Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (35 Viewers)

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
What tingles your fancy?
anything?

just no lesbians, feminists and incoherent stories i guess. i'd love to see something like the killing, the affair or mindhunter. i enjoyed fauda lately, got bored with the foundation (and realized that i remembered nothing from the books, i should re-read those), started the sinner but stopped, started her but abandoned that one too.

:boh:

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
anything?

just no lesbians, feminists and incoherent stories i guess. i'd love to see something like the killing, the affair or mindhunter. i enjoyed fauda lately, got bored with the foundation (and realized that i remembered nothing from the books, i should re-read those), started the sinner but stopped, started her but abandoned that one too.

Dunno if it's Netflix but Bron/Broen is excellent stuff. There's some fag shit in third season but it's not forced much. I recommend.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
anything?

based on your preferences, check out The Spy (2019 miniseries) and The Americans on Netflix

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
The last Duel

Loved and hated it. Was at least 30 minutes too long and I didn't like the style in which 3 different story's were told. Repetitive and boring.
Everything else was great.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
The last Duel

Loved and hated it. Was at least 30 minutes too long and I didn't like the style in which 3 different story's were told. Repetitive and boring.
Everything else was great.
I thought it was great, really engaging as fuck and extremely well done. The POV narrative style was well done with the very subtle changes in each retelling. But yeah maybe the 3rd version was bit too much, made it all unnecessary bit too long.

But as a overall movie it gets high marks from, one of the better movies I seen in a while.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Twice was fine 3 versions of the same story was too much by that stage I got bored. Should of left her version of the story up the viewers imagination.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I thought it was great, really engaging as fuck and extremely well done. The POV narrative style was well done with the very subtle changes in each retelling. But yeah maybe the 3rd version was bit too much, made it all unnecessary bit too long.

But as a overall movie it gets high marks from, one of the better movies I seen in a while.
I thought they could have shortened the narratives of the male leads a bit and then had the female leads story fill in more holes. Instead it seemed like they were similar lengths which led to the plot dragging at the beginning of the third act.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Right thread to talk about the Amazon Juventus documentary?

Thought it sucked. At first i thought i didnt enjoy it because i don't speak Italian and subtitles get a bit tiring, but then i also watched the one on Italy's Euro win on Netflix. The Euro one too is all subtitles, but so much better made.

Last edited:

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
on kikeflix

Started I Don't Feel At Home In This World Anymore because of Elijah Wood, lasted 3 minutes

Started The Power of The Dog and lasted about 15 minutes of Cucumbersnatch's horrible American accent and acting.

Back to The Wire rewatch :baus:

edit: apparently the latter one was directed by a *squints* woman. I apologize Cucumbersnatch, you never had a chance.

Last edited:

JuveE46

Dec 6, 2015
Netflix

"Bruised" with Halle Berry was better than youd expect (don't usually like female leads in such stories)

older one but "shot caller" was decent.

Another older one but "Identity" is better than most shit movies made nowadays.

"Dances with wolves" one of the best movies ever made period.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)