Movies you've seen recently... (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I hate Keanu Reeves' acting. It's really distracting, and the way he delivers his lines is so dopey. In Constantine, and even the Matrix movies, he sounded like he was still doing Bill & Ted movies, only with no facial expression and more monotony

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
Saw The Matrix again the other day, and was reminded what all the hype was about. I have a nasty feeling though, that kids in thirty years time, watching it for the first time, are going to think it's as clichéd as hell. It's already been ripped off so much. Mark of a ground-breaking movie.

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++
Saw The Matrix again the other day, and was reminded what all the hype was about. I have a nasty feeling though, that kids in thirty years time, watching it for the first time, are going to think it's as clichéd as hell. It's already been ripped off so much. Mark of a ground-breaking movie.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Altair ] ++
I saw Sin City a couple of weeks back, though a bit dragging it was pure enjoyable entertainment, Mickey Rourke's character was just bada**.
I saw it tonight. I wouldn't go so far as to say it was enjoyable entertainment, though. I can tolerate the violence in City of God, and I could laugh at and love the violence used in Pulp Fiction. But Sin City used violence as a complete joke. The movie is a self-parody. Kind of like watching the Jerry Springer show.

The comic book visualizations were definitely interesting, and the cheesy dialog was tolerable (note that I didn't say anything good about it). But the violence was so much of a crutch and gimmick, that without it there would be nothing left. The movie lacked any "brains"...

Which reminds me of when a friend loaned me the DVDs for Armegeddon and Pi on the same day. The first was all budget and no brains, and the second was all brains and no budget. I hated the first (unless you can get a bunch of drunken friends together to mock it), and really liked the second. So that should give you a sense of my biases. I can sense that a lot of people will really like Sin City... just not me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)