Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (33 Viewers)

JuveE46

Dec 6, 2015
Shawshank Redemption on Netflix now. No explosions no gimmick BS just a real good story and superb acting.
One of the most underrated overall and a top ten for me

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Cinema Paradiso. Never seen a better movie than that one. Although, Schindler’s List, 12 Angry Men, The Godfather, The Passion of Christ, and For A Few Dollars More are extremely good too IMO
Haven’t seen Passion of the Christ, but the others are amazing movies.
Some of my other favorites: Amadeus, The Usual Suspects, LA Confidential, Inglourious Basterds, Reservoir Dogs, Goodfellas.

OP
Elvin

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
  • Thread Starter #28,536
    Shawshank Redemption on Netflix now. No explosions no gimmick BS just a real good story and superb acting.
    One of the most underrated overall and a top ten for me
    What do you mean underrated? It's the most well-rated move ever.

Watched The Batman.

Best one since Nolan. And the soundtrack best since Zimmer. Been a fan of Michael Giacchino since Lost.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah. Me too. I don't understand the fascination with it.
    One word - hope.

Last edited:

JuveE46

Dec 6, 2015
    What do you mean underrated? It's the most well-rated move ever.

Watched The Batman.

Best one since Nolan. And the soundtrack best since Zimmer. Been a fan of Michael Giacchino since Lost.

- - - Updated - - -

One word - hope.
    It's Well rated by audience I'm talking about actual accolades.
    Got beat out by forest gump, had five nominations won none while forest gump had 13 and Won 6..bigger movie, bigger budget, had a love story angle, had a LOT more money invested in it.
    While Shawshank got some insignificant awards and little recognition.

OP
    Elvin

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
  • Thread Starter #28,538
    It's Well rated by audience I'm talking about actual accolades.
    Got beat out by forest gump, had five nominations won none while forest gump had 13 and Won 6..bigger movie, bigger budget, had a love story angle, had a LOT more money invested in it.
    Meh awards dont mean shit.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    I watched The Batman yesterday. I thought it was really good but I like Nolan's better. In terms of style I thought this one was better though. The long ending in this one was not necessary.

Let's talk about the characters. Batman was amazing but Bruce Wayne was terrible. Why was he made a depressed emo instead of the charismatic businessman?

All the villains were great, especially The Riddler.

I like Jeffrey Wright more as Gordon than Gary Oldman. But I like Michael Caine as Alfred more than Andy Serkis.

Turturro was very good and so was Zoe Kravitz.

I would definitely watch a sequel if they are planning to continue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 32)