Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (36 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
better than interstalller or inception

pls respond
Inception is better. Has better character depth, you care about them, while in Tenet zero backstory except for great villain (complicated plot, great high tempo action, but little emotional investment). But its better then Instellar for sure. More entertaining and high level execution.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Inception is better. Has better character depth, you care about them, while in Tenet zero backstory except for great villain (complicated plot, great high tempo action, but little emotional investment). But its better then Instellar for sure. More entertaining and high level execution.
You like inception more than interstellar? :think:

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Any scifi recommendations?
Edge of Tomorrow
Oblivion
Both Tom Cruise sci fi movies

-Pacific Rim- if you like huge robots against monsters .

District 9 - sci fi with a message.

Upgrade 2018 - I think it's on Netflix.

Ready Player One - A Steven Spielberg movie.

Arrival

All these movies have a linear story . No mindfuck or allegory stories , in the mold of Primer.
They're action sci fi movies.

Last edited:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
You like inception more than interstellar? :think:
Yeah, Instellar is one of my least favourite ones he did. And its not like I rate inception that much, it just has a more human story as the focus, while the focus of Tenet is entirely the high brow sci fi machinery that runs it all back and forth. Its basically like a sci fi James Bond movie written by a physicist on acid :D Quite the high level trip.

Monty

Tuz Royalty
May 2, 2017
better than interstalller or inception

pls respond
That's up to personal taste...but I definitely like Tenet more than inception and interstellar...all of them are layering of sci-fi concepts on genre films...and i like the spy theme to this just as i liked the cop theme in memento.
Also the sheer execution of this.
Responded.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I’m Thinking of Ending Things. :tup:

Jessie Buckley is the best young actress out there right now. Loved her since she played Marya Bolkonskaya in War and Peace and Moll Huntford in Beast. And she’s just getting better. Brilliant actress.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
The Call of The Wild
Expected a dignified survival drama like Redford's All is Lost but with Harrison Ford, got CGI doggies jumping around instead :baus:

The Dreyfus Affair
Nice science fiction movie

I’m Thinking of Ending Things. :tup:

Jessie Buckley is the best young actress out there right now. Loved her since she played Marya Bolkonskaya in War and Peace and Moll Huntford in Beast. And she’s just getting better. Brilliant actress.
Been interested in this movie but too scared to watch :scared:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

So psyched for this one. Denis Villeneuve is the best sci-fi director out there, absolutely love his aesthetic in stuff like Bladerunner 2049 and Arrival. Cast looks incredible. Chalamet, Isaac, Brolin, Skarsgaard, Bardem, etc. And this was a favourite book of mine growing up, but the two adaptations thus far have been flops.

Trailer looks fucking amazing. :tuttosport:

@CrimsonianKing @Dostoevsky @Osman @lgorTudor @X Æ A-12

@Quetzalcoatl you were asking about sci fi films, right? This one should be good.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013

So psyched for this one. Denis Villeneuve is the best sci-fi director out there, absolutely love his aesthetic in stuff like Bladerunner 2049 and Arrival. Cast looks incredible. Chalamet, Isaac, Brolin, Skarsgaard, Bardem, etc. And this was a favourite book of mine growing up, but the two adaptations thus far have been flops.

@CrimsonianKing @Dostoevsky @Osman @lgorTudor

@Quetzalcoatl you were asking about sci fi films, right? This one should be good.
Oh yeahhh Villeneuve is good, he nailed the Blade Runner vibe. The book is great and deserves a move to do it justice. The one adaptation from the 80's although weird af is a guilty pleasure of mine (Come on it had STING!)

Looking forward to this new one

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Oh yeahhh Villeneuve is good, he nailed the Blade Runner vibe. The book is great and deserves a move to do it justice. The one adaptation from the 80's although weird af is a guilty pleasure of mine (Come on it had STING!)

Looking forward to this new one
I love David Lynch and Kyle Mclachlan but they just didn’t seem to suit that story. Still enjoyable as a kind of cult classic flop. Lol

Psyched on what Villeneuve can do. That Blade Runner 2049 aesthetic seems like it would be perfect for Dune from how I envision it when I read the book.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
I love David Lynch and Kyle Mclachlan but they just didn’t seem to suit that story. Still enjoyable as a kind of cult classic flop. Lol

Psyched on what Villeneuve can do. That Blade Runner 2049 aesthetic seems like it would be perfect for Dune from how I envision it when I read the book.
Btw have you seen Raised by Wolves yet? Watched the first 3 episodes and loved it. The aesthetic of the world/characters quite resembles all the Alien stuff.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009

@CrimsonianKing @Dostoevsky @Osman @lgorTudor @X Æ A-12

amagad :tuttosport:

Dune + Pink Floyd :tuttosport:

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Why do people like Interstellar?
Is it because of the time warping aspect? I thought the special effects and music were great, but the story was very poor and the characters were even worse.
For movies on space travel, I definitely prefer the Martian and Moon over Gravity and Interstellar.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 36)