Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (47 Viewers)

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Let me guess: that centuries old tribe and their leader woman, who was on the front page of vogue shoots arrows from the distance to take down the Predator himself.
Even dumber.
Let's just say thatthe predator Kurt Cobain's himself out of sheer stupidity.

Last edited:

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Went to watch Thor. Not expecting much obviously, just hoping for some light entertainment, knowing these movies are always low on substance.

It was much worse than that. I feel insulted for being expected to enjoy that. Pure stupidity.

And that's not taking into consideration the standard wokeness - the king of New Asgard being a black lesbian, one of the other heroes being revealed as gay for no reason whatsoever, a kid with two mothers but one of them is "dad", the female Thor saving the original Thor from the villain he couldn't defeat.

Incredible how popular these movies are and how much money they make. There were a lot of cool visual effects, at least. The "humour" however, truly terrible.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Went to watch Thor. Not expecting much obviously, just hoping for some light entertainment, knowing these movies are always low on substance.

It was much worse than that. I feel insulted for being expected to enjoy that. Pure stupidity.

And that's not taking into consideration the standard wokeness - the king of New Asgard being a black lesbian, one of the other heroes being revealed as gay for no reason whatsoever, a kid with two mothers but one of them is "dad", the female Thor saving the original Thor from the villain he couldn't defeat.

Incredible how popular these movies are and how much money they make. There were a lot of cool visual effects, at least. The "humour" however, truly terrible.
They are still going because of pure inertia.
But every movie puts another nail in the Marvel movies coffin.
At this point it's like they ain't even trying to make a quality film anymore.
Their revenue based on expectations is way below their projections.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Haven't seen or even heard about candy man. Get out was a mini masterpiece. Us was a total wild ride and exciting maniacal performance by all, but the twist and plot turned out to be dissapointing. Ruined the promising initial run.
I'm so disappointed that this released after all these years

- - - Updated - - -

Prey is really good. Bloody violence, Predator is pretty sick, a simple story but fun overall. I've waited decades for a decent Predator movie and this is it.
Movie and effects hold up incredibly well. But there was nothing else to add. I don't know why they bring franchises back. it had an amazing run no need for this it ended beautifully.

Last edited:

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
I love the original Predator and always wanted to see the same movie but in different settings, I just love the monster. I'm still yearning for a proper Alien movie too.

Prey as an action movie was decent, the predator itself is great and even the lead was good. I wouldn't say its woke, she makes many errors and gets lots of her tribe killed. The only way any human beats the predator is with smarts, not muscle. People forget Ellen Ripley killing Aliens decades back. I watched it as a simple action movie and it worked well. You wouldn't watch a Fast and Furious movie for intellectual stimulation, it's all about the ridiculous action.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
I enjoyed it up until the very end because
I just dont understand how such a perfect killing machine could make such a dumb mistake and I don't even understand how it happened or how she figured out to do that? Like I don't get the logistics of it or how she had the brains to do it and the predator had the lack of brains (pun intended) to fall for it .

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
I just dont understand how such a perfect killing machine could make such a dumb mistake and I don't even understand how it happened or how she figured out to do that? Like I don't get the logistics of it or how she had the brains to do it and the predator had the lack of brains (pun intended) to fall for it .
The main actress suddenly got the greatest armor of them all, "plot armor".
She became like Neo.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
I love the original Predator and always wanted to see the same movie but in different settings, I just love the monster. I'm still yearning for a proper Alien movie too.

Prey as an action movie was decent, the predator itself is great and even the lead was good. I wouldn't say its woke, she makes many errors and gets lots of her tribe killed. The only way any human beats the predator is with smarts, not muscle. People forget Ellen Ripley killing Aliens decades back. I watched it as a simple action movie and it worked well. You wouldn't watch a Fast and Furious movie for intellectual stimulation, it's all about the ridiculous action.
It's totally woke just like all the Disney star wars. Disney star wars got female as a top star of the movie, then black guy on a starring role. Now in this new "predator" it's a tribe full of men and them telling this female main character that hunting is for the men and the movie will end her carrying predator's head back to the tribe as a proof, that women can do what men can do if not better. It's about an independent woman, just like all this woke is all about.

Also the fucking CGI is terrible. It's just a terrible to ride the success of movies from the past and try to lure the old viewership to see their product. Make a totally new movie franchise and build from there. It just doesn't add up having Arnold fighting predator in the past and then having this little girl doing the same decades later being equal to Arnold. It's just pathetic. If this movie was made in the 80s, people would have go crazy and would have walked out of the theaters middle of the movie, considering the movie would have been the theaters with no netflix.

I don't buy any of that BS and movies like this are going straight to the bin. 1 out of 1500 stars, waste of money and most likely a movie Dybala will like.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
It's totally woke just like all the Disney star wars. Disney star wars got female as a top star of the movie, then black guy on a starring role. Now in this new "predator" it's a tribe full of men and them telling this female main character that hunting is for the men and the movie will end her carrying predator's head back to the tribe as a proof, that women can do what men can do if not better. It's about an independent woman, just like all this woke is all about.

Also the fucking CGI is terrible. It's just a terrible to ride the success of movies from the past and try to lure the old viewership to see their product. Make a totally new movie franchise and build from there. It just doesn't add up having Arnold fighting predator in the past and then having this little girl doing the same decades later being equal to Arnold. It's just pathetic. If this movie was made in the 80s, people would have go crazy and would have walked out of the theaters middle of the movie, considering the movie would have been the theaters with no netflix.

I don't buy any of that BS and movies like this are going straight to the bin. 1 out of 1500 stars, waste of money and most likely a movie Dybala will like.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47necmyyw1nmlj3wo9b4hwi2w1465zi7jyqh188aqa&rid=giphy.gif

OP
Elvin

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
  • Thread Starter #28,695

thank you. skipping it.

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    i thought the same. it was actually pretty good up until that point.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 43)