Movies you've seen recently... (42 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Some trust fund prosecutor, got off-message at Yale, thinks he's gonna run this up the flagpole, make a name for himself, maybe get elected some two-bit congressman from nowhere, with the result that Russia or China can suddenly start having, at our expense, all the advantages we enjoy here. No, I tell you. No sir. Corruption charges! Corruption? Corruption is government intrusion into market efficiencies in the form of regulations. That's Milton Friedman. He got a goddamn Nobel Prize. We have laws against it precisely so we can get away with it. Corruption is our protection. Corruption keeps us safe and warm. Corruption is why you and I are prancing around in here instead of fighting over scraps of meat out in the streets. Corruption is why we win.
:lol:

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Some trust fund prosecutor, got off-message at Yale, thinks he's gonna run this up the flagpole, make a name for himself, maybe get elected some two-bit congressman from nowhere, with the result that Russia or China can suddenly start having, at our expense, all the advantages we enjoy here. No, I tell you. No sir. Corruption charges! Corruption? Corruption is government intrusion into market efficiencies in the form of regulations. That's Milton Friedman. He got a goddamn Nobel Prize. We have laws against it precisely so we can get away with it. Corruption is our protection. Corruption keeps us safe and warm. Corruption is why you and I are prancing around in here instead of fighting over scraps of meat out in the streets. Corruption is why we win.
:lol:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I love that movie. And that future is close to what I think we are heading towards.
While I'll never discount fertility-based viruses, it's very unlikely unless somebody concocts one. But everything else in that film could be seen within another century indeed.

Very strange how at the end they had Muslims uprising against trigger-happy Brits.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Alexander- directors cut.
Dont watch it unless you find watching a man travel to India and back for 5 hours interesting.
Makes my list of worst films alongside the good shepard.

rvi

l'amour toujours
Apr 5, 2007
^ lol, I take it you were very bored?

---

I watched the Italian Job, pretty good and then
The Phantom of the Opera - Gerard Butler is the best phantom ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 42)