Movies you've seen recently... (114 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
Just watched inglourious basterds and it was a a hell of a lot better than i was expecting, i really had no intention of seing it untill i listened to mark kermodes podcast which made me want to go. The opening scene is incredebly powerful, Brad Pitt did what i thought he was going to do and the low commedy he provided released the tension created in the scenes before he popped up, although he only had about 15 minutes screen time. Christoph Waltz was brilliant as the Jew Hunter, and the use of language based around his character was very interesting. I am going to watch it again sometime in the next week to see what justice a second viewing does it. Really lookinhg forward to Dictrict 9 which just looks amazing. Apparently its a results of Fox and Microsoft falling out over the Halo Movie and the guy who was set to dirrect it was asked to make one of his short movies into a feature length film instead by Mr Jackson.

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
How funny was Pitt's Italian accent?:D

Tbh that was one of my few nuances with the film. It championed language the whole way through and avoided the usual tendency of films to speak franglais, and even had scenes where accents alongside language were bought into question and studied. Maybe i missed the point of that scene with Pitt, but it just felt like to me 'you've spent the whole film focusing on the importance of language and avoided the cliche deliberatly to then go and spoil it in the last three minutes for a cheap laugh'. I must admit i did laugh though. Another thing that fucked me off was fucking Mike Myers, he wasnt funny, he wasnt needed and the austen powers thing got boring a very long time ago. Other than that, good film....

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
But that's what I get for taking book advice from people who rarely read. :sergio:
One of my 'friends' loved that series by Dan 'how rich am i now?' Brown, and he also told me that 1984 it completely outdated, boring and has no relevance to the modern world. I guess we can tell that people who read and enjoy Dan 'how rich am i now?' Brown books are morons.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Tbh that was one of my few nuances with the film. It championed language the whole way through and avoided the usual tendency of films to speak franglais, and even had scenes where accents alongside language were bought into question and studied. Maybe i missed the point of that scene with Pitt, but it just felt like to me 'you've spent the whole film focusing on the importance of language and avoided the cliche deliberatly to then go and spoil it in the last three minutes for a cheap laugh'. I must admit i did laugh though. Another thing that fucked me off was fucking Mike Myers, he wasnt funny, he wasnt needed and the austen powers thing got boring a very long time ago. Other than that, good film....
I liked Pitt's "Italian" accent because it came at the most intense part in the film and it totally provoked you to think the opposite. The movie was getting a little serious and QT just reminded everyone "it's a 'comedy'".

Yeah the Mike Myers cameo was a little odd.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I was under the impression it was a jewish revenge film, the comedy provided was low commedy in the greek tradegy tradition of the middle ages/renassaince, I maybe completely wrong, that was the impression i got from critics and my viewing of it.
It is a jewish revenge film, without a doubt. But it was way to light-hearted to be considered just that. I think the Greeks would have described it as a "comedy of death/revenge". I could probably use another viewing though.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I went in with a totally clean slate. I didn't read reviews or anything. I rarely do that if I watch a film in the cinema. I thought it was going to be 3 hours of dudes getting scalped and Brad Pitt making funny quips.:D

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
INGLOURIOUS BASTERDS - instantly, INSTANTLY became my all time favourite movie (never thought anything could beat GoodFellas in my list :shocked:). I cannot describe how kickassingly awesome this film is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 114)