Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (21 Viewers)

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
For me it was a great movie. Having never knew anything about the Dune universe I was blown away by it.
Even know I am preparing to watch it for a third time in less than 5 days.
For the best experience theater is recommended.
I gaved it a 9/10 and can't wait for the sequel, who is going to be realesed in 2023.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
And horror movies by default are magnificent?
Compared to other films this year yes, At least, like the rest of the films, it did not have a repetitive and boring story.
I don't say Dune is not a good movie but it is hyped and overrated. trailer was amazing but the movie is not what I expected.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
So I watched Dune yesterday. First off, gotta say that visiting theater is a must for this one. I watched it in imax so that's another bonus. Overall, I really liked the movie, I think it's a great one. I'm a huge Denis Villeneuve fan and he didn't let me down with this one. The build up is great, I really liked the pace of the movie. Acting and roles were spot on compared with the book. I think Timothee has a great future ahead of him. Music was quite good, I did like it. Unlike other Zimmer soundtracks I don't think I'll go on youtube and listen to it, no, but it's a different kind of tone which perfectly suits the desert theme in my opinion. There are SOME, but not many, different things compared with the book but he mostly did stick to it. And oh man, it was such an eye candy. Visuals are incredible here. Also, I like the creativity behind costumes and flying machines, it was really neat. What was a flaw, imo, was not putting (any) focus on Leto's and baron's advisers since they had a bigger part in the book. I also kinda expected a bigger/better scene in the tent but oh well, it's just a minor thing I suppose. Overall it's a big success and I can't wait for the second part. I'm really glad he didn't rush it and postponed last 1/3 of the book for the second part.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
So I watched Dune yesterday. First off, gotta say that visiting theater is a must for this one. I watched it in imax so that's another bonus. Overall, I really liked the movie, I think it's a great one. I'm a huge Denis Villeneuve fan and he didn't let me down with this one. The build up is great, I really liked the pace of the movie. Acting and roles were spot on compared with the book. I think Timothee has a great future ahead of him. Music was quite good, I did like it. Unlike other Zimmer soundtracks I don't think I'll go on youtube and listen to it, no, but it's a different kind of tone which perfectly suits the desert theme in my opinion. There are SOME, but not many, different things compared with the book but he mostly did stick to it. And oh man, it was such an eye candy. Visuals are incredible here. Also, I like the creativity behind costumes and flying machines, it was really neat. What was a flaw, imo, was not putting (any) focus on Leto's and baron's advisers since they had a bigger part in the book. I also kinda expected a bigger/better scene in the tent but oh well, it's just a minor thing I suppose. Overall it's a big success and I can't wait for the second part. I'm really glad he didn't rush it and postponed last 1/3 of the book for the second part.
I heard alot about good things about this movie as well. I guess it's one of those visual movies, that needs to be watched on theatre, like Blade runner 2049.

Might actually sneak in some friday night to see it.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I heard alot about good things about this movie as well. I guess it's one of those visual movies, that needs to be watched on theatre, like Blade runner 2049.

Might actually sneak in some friday night to see it.
It sure is rewarding on the big screen. But I wouldn't say visual only. It's defo worth watching. Plus, I have even bigger expectations for second part.

JuveE46

Dec 6, 2015
Finally went to the theater for Dune last night. Took an edible for the first time in forever and was high off my ass. Highly recommend seeing in theaters and being stoned for it. :tup:
Yea saw last night smelling like sativa, the edibles here are paralyzing, so went with a splif.
I'm not a sci-fi fan and thought I'd just sleep through it but pleasant surprise it was interesting and well made.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Finally got around to watch Dune. Villeneuve and Hans Zimmer didn't disappoint. Film looked and sounded fantastic altogether. I was already in despair after some marvel-tier quips and some otherwise awkward dialogue. But after the first third the movie came around and killed it. I thought I wasn't gonna accept the small guy as Paul but he was so good in this role.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Finally got around to watch Dune. Villeneuve and Hans Zimmer didn't disappoint. Film looked and sounded fantastic altogether. I was already in despair after some marvel-tier quips and some otherwise awkward dialogue. But after the first third the movie came around and killed it. I thought I wasn't gonna accept the small guy as Paul but he was so good in this role.
The last Jedi quips tier?

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I had a very similar reaction, I’m pumped for part two

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)