Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (76 Viewers)

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
Heat is full of great moments from where Vincent and Neil share a coffee, when Neil tells Michael not to take the job because of his family, when Chris is turned away from his wife. I love the bank shootout as well, it had a realism to it that you just don't see these days.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
I did the exact same
It's the reason I don't like most of the Marvel films, the characters are very boring and dislikable. The stories are alright but apart from Spiderman, I can't stand the others at all. Spiderman as a character has always had many more layers, the same goes for Christopher Nolan's Batman which is better than watching Iron Man being a dick in every single scene.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Tried to watch Money Heist but the characters we so horrible that I couldn't root for them. I ditched it and watched Heat and Collateral, two movies where you love the villains and want them to survive.
same thing for me with Succession. It’s a very good show but the most of the characters are utterly unlikeable. The only good guy on the show is a dumb fuck who I cannot find myself rooting for.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Starting a James Bond marathon now, and plan on watching every single movie in order.

Watched Dr.No and loved it. I was expecting Dr.No to have a more prolonged presence on the screen, but still a very enjoyable watch.

From Russia with love up next!
I remember i rented this in dvd and we watched it with the whole family. There were silence in the house for like a day or two.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
same thing for me with Succession. It’s a very good show but the most of the characters are utterly unlikeable. The only good guy on the show is a dumb fuck who I cannot find myself rooting for.

Why do we have to watch a story with only characters we can root for?

Succession is fantastic showcasing of flawed and totally broken narcissistic people.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
New James Bond movie is one of the worst ones. I did not like it and it didn't even feel like a bond movie. Craig was unstable and way too emo im it and such shit shouldn't happen on that character. Also, the bad guy was really bad, weak motives and was pretty dull. Seeing a black girl as 007 made it even worse. The only positive thing is entertainment. But overall shit movie.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Understandable. I get you and the other guys point, but story shouldnt need likeable characters to be compelling.

I have the same issue with money heist, I tried watching it several times because its popular with anyone I know, but I cant get through 2 episodes, find it boring and unengaging. And thats not because characters are unlikeable, but they just came off super uninteresting. Like a Michael Bay story of tv shows.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 75)