Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (58 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I watched Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker last night. I was quite sad when my brother told me that it's getting horrible reviews before we entered the cinema, although, knowing that people are quite weird creatures, I tried to let it slide. IMO episode 9 tried to fix a lot of uncommon sense that happened in the episode 8, so that's a huge plus for me (then again, looking at the big picture it's a minus, simply because it's obvious they were making movies one by one, not even planning ahead for the next movie). Kylo Ren story turned out to be quite good imo (or at least I expected it to be worse). It also "makes sense" why the girl is strong, but yeah, it still has plenty of loopholes thinking about the logical SW universe. The storyline wasn't messed up, it was a nice adventure with good pacing. After seeing 2/3 of the movie I was thinking like "why is this part getting shat on" and that line stick on me during the entire movie eventually. That ending... IMO that's totally left open and my guess is that it will be reboot in 10-15 years time. I'd bet my ass on that. Shortly, out of the three, this part was the best one for me. Seeing imdb ratting and rotten tomatoes is just stupid as shit :lol2:

That ending though... imo Ren using the force placed the baby in her stomach. She putting those lightsabers in the sand... I could totally see a kid (their kid ... but imagine that family power in him, my guess is that he would be the dark side) digging up those lightsabers from the sand as the opening scene in the future movie in like 10-15 years.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
That cast looks ridicolous. Except for the time rewind thing, the spy ops look gives me a modern more action like John Le Carrê story.

Last edited:

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
I've never really watched anything Star wars related until I started watching the Mandalorian which I have been really enjoying so far. Only reason I got into it was because I used to have a Star Wars game for the Nintendo 64 and I thought that Boba fett character was cool. Off of enjoying the Mandalorian ive then went on to watch the first two movies from the new trilogy and I have to say I really enjoyed them.

I've seen bits and pieces of the original trilogy but I could never take it too seriously. I find it hilarious that grown men get so so emotional about it... Spaceballs is awesome though.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 56)