Movies you've seen recently... (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Alright sports fans. Now that we've finished the first stop on the Friday Train to Nowhere, it is time to announce tonight's second feature. This next film is very dear to my heart and is what I consider to be the masterpiece of famed Japanese filmmaker Takashi Miike. No it isn't Audition, while Audition is perhaps one of the most suspenseful and disturbing films of all time... it doesn't hold a candle to our next film City of Lost Souls.

City provides the audience with everything it could possibly want... love, violence, comedy. It focuses on the story of two star crossed lovers. The chinese Kei and Brazilian born Mario... two lovers living in a society that does not accept them. The film follows their flight to be together as Yakuzoa, Triad, and the government attempt to stop them. It's time to sit back and enjoy the cockfights, ping pong to the death, and dirty japanese bathroom humor as we take in this masterpiece of love and symbolism.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
Since I'm a touch ill and boozing seems dumb at this point I've decided to have a "movie night". The theme will be "Movies Martin Won't Like". The first feature is a favorite of mine... A little "think piece" about carnage along Route 66 and the effect of media on societal perspectives.

Yep folks, you've guessed it. Round one of "Movies Martin Won't Like" madness begins with Oliver Stone's Natural Born Killers starring Woody Harrelson, Juliet Lewis, RDJ, and Tommy Lee Jones. Written by Quentin Tarantino. Key lime pie anyone? Enjoy...

I just saw that....rather intense movie. quite good for what it is, but nothing incredible. you could do much worse though

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Sounds like we have another victim for Tetsuo - the Japanese Iron Man movie night.
I was just going through my movie collection tonight and decided to give some of my favorite oddities a watch. Though I will be leaving Harvey Keitel and his full frontal in Bad Lieutenant on the shelf.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I was just going through my movie collection tonight and decided to give some of my favorite oddities a watch. Though I will be leaving Harvey Keitel and his full frontal in Bad Lieutenant on the shelf.
A classically revolting scene.

Say, despite the retarded title (save for Bowie fans), have you seen him in "Life On Mars"?

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
A classically revolting scene.

Say, despite the retarded title (save for Bowie fans), have you seen him in "Life On Mars"?
No I haven't caught the show. Though it does have an interesting premise. Time traveling police officer solves crimes with junkie from Sopranos and a riddle speaking Winston Wolf.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
haha, I honestly thought that was one of the better touches. it was a scene that encapsulated so much of what the movie was about.
We've all tried to explain it. The cards, the glasses, the colored shirts with white color. Like Jay - Z once said "What more can I say"?

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
No I haven't caught the show. Though it does have an interesting premise. Time traveling police officer solves crimes with junkie from Sopranos and a riddle speaking Winston Wolf.
Pretty close. Think a police officer mysteriously transported to 1973, living in the Beastie Boy's "Sabotage" video, surrounded by multiple ex-Sopranos (Johnny Sack was in last week's episode as the boss from another district station) and a poetic Mr. Wolf.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Alright ladies and gents. Its time for tonight's final feature. A movie I'm almost positive Martin will not enjoy.

This time we will delve into the depths of "cool". Christopher McQuarrie takes us on a wild ride in to the back alley world of "bagmen" and high stakes faced by those who choose not to live a "normal" life. From the moment Ryan Phillippe promises to "fuck start" Sarah Silverman's head we know we're in for a ride. From the writer of The Usual Suspects comes a mystery wrapped suspense that employs a dialogue found in back streets of modern America.

Way of the Gun is the only way to end a night. It has been called the most "tactically correct movie made". This film is about setting goals and doing everything you possibly can to reach them. Seeking that fortune and giving up everything to find it. It's about respect and honor and knowing that even though you do something bad it can still be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)