Movies you've seen recently... (13 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Does every movie have to have a point? Can't you just relax and watch a cool movie about a guy doing his own awesome stunts?
Depends on what you want out of it. Watching a movie about martial arts is not very different from watching sports. They just add a stupid pretext why the guys have to fight each other. If that's what you want to see, you'll be happy.

Otherwise, if you think a movie is a somewhat wider art form that is supposed to have certain characteristics, like a proper story, credible acting, a meaning etc, then you won't be satisfied.

Personally I never go for the first type anymore, I did when I was a kid though.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Depends on what you want out of it. Watching a movie about martial arts is not very different from watching sports. They just add a stupid pretext why the guys have to fight each other. If that's what you want to see, you'll be happy.

Otherwise, if you think a movie is a somewhat wider art form that is supposed to have certain characteristics, like a proper story, credible acting, a meaning etc, then you won't be satisfied.

Personally I never go for the first type anymore, I did when I was a kid though.
ok now i agree with every word you said, but what bothers me is, you've criticised every and each movie genre there is on this planet..so what is it exactly that you like?:D

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
ok now i agree with every word you said, but what bothers me is, you've criticised every and each movie genre there is on this planet..so what is it exactly that you like?:D
I've criticized a lot of movies, but not exactly movie genres. My disdain for mafia flicks is well known, but other than that I don't believe I've made any sweeping statements?

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I've criticized a lot of movies, but not exactly movie genres. My disdain for mafia flicks is well known, but other than that I don't believe I've made any sweeping statements?
ok. but what is it that you like? what are your favourite movies? its just that i'm dying to know which movies meet the "Great Martin's" criteria :D

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
ok. but what is it that you like? what are your favourite movies? its just that i'm dying to know which movies meet the "Great Martin's" criteria :D
Flattery, it works on everyone :D

Uhm, let's see. Here's some titles that met with my approval:
City of God
The Departed
Deja Vu
The Bourne Ultimatum
Blood Diamond
The Last King of Scotland
The Bourne Supremacy
25th Hour
Pi
Da Vinci Code
Office Space
Beautiful mind
Primer

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Flattery, it works on everyone :D

Uhm, let's see. Here's some titles that met with my approval:
City of God
The Departed
Deja Vu
The Bourne Ultimatum
Blood Diamond
The Last King of Scotland
The Bourne Supremacy
25th Hour
Pi
Da Vinci Code
Office Space
Beautiful mind
Primer
ok obviously we wont get along :lazy:

In all fairness though 25th hour and The Departed are both very good movies, I didnt expect you to be a fan of the latter though, it being a gangster movie and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)