Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (60 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
After everyone was fanboiing it months ago, I finally got around to seeing Everything Everywhere All At Once.

I don’t get the fuss. If you peel away the verse-splitting gimmick, the story falls apart. The director seemed to replace viewer confusion for well-developed characters and verse-traversing tricks in place of an actual story.

Meh. Made it most of the way through but I cannot even finish it. 5/10

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Of course, let me put my biases on the table:
* I think superhero movies are brain-dead
* I thought the action scenes in Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon were the worst part of the movie
* I'm not easily swayed by the notion that a middle aged Chinese woman getting an action hero role as "social progress" necessarily makes a movie good or bad. It's irrelevant to quality.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Finally watched The Batman

Thought it was average at best. So a big letdown.

Paul Dano, Robert Pattinson and Colin Farrell were good if not great. The visuals were cool and the sountrack was great.

The story line just felt a bit flat and boring. The scenes with Catwoman were borderline cringe worthy, the ending was an anti climax and the scene with the Joker wasn't as exciting as it should of been.

Has potential so hopefully a sequel will be an improvement and they ramp up the violence too.

Much more interested in seeing what they do with Joaquin Phoenix's Joker instead.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019

Paul Dano, Robert Pattinson and Colin Farrell were good if not great. The visuals were cool and the sountrack was great.

The story line just felt a bit flat and boring. The scenes with Catwoman were borderline cringe worthy, the ending was an anti climax and the scene with the Joker wasn't as exciting as it should of been.

Has potential so hopefully a sequel will be an improvement and they ramp up the violence too.

Much more interested in seeing what they do with Joaquin Phoenix's Joker instead.
Im bout to watch it somewhere in this week. Let's see how i feel about it. Im little bit of skeptical as well.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010

Yeah it was meh, completely forgettable

Strickland

May 17, 2019
are there any good footie movies / tv shows out there that aren't documentaries?

basketball has many good movies, my favorite being Rebound with Don Cheadle, american football too have some good movies and tv shows, even f1 has several good movies, but for some reason almost all the footie movies suck beyond imagination. The only one I've ever seen that doesn't completely suck is "Escape to victory" and that one must be 40 years old or close to that.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Ted Lasso the only acceptable answer for tv shows. Netflix has one fake team Canadian show that looks alright low budget. Similar with no name Mexican ones. Their Baggio one too, looks low budget.

Amazon prime has a Maradona one that seems off. And a tevez one that's decent.

No movie is worth mentioning imo. Not even escape because the football scenes were terrible.

Last edited:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Same here Jordan Peele directing has that effect on many people lol. Must see the weirdo unique blend of horror, mystery and absurd comedy elements.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 57)