it a second viewing- hopefully with a lower heart-beat; hate it when I am worried for someone that isn't even real when so many people are dying everyday.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
It's logical, if you think about it. Imagine that you find yourself in a situation where you have a big problem that only affects you. And thus you know you won't be able to convince others to help you, because it would be too much of a sacrifice. You're also in danger, and you feel threatened. You're paranoid, so you feel like you can't trust anyone, it's too risky.

Well there you go, that's your scenario all ready to go. Are you really saying you can't possibly imagine this could ever happen? Surely there are people among us who are capable of that state of mind through a special set of circumstances, maybe even you and I.
You got me wrong. Of course its possible for that scenario to happen, and yes its possible for a person to reach that state of mind, where its him against the world, what is not possible, is him pulling it off so admirably.

The part when they got him cuffed was the most disgusting one, how did he get away from that? and how did he leave the country so easily after killing dozens of people, blowing up buildings and wrecking havoc in the country?

i wasn't too impressed with 'we own the night'

i thought the plot was horrible and with the whole joaquin phoenix turning into a ranking officer in a span of a few months was just ridiculous.

once again marky mark goes to bat and strikes out
:agree:

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
You got me wrong. Of course its possible for that scenario to happen, and yes its possible for a person to reach that state of mind, where its him against the world, what is not possible, is him pulling it off so admirably.
That just depends on who you are. They could just as well make tons of movies about all those people who got caught. But it wouldn't be as interesting, would it?

The part when they got him cuffed was the most disgusting one, how did he get away from that? and how did he leave the country so easily after killing dozens of people, blowing up buildings and wrecking havoc in the country?
He was CIA, leaving the country without getting caught is precisely what they do for a living. However, I grant you that aspects of the movie (like this plane ride with his daughter) were half assed, just for the reason you mentioned. No Jason Bourne, to put it like that :p

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
That just depends on who you are. They could just as well make tons of movies about all those people who got caught. But it wouldn't be as interesting, would it?

He was CIA, leaving the country without getting caught is precisely what they do for a living. However, I grant you that aspects of the movie (like this plane ride with his daughter) were half assed, just for the reason you mentioned. No Jason Bourne, to put it like that :p
Your making it sound like what Neeson did in this flick is humanly possible? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)