Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (45 Viewers)

Jul 7, 2018
Well, this Spring Break I spent it watching movies:

Dune
Gladiator
The Professor and the Madman
Marriage Story
Batman The Dark Knight Rises

I don’t know why I did not watch Batman TDKR before but man… I wasn’t expecting such a good villain like Bane. I mean, Heath Ledger’s Joker is the GOAT but Bane in TDKR is EXTREMELY good.

On the other hand, I haven’t enjoyed such a good Sci-Fi/Fantasy movie like Dune since The Lord Of The Rings. Dune should win the Oscar for best movie IMO. All the other movies were great, specially Gladiator.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I really liked the new Batman. I really enjoyed it and, as always, movie quality jumps so much higher when you have the negative guys actually good. I really liked both Penguin and the Riddler. The Riddler was totally nuts, I loved that, but Colin Farrell had a perfect role in the movie, I think he really nailed it with the Penguin. I personally like more both Michael Caine and Oldman as Alfred and Gordon compared to the new roles, but I won't even mention it as a flaw since it's silly to compare them I guess. It's entertaining and the plot itself isn't bad at all, I really liked the mysterious note of it, just like in the comics. Oh and yeah, Pattinson did surely deliver imo, quite interesting take on the Batman in his age/experience. I think this movie is his big enterence in the Hollywood so I expect tons of huge roles for him in the future. I will surely watch the next part when/if arrives.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
I really liked the new Batman. I really enjoyed it and, as always, movie quality jumps so much higher when you have the negative guys actually good. I really liked both Penguin and the Riddler. The Riddler was totally nuts, I loved that, but Colin Farrell had a perfect role in the movie, I think he really nailed it with the Penguin. I personally like more both Michael Caine and Oldman as Alfred and Gordon compared to the new roles, but I won't even mention it as a flaw since it's silly to compare them I guess. It's entertaining and the plot itself isn't bad at all, I really liked the mysterious note of it, just like in the comics. Oh and yeah, Pattinson did surely deliver imo, quite interesting take on the Batman in his age/experience. I think this movie is his big enterence in the Hollywood so I expect tons of huge roles for him in the future. I will surely watch the next part when/if arrives.
Look forward to a sequel!

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
My only problem with the movie was Bruce Wayne

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 44)