Movies you've seen recently... (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
ok obviously we wont get along :lazy:
Did you highlight the ones you know or the ones you hate? :D Btw, Gladiator?

In all fairness though 25th hour and The Departed are both very good movies, I didnt expect you to be a fan of the latter though, it being a gangster movie and all.
Well (and you're not going to like this :D ), The Departed is a gangster movie, but it also has quite a lot of substance, including a plot that borders on a detective story, which is a bit in the character of the Bourne stories. ;)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
The Departed is my favorite film of all time, not just because of the plot, but also because of the writing and hilarity of many of the characters.

"When I tell you to throw a body in the marsh, you throw the body... in the marsh. Not where some guy from John Hancock GETS A FUCKING BLOWJOB! DON'T LAUGH... THIS ISN'T REALITY TV!"

:lol2: :lol:

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Flattery, it works on everyone :D

Uhm, let's see. Here's some titles that met with my approval:
City of God
The Departed
Deja Vu
The Bourne Ultimatum
Blood Diamond
The Last King of Scotland
The Bourne Supremacy
25th Hour
Pi
Da Vinci Code
Office Space
Beautiful mind
Primer
probably one of the best films i've seen in 15 years

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Yes he is. Perhaps my favorite actor in history.
Definatley one of my favourites too.

His range is incredible.Comedy,Horror,Action,Drama..the man's aced virtually everything.The best line in The Departed for me however,was the brilliant 'when i was your age,they said you could become cops or criminals,but when you're facing a loaded gun..whats the difference?' in the start.Greatness.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Definatley one of my favourites too.

His range is incredible.Comedy,Horror,Action,Drama..the man's aced virtually everything.The best line in The Departed for me however,was the brilliant 'when i was your age,they said you could become cops or criminals,but when you're facing a loaded gun..whats the difference?' in the start.Greatness.
No doubt one of the greatest lines I've ever heard. So concise and real if you put yourself in the perspective of a Boston gangster with FBI ties.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004

City of God
The Departed
Deja Vu
The Bourne Ultimatum
Blood Diamond
The Bourne Supremacy
25th Hour
Pi
Da Vinci Code
Office Space
Beautiful mind
Primer

Bourne, Di Vinci Code, Pi, Deja Vu, and 25th hour suck..

Departed, city of god, Beautiful Mind, King of Scotland and Office Space are good, but nothing special. Departed is very good on the first watch only. Without the suspense, it doesn't have that much.

Blood diamond and office space are enjoyable, but not very good to be honest. popcorn flicks. :D

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

City of God
The Departed
Deja Vu
The Bourne Ultimatum
Blood Diamond
The Bourne Supremacy
25th Hour
Pi
Da Vinci Code
Office Space
Beautiful mind
Primer
Most of those are pretty good films, but Deja Vu? The one with Denzel? You gotta be kidding me! Please say that was a typo or you have lost all movie respect from me. :D

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Most of those are pretty good films, but Deja Vu? The one with Denzel? You gotta be kidding me! Please say that was a typo or you have lost all movie respect from me. :D
No, it was kind of fun the whole idea of time travel. Not totally convincing but I like when they try stuff like that.

Also, my brother is a huuuge Denzel fan and he always wants to talk to me about his movies, so I guess that's partly why I watch them :D

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Really, why? The girl in it was really cute too, I know you appreciate that stuff rite :D

Wicker Man was fun. Lots of things to make fun of :D
I really think someone had a Nicholas Cage sex tape and blackmailed him into the movie. There's really no other explanation for him being in it. :D

Not that he's a sublime actor but this was really under his leauge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)