Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (56 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I personally enjoyed it. Well made with good pacing.

Some softies just get triggered when there are too many women on the screen at the same time. Don't ask me why.
I asked because I expected to find some silly way to get triggered for no reason. I mean it's a Jane Austen book first lol, and secondly its historical period piece about when women were seen as baby farms and little else, intriguing circumstances for a young writer to try to make her dream real.

Jun 6, 2015
Hey, I watch movies with multiple women on screen on a daily basis
In leading roles too. That is progressive I have to admit.

- - - Updated - - -

I asked because I expected to find some silly way to get triggered for no reason. I mean it's a Jane Austen book first lol, and secondly its historical period piece about when women were seen as baby farms and little else, intriguing circumstances for a young writer to try to make her dream real.
Precisely. It's Alcott's book by the way.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
It is? My sister lied to me lol, she been trying to convince me to go to cinema with her, and part of the pitch was Jane Austen story :D

But people assume Austen has the monopoly on these kind of stories.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
It's just one of the most female movies I've seen lately. Not that it's feministic. It's just obviously made for women. Like a better quality Hugh Grant and Jennifer Anniston romance. I was like one of 5 guys in the audience with 40 women of all ages.
Oh yeah its obviously its main audience. I'm going with 2 of my sisters and probably few others all female. Only me and my cousin as guys.

My main interest is I rate Saoirse Ronan quite high. Excellent actress.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
It is? My sister lied to me lol, she been trying to convince me to go to cinema with her, and part of the pitch was Jane Austen story :D

But people assume Austen has the monopoly on these kind of stories.
whatcha calling Little Women a Jane Austen story for? :p

Austen is definitely a better writer than Alcott though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 52)