Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (44 Viewers)

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
lol, we skipped any sexual scene and never watched them with my family.
The story and action scenes had impressed us. The only entertainment me and my family in those days was watching rental movies at home.
Same here

Watched From russia with love yesterday. Liked it more than Dr.No to be honest. Both are good movies movies, but neither appears to be the kind that i might watch again. Worth one time only i think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jun 7, 2003
Starting a James Bond marathon now, and plan on watching every single movie in order.

Watched Dr.No and loved it. I was expecting Dr.No to have a more prolonged presence on the screen, but still a very enjoyable watch.

From Russia with love up next!
Began some time ago, reached now Timothy Dalton.

Saw in the weekend "Everest", the film is okay. I'm now tempted to also climb the Mount Everest

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Why do we have to watch a story with only characters we can root for?

Succession is fantastic showcasing of flawed and totally broken narcissistic people.
I agree I love Succession because none of the characters is likeable. NONE and that is a great work by the creators to make a show like that.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Jason Statham should be the next Bond
Fuck no.

He's a brute force and should be used only in stupid action movies. When I say stupid that means much worse than James Bond. Next Bond should have charm and have something extra like all Bonds had (almost all). Statham would fucking suck for that role.

I agree with Elvin there, Cavill would be a great pick.

Jun 7, 2003
Fuck no.

He's a brute force and should be used only in stupid action movies. When I say stupid that means much worse than James Bond. Next Bond should have charm and have something extra like all Bonds had (almost all). Statham would fucking suck for that role.

I agree with Elvin there, Cavill would be a great pick.
Sorry to burst your bubble but Bond is a stupid action movie with a mysoginistic view on the woman world. Cavill is bad, has not one single good movie

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Sorry to burst your bubble but Bond is a stupid action movie with a mysoginistic view on the woman world. Cavill is bad, has not one single good movie
Old Bond movies despite being sort of brainless are miles ahead of all actions movies with Statham in them which are: go and kill 1000 of them. In Bond there's exaggeration but not of that sort and at least it's done with the style. Statham could never fill Bruce Willis' shoes which he inherited, the guy has no charisma.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
I would actually prefer Tom Hardy as Bond. Heard he’s in the running as well. He’ll be awesome. I’m not excited about Elba getting the role. I understand the argument to have more ethnic diversity, but there are other actors of color that might do a better job than Elba. Apparently Riz Ahmed is being considered as well.

Jun 7, 2003
Old Bond movies despite being sort of brainless are miles ahead of all actions movies with Statham in them which are: go and kill 1000 of them. In Bond there's exaggeration but not of that sort and at least it's done with the style. Statham could never fill Bruce Willis' shoes which he inherited, the guy has no charisma.
Statham is something else than Bruce Willis but you are right that he lacks the charisma for Bond

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Same here

Watched From russia with love yesterday. Liked it more than Dr.No to be honest. Both are good movies movies, but neither appears to be the kind that i might watch again. Worth one time only i think.

Sometimes I secretly watched sex scenes of movies when my family was out.
This scene still excites me

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I avoided spoilers but I did hear that its a very different movie from the original trilogy. Less action based.

Could be good, could be bad :boh:
I think it's going to suck but hopefully I'm totally wrong there.

Like two years ago I rewatched Matrix 1 and I loved it. But I didn't bother with 2 and 3. It's been a while since last I saw those two movies, I was literally a kid. What do you think about them?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 43)