Movies you've seen recently... (93 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 15, 2006
Yeah.

It's hard to think of movies like Snatch because there really isn't one. Though there are a few that are similar.
That's true, one of a kind haha.

Eℓvin;2085982 said:
Ok, never mind. I acted in that guy's debut music video.

----------------------------

RockNRolla was kinda like Snatch, kinda. Not as good, but same shit...
Link? And word, RockNRolla was another movie I really liked.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
can you hear hear someone who already hear hear'ed you? is that allowed?

I dont know, i might have just broken the universe, we will just have to wait and see....

ja5per, what's a similar movie to any of: The Italian Job, Snatch, or The Collateral?

Serious or taking the piss? :luckyluke:

Lock Stock is the obv one as ahmed has already said

Revolver is a v good film but a comedy,

In Bruges is a very good film which is kinda quick and whitty,

Iv heard that 'Rock n Rolla' is good for that kind of thing but iv not been reallly interested in seing it.

You could try the american attempts at that kind of film with 'lucky number slevin' which i didnt really like as the characters were really wooden and the pitch seemed to be a "like Guy Richie but...." and theres 'Smokin' Aces' Which again i didnt really get into and there wasnt even character exploration to make the twist have any real impact.

is The Collateral a different film to Collateral?

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I dont know, i might have just broken the universe, we will just have to wait and see....

Serious or taking the piss? :luckyluke:

Lock Stock is the obv one as ahmed has already said

Revolver is a v good film but a comedy,

In Bruges is a very good film which is kinda quick and whitty,

Iv heard that 'Rock n Rolla' is good for that kind of thing but iv not been reallly interested in seing it.

You could try the american attempts at that kind of film with 'lucky number slevin' which i didnt really like as the characters were really wooden and the pitch seemed to be a "like Guy Richie but...." and theres 'Smokin' Aces' Which again i didnt really get into and there wasnt even character exploration to make the twist have any real impact.

is The Collateral a different film to Collateral?
I think he means Collateral.

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
Eℓvin;2086822 said:
How is Revolver a comedy, dude?
BTW that movie sucked ass.
i meant to say not a comedy, and it didnt suck, it just had a really complex narrative that most people didnt bother to understand but all they expect from guy richie is lock stock and snatch clones which unfortunatly hes doing again.

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
ĵџvє_вãвγ;2087383 said:
Equilibrium, seen it again,love this movie,yeah taste like Matrix but C.Bale is fantastic:tup:..***..
I would say it is better than the matrix. It is a very interesting take on 1984, Bales performance is epic, the scripting is great and the dirrector couldnt have done more with the actors he used. I dont really like the comparisons to the matrix, they are entirerly different films, iirc they used a choreographer from the matrix in equi, aside from the aesthetics of 'gun kata' there is no similarity. Are we going to call every film that uses kung fu/tae jitsu/karate a matrix clone?

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
i meant to say not a comedy, and it didnt suck, it just had a really complex narrative that most people didnt bother to understand but all they expect from guy richie is lock stock and snatch clones which unfortunatly hes doing again.
Revolver suuuuuuuuuucked hard :lol:

Seriously, I like any type of movie (ok, horror flicks are bad 90%), even psuedo intellectual poetic mind fuck that Guy Ritchie was attempting, but this movie was nothing but a horrible posing attempt of Ritchie. Just real bad, period. There is no excusing it by saying complex narrative (you know what complex narrative is? Memento), thats just hogwash, like the movie.

Jul 5, 2006
I would say it is better than the matrix. It is a very interesting take on 1984, Bales performance is epic, the scripting is great and the dirrector couldnt have done more with the actors he used. I dont really like the comparisons to the matrix, they are entirerly different films, iirc they used a choreographer from the matrix in equi, aside from the aesthetics of 'gun kata' there is no similarity. Are we going to call every film that uses kung fu/tae jitsu/karate a matrix clone?
i didnt say Equilibrium is the copy of Matrix, but the clothes and the atmosphere is 'willynilly' reminded me of Matrix, that's it :/ ..***..

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
ĵџvє_вãвγ;2087428 said:
i didnt say Equilibrium is the copy of Matrix, but the clothes and the atmosphere is 'willynilly' reminded me of Matrix, that's it :/ ..***..
It did come a after The Matrix and while the action is similar, the story is not. So you're not far off at all.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Revolver suuuuuuuuuucked hard :lol:

Seriously, I like any type of movie (ok, horror flicks are bad 90%), even psuedo intellectual poetic mind fuck that Guy Ritchie was attempting, but this movie was nothing but a horrible posing attempt of Ritchie. Just real bad, period. There is no excusing it by saying complex narrative (you know what complex narrative is? Memento), thats just hogwash, like the movie.
You do have a point when you say Revolver is a posing attempt, but I really enjoyed it. It has been a long time since I've seen it though, maybe a second viewing would change my thoughts.
And yes, Mememto rules :D

By the way, am I the only one who thinks Equilibrium is a piece of crap?

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
By the way, am I the only one who thinks Equilibrium is a piece of crap?
No. Not even close.

Endlessly derivative - a poor attempt to ape the style of The Matrix, a plot which is nothing more than a tired rehash of countless dystopian authors (though the genre is more poorly served in film) - it's ultimately vacuous. It takes itself so seriously that it's difficult to treat it as simply a clichéd action film - everything from "gun kata" to that hilarious scene with the puppy in the boot (trunk, for you Yankee English speakers) to the fact that the supposedly emotion-free setting hasn't been conveyed to the actors undermines the narrative. A pathetic soundtrack which sounds like something ripped from a videogame doesn't help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 93)