Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (32 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
@Dostoevsky

Just watched Thomas Vinterberg’s latest film, Druk, at VIFF. Best black comedy I’ve seen in years. Mads Mikkelsen is fucking brilliant in this one. Highly recommend.
Haha, that seems like something that's a must see. After Jagten and Submarino Thomas Vinterberg totally got my attention. I love Mads, I think he's a brilliant actor. I will that one as soon as I see it online because I doubt our fest will cover it before February.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Haha, that seems like something that's a must see. After Jagten and Submarino Thomas Vinterberg totally got my attention. I love Mads, I think he's a brilliant actor. I will that one as soon as I see it online because I doubt our fest will cover it before February.
It possessed that almost perfect blend of black comedy and profound bleakness. Reminded me a bit of Withnail and I ( @DAiDEViL ). A bit less comedic, a bit more serious. But a similar feel nonetheless. I loved it. Mads’ best performance since Michael Kohlhaas imo. You’ll love it.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
It possessed that almost perfect blend of black comedy and profound bleakness. Reminded me a bit of Withnail and I ( @DAiDEViL ). A bit less comedic, a bit more serious. But a similar feel nonetheless. I loved it. Mads’ best performance since Michael Kohlhaas imo. You’ll love it.
I haven't watched that one. You recommend?

Thanks for the heads up :heart:

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Can't wait to watch new Batman. Pretty excited to see Paul Dano, he was such a fucking creep in There Will Be Blood, I think he's a great actor. Also, I had no idea Farrell is the penguin. Not to mention Pattinson who's easily becoming one of the best actors out there. I think Matt will nail it.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Can't wait to watch new Batman. Pretty excited to see Paul Dano, he was such a fucking creep in There Will Be Blood, I think he's a great actor. Also, I had no idea Farrell is the penguin. Not to mention Pattinson who's easily becoming one of the best actors out there. I think Matt will nail it.
Paul Dano is the best

classic actor

I love that he came up with that song in 12 years a slave all by himself, there was no script. He just went for it and it was great

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)