Movies you've seen recently... (15 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Concur, Blade Runner is a borefest.

Anyone seen Resident Evil?
As a rule of thumb, avoid video game movie adaptions like you would avoid rape (hopefully Prince of Persia and Bioshock movies will change that though since they got big names on them to direct, produce...etc.)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
As a rule of thumb, avoid video game movie adaptions like you would avoid rape (hopefully Prince of Persia and Bioshock movies will change that though since they got big names on them to direct, produce...etc.)
Well I've never played the game, so I don't know what it's about. I think it's some kind of a sci fi thing though, so it looked somewhat interesting.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Well I've never played the game, so I don't know what it's about. I think it's some kind of a sci fi thing though, so it looked somewhat interesting.
Alright, I won't compare it to the video game source material.

as a movie, it's mediocre. Dull story, alright action, and poor pacing. It's a zombie flick, so if you really like zombie horror/action, then you'll probably find it a decent watch, though nothing compared to the Romero masterpieces in zombie cinema.

But seeing how you seem like a hard critic on films, I believe that it's not worth seeing. And this is coming from a guy who has low standards in what to expect films.

Science Fiction :disagree:

Video games :disagree: even more.
BAN HIM! BAN HIM!

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
alright, I won't compare it to the video game source material.

as a movie, it's mediocre. Dull story, alright action, and poor pacing. It's a zombie flick, so if you really like zombie horror/action, then you'll probably find it a decent watch, though nothing compared to the Romero masterpieces in zombie flicks.
Zombie? Where is that delete button again?

But seeing how you seem like a hard critic on films, I believe that it's not worth seeing it. And this is coming from a guy who has such standards in what to expect films.
Actually I'm sort of looking for a movie, that's why I got interested. I saw this movie on tv a few weeks ago, or the start of it at least. But I was tired and I went to bed, even though it looked decent. Trouble is I don't know the title.

Here's how it started from what I recall. It's a futuristic sci fi kind of story, utopian world. Guy wakes up in a room that's totally white. Almost no furniture at all. And it's not a house, it's kind of like a compound, where each person has their own room/apartment. So he wakes up and he gets these personalized messages on these lcd screens all around the house. Goes to the bathroom, the message says something about what state of health he's in. Everything around him is either white or metallic (don't recall which). So he gets ready for the day, goes out and he's in this hallway with a bunch of people walking by. The idea you get from this is that the whole world is like this one huge building where everyone lives, people have the same outfits, everyone is assigned to some specific job etc.

Ring a bell?

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Fred-

I was going to post a bit of a low blow comment to your post just now, but decided I was too much of a gentleman to do so :D

Zombie? Where is that delete button again?

Actually I'm sort of looking for a movie, that's why I got interested. I saw this movie on tv a few weeks ago, or the start of it at least. But I was tired and I went to bed, even though it looked decent. Trouble is I don't know the title.

Here's how it started from what I recall. It's a futuristic sci fi kind of story, utopian world. Guy wakes up in a room that's totally white. Almost no furniture at all. And it's not a house, it's kind of like a compound, where each person has their own room/apartment. So he wakes up and he gets these personalized messages on these lcd screens all around the house. Goes to the bathroom, the message says something about what state of health he's in. Everything around him is either white or metallic (don't recall which). So he gets ready for the day, goes out and he's in this hallway with a bunch of people walking by. The idea you get from this is that the whole world is like this one huge building where everyone lives, people have the same outfits, everyone is assigned to some specific job etc.

Ring a bell?
I think the movie in question is called The Island.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/dreamworks/the_island/

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
re: Resident Evil

It's not a bad movie actually. It's a bit obvious that it's based on a game in some parts, they're like action sequences in a game you have to go through. But the idea of the evil supercorporation is executed quite nicely. The biggest problem is that they had to invent some kind of nemesis, and the zombie idea is just sooooo boooring. Always the same crap, someone gets bitten, conceals it from the rest, becomes a zombie. Dear god how original.

Some Matrix-like sequences in there too. And Milla Jovovitch is quite persuasive in her role. Been waiting for this one since her unforgettable performance in 5th Element no doubt. :D She has this menacing kind of look that they use all the time to signal that some kickass is coming up, it's quite cool ehehehe :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)